AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-04-22, 17:05   Link #821
Xacual

It looked like a basic foot technique, it definitely wasn't the high level one Shioon mastered and the translated version I saw said it was steel spirit strike.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 17:08   Link #822
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Depends whose translation.

(And I don't think Shioon mastered any high level foot technique. Goomoonryong only had time to show him the basics.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 17:09   Link #823
Xacual

No Shioon used the one that makes it look like there are multiple of him. That was the high level one. Lightning steps or something?

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-04-22, 17:19   Link #824
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Bully just went and learned high level shit like that? Murim must really suck if a guy like that can just do it on a whim. I feel sorry for old Iron Claw something. I hope this end up just being a gimmick and not the real deal.
Old 2011-04-22, 17:23   Link #825
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
No Shioon used the one that makes it look like there are multiple of him. That was the high level one. Lightning steps or something?
The five he was shown, including the one to make multiples, all count as "basic".

(Yeah, I want to know what counts as "advanced". Jumping tall buildings? Walking on walls?)
Old 2011-04-22, 17:25   Link #826
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The five he was shown, including the one to make multiples, all count as "basic".
It's from chapter 43 when Goomoonryong is at the base with Shiho and the other guys show up. They mention how all of Murim is chasing after Shioon and that he is using high level techniques like lightning steps and soul crushing strike.

Old 2011-04-22, 17:49   Link #827
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I don't believe it was a high lv tech either. When Shioon used it on the big dude in ch 43(?) as he was escaping the school, the big dude didn't even have time to dodge Shioon's attack. He was supposedly "one of the best" at what he did. Hyuk so Chin was even surprised that he could pull such a manuver. Same thing with the SCS, there was no "poof" effect or sound, like Shioon or even the former Alliance chief.

But the big guy in this chap, saw Changho's attack even after he dodged, nor was there any 'explosion' sound, so I feel that Changho just learned some basic wannabe BS.

This is, assuming, that the author doesn't unintentionally make an inconsistency with the difference.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 18:05   Link #828
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Wait, the author brought that shitty bully back!?

FFFFUUUUUUUUUU-

Call me back in half a year when he's dead, dead, and deader.

If he's gonna be bringing anyone back from the "dead" he might as well bring back the sexy lady. At least I'd be happy then. This shit just don't fly man.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 20:42   Link #829
Shadow5YA

Isn't it adding insult to the injury when Shioon loses his powers while his bully gets the powerup he used to have?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 21:05   Link #830
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Isn't it adding insult to the injury when Shioon loses his powers while his bully gets the powerup he used to have?
Nah, it just means we get to see Changho get his ass kicked again at some point .
Old 2011-04-22, 21:25   Link #831
shakes12

i want to tell the author to fucking fix his ki centre already
shakes12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 23:45   Link #832
Exether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Hopefully Jinie will kill him next chapter and take him out of his misery . We'll have a new protagonist the following week

I'll be seriously pissed off if Shioon ends up being beaten by that bastard again We already had a whole series dealing with that. For goodness sake! The author needs to power him up already.
Old 2011-04-23, 00:03   Link #833
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exether View Post
Hopefully Jinie will kill him next chapter and take him out of his misery . We'll have a new protagonist the following week

I'll be seriously pissed off if Shioon ends up being beaten by that bastard again We already had a whole series dealing with that. For goodness sake! The author needs to power him up already.
Is it even possible for him to be killed by Jinie? Seeing the beatings he has taken while surviving and regenerating, Jinie isn't even as strong as Ji Gun and he couldn't kill him. I still am waiting for him to get an arm chopped off and for it to grow back.

Old 2011-04-23, 00:19   Link #834
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Judging from what Demitri said to Goomoonryong, the foot technique that Shioon was using was an advanced one.

The technique Chango was using couldn't have been Soul Crushing Strike since there was no explosion, nor do I think the foot technique he was using was all that good either.

Only time can tell.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 00:23   Link #835
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Jinie doesn't have the guts to do it, though I wouldn't put it past the author to have her at least trying.

That said, I'm liking Jinie in them striped stockings
Old 2011-04-23, 00:32   Link #836
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exether View Post
So evil . Well, at least with this turn of events, Jinie will finally break free of her grandfather's control. That guy is no different than the former Alliance chief with Goom.
Old 2011-04-23, 01:12   Link #837
shakes12

this chapter was a bug twist, reall surprised me. but why is the author making us wait for such a long time to get his ki centre fixed
shakes12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 03:04   Link #838
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Judging from what Demitri said to Goomoonryong, the foot technique that Shioon was using was an advanced one.

The technique Chango was using couldn't have been Soul Crushing Strike since there was no explosion, nor do I think the foot technique he was using was all that good either.

Only time can tell.
Shioon was shown five techniques (ch 39):
- Jin
- Tweh
- Hweh
- Kyuk
- Hwan.

They were all called basic by Goomoonryong, but then, the only punching technique Shioon learned was the Soul Crushing Strike, so who knows if everyone will agree they're basic? The guy in chapter 43 described the one used by Shioon to evade pursuit, Hwan (the one that makes clones), as high level.

I think Changho used Hweh, to disappear from sight.

As for the no explosion - maybe it's because he didn't put enough ki in it?
Old 2011-04-23, 03:09   Link #839
Xacual

Quote:
Shioon was shown five techniques (ch 39):
- Jin
- Tweh
- Hweh
- Kyuk
- Hwan.

They were all called basic by Goomoonryong, but then, the only punching technique Shioon learned was the Soul Crushing Strike, so who knows if everyone will agree they're basic? The guy in chapter 43 described the one used by Shioon to evade pursuit, Hwan (the one that makes clones), as high level.

I think Changho used Hweh, to disappear from sight.

As for the no explosion - maybe it's because he didn't put enough ki in it?
I think Hwan itself isn't high level by default but using it at a high enough level would make it a high level technique different from the basic version. The scanlation said it was "Hwan Hwan Shin Bo" Goomoonryong too said that the ultimate level of it is formidable.

Also yeah I can't see the techniques Changho used as anything but more basic ones. He was fighting pretty much a normal strong guy too. Also the two scanlation groups differ on what they call Changho's attack.

Old 2011-04-23, 03:10   Link #840
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Mind you that I haven't read the scanlated version. Chang Ho's return, even in undecipherable Zerg language, made me icky to pick it up because I'm afraid of getting stuck at a potential cliffhanger string of chapters of 'Chang Ho beats up Shioon and maybe even attempts rape Redux.'

Of course, I would be most amazingly pleased if Shioon could recover before that kind of plot turn happens, but I'm not counting the chickens.

Quote:
They were all called basic by Goomoonryong
Goomoonryong was playing the 'tough to the student' stick the whole time. He was feeding Shiion on how he needs to pick up the slack and quickly learn things that even from his own estimates, would take at least a month to learn.

Of course, Shiion does it within days.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gar, harem, manhwa, martial arts, new waves