AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Old 2013-02-07, 15:07   Link #81
Kudryavka

I wonder if AB will even be a flagship title? Since it's already an established franchise and isn't fresh and new, I thought this would be more of a secondary title to complement the already existing franchise components, which is how the franchise was made, for different components to compliment each other (and also the reason why people who only watch the anime keep saying it "doesn't explain enough" and "some characters weren't explored enough").
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 15:24   Link #82
Kirayuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
I wonder if AB will even be a flagship title? Since it's already an established franchise and isn't fresh and new, I thought this would be more of a secondary title to complement the already existing franchise components, which is how the franchise was made, for different components to compliment each other (and also the reason why people who only watch the anime keep saying it "doesn't explain enough" and "some characters weren't explored enough").
Interesting point, but I doubt Maeda would stall this game long enough if this is not a main title. And I always thought that Maeda wrote AB with the intention of VN in mind and the anime as advertisement or testbed for the game itself.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 15:34   Link #83
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
Interesting point, but I doubt Maeda would stall this game long enough if this is not a main title. And I always thought that Maeda wrote AB with the intention of VN in mind and the anime as advertisement or testbed for the game itself.
Hm, that is interesting... oh well, we will see in time.

And I thought Maeda said he quit scenario writing for VNs? Which would mean someone other than him is writing the VN??
Old 2013-02-07, 15:39   Link #84
Kirayuki

IIRC, Maeda only took a break from writing. Doesn't necessarily mean he retire or something. That said, if they every gonna choose to go into something like Clannad in term of game content I believe some other writers will join in for writing some of character routes. The true end or meat of story will still be done by Maeda though, I think.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 17:19   Link #85
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Actually, no. Maeda really wanted to stop writing. He considered Little Busters as the embodiement of what's left of his imagination (implying he went dry on finding new ideas).
That's also why AB was more or less a new opportunity for him since writing a story for an anime is drastically different. So he was pretty much pushed to write the VN after they witnessed the series soaring popularity.
Old 2013-02-07, 20:54   Link #86
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Swan song of Maeda? Anyway...next year probably eh?

Most likely will order in if there's no other anticipated AVG releases
Old 2013-02-07, 21:06   Link #87
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
So he was pretty much pushed to write the VN after they witnessed the series soaring popularity.
Well, Baba states in most of his posts in that yaraon blog post that "Maeda is the core of Key". That said, I hope that this "push" to make the Angel Beats! VN would not affect the quality of his work.

Also, I wonder what would happen if Maeda finally leaves behind the task of writing Key scenarios to someone else...
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 00:44   Link #88
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Well, Baba states in most of his posts in that yaraon blog post that "Maeda is the core of Key". That said, I hope that this "push" to make the Angel Beats! VN would not affect the quality of his work.

Also, I wonder what would happen if Maeda finally leaves behind the task of writing Key scenarios to someone else...
That's the position of management vs Maeda's own statements on the matter. Ever since finishing Clannad, he has consistently maintained that he no longer has the energy or desire to write scenarios on the same level. They hired Yuuto Tonokawa as a potential successor (it's important to note that they took him on as a full-time, salaried employee and are committed to his development. Besides Maeda, all other writers on Tomoyo After, Little Busters, and Rewrite were freelancers contracted on a per-project basis), but as of Rewrite, he still lacked the experience to take over as lead writer.

OTOH, Maeda expressed interest in composing more music, and he hoped to participate on a RPG project.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 12:29   Link #89
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Well about time we got some news... Summer 2013? Hey it's summer down here in Argentina and I'm not seeing any progress ;_;

I know, bad joke. But hey! It's almost there! And TL by 2016 is... a bit of a downer estimate guys, come on...

Besides, Angel Beats has huge popularity for being an anime first, so there's bound to be someone interested in TL-ing it faster than a VN...

I'd certainly volunteer to be an editor if you want... But that's waaaay ahead of us now. VN is on the works and that's more than enough.

Arty

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 21:53   Link #90
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Great news :3 Guess April 1st will tell us something more!
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 22:58   Link #91
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
April 1st
Welp.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 23:18   Link #92
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
Great news :3 Guess April 1st will tell us something more!
Man, what is with Key announcing stuff on April 1st?!

I know it's the first day of school and the new fiscal year, but wow. They're gonna troll hard one April Fool's, just watch. They're waiting for the right time.
Old 2013-02-11, 10:05   Link #93
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

April the 1st. In before the whole mess calling it a prank on youtube etc.

Arty

PS: That's just 2 months away... this is going to be very interesting.

Old 2013-02-11, 11:16   Link #94
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post
April the 1st. In before the whole mess calling it a prank on youtube etc.
I got here first to call Key trolling Arty :3
Old 2013-02-20, 01:34   Link #95
Balzac
Assistant Professor

(Bleh. So very late to the news.)

I'm taking the news to mean that this 2013 will be an empty year production-wise for Key - at least on the novel side seeing as they still have that Little Busters! anime project going on.
Old 2013-02-27, 17:13   Link #96
Magnum Bookworm
The Bookworm

So, pretty much the prequel manga/light novel establishes the back story of each character, while this VN is suppose to expand on the original Angel Beats! anime.....

Looks like the problems of the anime are soon to be fixed.
Old 2013-05-12, 10:45   Link #97
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Probably old news but hey, worth sharing.

http://seventhstyle.com/2013/02/07/a...ebuts-in-2013/

Arty

PS: Keep faith companions

Old 2013-05-12, 10:48   Link #98
GDB

Doubtful it'll be this year. Their big announcement day was April 1st, and there was no mention of it. It might still be really late this year, but I'd assume it'll be closer to next year some time.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 10:51   Link #99
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

I read this as more of an "announcement" coming on summer 2013. That would be more like Key though.

When did AB get announced as an anime?

When was PV6? (the one with theme of sss)

My guess is it'll be circa one of those dates.

Arty

Old 2013-06-24, 20:01   Link #100
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...e-after-summer

Weird how this hasn't been posted here yet. But man, the fact this hasn't gotten green-lit yet is making me pretty anxious... And don't even get me started for when an English patch gets released.
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote