AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-03, 03:25   Link #101
Aqua Knight

He's an altruist in such cases , but still he's not as selfless as it can appear to us.
Old 2009-09-03, 04:26   Link #102
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacundim View Post

To me it really seems like Kyon seriously wants Haruhi to mellow out and treat other people better, wants Nagato to open up a bit more and acknowledge her emotions, and wants Asahina to develop more confidence and self-esteem like her older self (though he's still unnerved by Asahina (big), which complicates matters).
Yes, I'd agree with that. It makes a fair bit of sense in all three cases, as it would make all three more well-rounded people, it could be argued.
Old 2009-09-03, 04:46   Link #103
Aqua Knight

What about Itsuki? Doesn't he care about him at all??
Old 2009-09-03, 05:31   Link #104
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Nope! Where have you been?
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-09-03, 08:05   Link #105
Sho-tan
Seitenkan's Shota

He wants Itsuki to get the hell out of his face.
Old 2009-09-03, 08:35   Link #106
Aqua Knight

Come on, deep inside Kyon wants to change him too, he just doesn't know how,yet he tries so much,but the result...there's no result.
Old 2009-09-03, 10:13   Link #107
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th_warrior View Post
What about Itsuki? Doesn't he care about him at all??
He probably wants Itsuki to drop his facade. That, and he'd probably like it if Itsuki stopped hitting on him. Of course, those two are pretty much one and the same unless you think that Itsuki is truly gay.
Old 2009-09-03, 21:54   Link #108
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
He probably wants Itsuki to drop his facade. That, and he'd probably like it if Itsuki stopped hitting on him. Of course, those two are pretty much one and the same unless you think that Itsuki is truly gay.
definately agree with that. but in the near future i would like to see kyon hit itsuki. i think he deserves it.
Old 2009-09-04, 08:37   Link #109
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

I'd love to see Kyon and Koizumi duke it out. Winner gets... wait, is there anything they'd actually fight over?
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-09-04, 08:48   Link #110
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
I'd love to see Kyon and Koizumi duke it out. Winner gets... wait, is there anything they'd actually fight over?
Going by this subform, it's pretty obvious what (or rather, who) they'd fight over, don't you think?
Old 2009-09-04, 08:51   Link #111
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

If you mean Haruhi, neither would initiate a fight over her... Kyon tries to maintain the whole "I can't stand Haruhi" thing, while Koizumi knows that any problems that arise around her inevitably mean problems for him later, as well.
Old 2009-09-04, 08:59   Link #112
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
If you mean Haruhi, neither would initiate a fight over her... Kyon tries to maintain the whole "I can't stand Haruhi" thing, while Koizumi knows that any problems that arise around her inevitably mean problems for him later, as well.
Well, I'm just saying that if, say, a powerful entity (let's use Q from Star Trek here) was to set-up a fight between the two of them, and was to tell each of them "Winner of this fight gets a happy Haruhi as his life partner for the rest of his life!", I could see them seriously fighting for that.
Old 2009-09-04, 09:01   Link #113
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

... "Happy Haruhi" generally means trouble for anyone around her.

Except Tsuruya, she seems to be immune to her antics.
Old 2009-09-04, 11:58   Link #114
Aqua Knight

Sometimes he's too soft-hearted towards Haruhi,but bound being the guardian of the balance he has to restrain himself.
I'd like more tense moments like the recent one in the Sighs.
Old 2009-09-06, 23:17   Link #115
ashez2ashes

Send a message via AIM to ashez2ashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Well, I'm just saying that if, say, a powerful entity (let's use Q from Star Trek here) was to set-up a fight between the two of them, and was to tell each of them "Winner of this fight gets a happy Haruhi as his life partner for the rest of his life!", I could see them seriously fighting for that.
Eh, I suppose we could see Itsuki and Kyon fight if Haruhi decided the S.O.S brigade need to enter a martial arts tournament. Then Kyon could feel much shame after getting beat up by him. I could defintily see Itsuki knowing Judo moves and thrashing Kyon.
Old 2009-09-06, 23:28   Link #116
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashez2ashes View Post
Eh, I suppose we could see Itsuki and Kyon fight if Haruhi decided the S.O.S brigade need to enter a martial arts tournament. Then Kyon could feel much shame after getting beat up by him. I could defintily see Itsuki knowing Judo moves and thrashing Kyon.
Have you forgotten that Haruhi wants to see Kyon do cool stuff? She really wants to be impressed by him. If Itsuki thrashed Kyon like that then Haruhi would probably be pretty upset. Itsuki would have to throw the fight.

Unless Haruhi feels like dressing up like a nurse. Then she might be okay with it.
Old 2009-09-07, 21:00   Link #117
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

Send a message via MSN to Jonbob0008
Itsuki would pwn Kyon, unless he did throw the fight (or if Kyon cheated somehow). We all saw how Itsuki held Kyon's arm during the last episode. He's considerably stronger than Kyon, and he probably has some level of combat training, too. Either way, a fight between them seems unlikely.

Besides, Haruhi doesn't need Kyon to be a badass. She need him as a man-slave.
Old 2009-09-08, 08:00   Link #118
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

She doesn't need Kyon to be a badass, she wants him to be one. That way, his status as man-slave is much sweeter.
Old 2009-09-08, 20:18   Link #119
ashez2ashes

Send a message via AIM to ashez2ashes
Quote:
She doesn't need Kyon to be a badass, she wants him to be one. That way, his status as man-slave is much sweeter.
Heh, you know on second thought.... in the end it probably wouldn't matter whose really strongest... Yuki would give them all body controlling arm/ankle bands or something and they'd suddenly all become SUPER MARTIAL ARTS MASTERS <tm>. Kyon would win or lose based soley on whether Haruhi wanted to see him do something cool or nurse him back to health.
Old 2009-09-08, 21:18   Link #120
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashez2ashes View Post
Kyon would win or lose based soley on whether Haruhi wanted to see him do something cool or nurse him back to health.
So in other words, he'd make it to the finals and then get clobbered. This way he comes off as amazing, and she be proud of how close he got, all while nursing him back and knowing that he isn't quite the best.

Using the thinking back from Dragonball, "If they think there's someone stronger out there, they'll continue to push themselves" or something like that. That's right, I just compared Kyon to Goku.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters