AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-09-09, 16:32   Link #201
kuromitsu

Oh man, I'm going to have very complex feelings watching Jinbei go against Yukimura... XDDDD By the way, Yukimura should really change into something more, you know, evil-looking. Pink butterfly wings and shorts, all he needs is an aloha shirt or something.

Anyway, Oooka-donoooo!!!! He was awesome. Of course his special attack is Tenbatsu. And in the end he finally awarded Jinbei a ○ and died with a smile... After all this I demand a very happy end, damn it.

The Mugai flashback felt pretty random, but I guess finally here's the reason why Mugai didn't kill the Magistrate back then, and why he stayed around. But the flashback also made me wonder, not for the first time, about where the Insect Hunters are, when the place is full of insects terrorizing people, plus their ultimate target is also here. For a while I'd kind of expected them to show up and team up with the main characters, but by now I don't think that's going to happen (due to certain reasons).

Also, now it's Suwabe Junichi and Inoue Kazuhiko in the same scene. This show is trying to kill me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
At first, I was interested in that female-looking insect from the Ten Crucifix, but from the voice, is it a TRAP??!!!! High heels and all too....
Funnily enough, his seiyuu, Takagi Motoki played Yuri Kamanosuke in Brave 10 as well, who had the same ambiguous-gender-(but-actually-a-guy) thing going on. I suppose with his voice it's either this or shota roles. (Or adorable, loser wolves. Maybe children running from adorable killer cats, but I wasn't very happy about that casting choice...)

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-09-09 at 17:07.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 19:18   Link #202
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

A reverse trap!? ... That's kinda awesome in a way... lol...

Obatsu desu, Oouka-dono!! Not when you just had your manly scene! ... I had wanted to dislike him early on but I couldn't - now I know why.
Old 2013-09-09, 21:45   Link #203
Miraluka
Banned

NNNNNNGHHHH!!!!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 13:31   Link #204
Breimoon

who might be this king? Oda nobunaga? Takeda Shingen ?i'm getting really interest but unfortunatly don't know enough of japanese history(useless school....)
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 15:14   Link #205
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
who might be this king? Oda nobunaga? Takeda Shingen ?i'm getting really interest but unfortunatly don't know enough of japanese history(useless school....)
IF the king is a historical person reborn then it's likely Toyotomi Hideyori who was the heir of Toyotomi Hideyoshi, and whose cause Yukimura famously died defending at the Siege of Osaka. (Hideyori also died there which might be why the cocoon is over the castle - the Magistrate's flashbacks also show a burning castle.) Yukimura keeps calling the Magistrate Naa-hime, which is commonly thought to have been the name of Hideyori's daughter. To me all these point toward a possible Toyotomi revival and revenge against the Tokugawa shogunate. With bugs because hell, why not.
Old 2013-09-10, 15:49   Link #206
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
IF the king is a historical person reborn then it's likely Toyotomi Hideyori who was the heir of Toyotomi Hideyoshi, and whose cause Yukimura famously died defending at the Siege of Osaka. (Hideyori also died there which might be why the cocoon is over the castle - the Magistrate's flashbacks also show a burning castle.) Yukimura keeps calling the Magistrate Naa-hime, which is commonly thought to have been the name of Hideyori's daughter. To me all these point toward a possible Toyotomi revival and revenge against the Tokugawa shogunate. With bugs because hell, why not.
toyouomi hideyoshi? first time heard about him, gonna look him up thanks for the tip
Old 2013-09-10, 19:09   Link #207
G147

Quote:
Hmm but Toyotomi Hideyoshi is the current Shogun in the show, his son is Nagatomimaru.
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 19:15   Link #208
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by G147 View Post
Hmm but Toyotomi Hideyoshi is the current Shogun in the show, his son is Nagatomimaru.
No he's not. Tokugawa Yoshimune is the Shogun.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 22:18   Link #209
G147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
No he's not. Tokugawa Yoshimune is the Shogun.
Ooh thank you for clearing that, i was a bit confused.
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 22:24   Link #210
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by G147 View Post
Ooh thank you for clearing that, i was a bit confused.
NP. I think Kuromitsu is right, and the King is going to be Hideyori (not Hideyoshi) as it certainly makes the most sense historically.
Old 2013-09-12, 08:37   Link #211
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Marathoned the episodes. I was good especially Oooka's dying moment of awesome. He understood that the Insect Magistrate will no longer be able interact with Jindei once she recovers her poison.

Quote:
NP. I think Kuromitsu is right, and the King is going to be Hideyori (not Hideyoshi) as it certainly makes the most sense historically.
I have to agree there.
Old 2013-09-13, 00:54   Link #212
dark998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Spoiler:

NNNNNNGHHHH!!!!
Very cute but I want more mobage cards of her with increased fanservice level.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 22:16   Link #213
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Funnily enough, his seiyuu, Takagi Motoki played Yuri Kamanosuke in Brave 10 as well, who had the same ambiguous-gender-(but-actually-a-guy) thing going on. I suppose with his voice it's either this or shota roles. (Or adorable, loser wolves. Maybe children running from adorable killer cats, but I wasn't very happy about that casting choice...)
I got a little giggle out of that casting choice. Now he can say he got to play Yuri Kamanosuke as a bug and a deranged gender ambiguous male. I rather like Takagi Motoki and I'm enjoying him as Isaac in Makai Ouji, but as you mentioned with a voice like his there's only so many roles he can play.

Oooka dono, that was WRONG, very wrong. Ok it was actually very right, but still my emotions. Now Tsukishima needs to save the Princess and avenge him.

lol I like Sanada's wings, but yes those pants and leggings need to go. Perhaps he'll also shed his skin and get a better outfit. Of course this could already be his final form in which case someone get that insect man a stylist.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 07:54   Link #214
Breimoon

umh...so now i bet that our mc will pull out mushibugyo-sama out of the well before she loses her memory and instead sacrifice his memories to get enough strong to protect her
Old 2013-09-16, 10:21   Link #215
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
umh...so now i bet that our mc will pull out mushibugyo-sama out of the well before she loses her memory and instead sacrifice his memories to get enough strong to protect her
Index-Touma's development?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 10:55   Link #216
dark998

Pretty nice action and OST, looks like Seven Arcs is stepping up its game for these final episodes. And that Kuroageha backstory...she paid such a heavy price for her kindness, no wonder she was emotionless for a long time.

Tsukishima super dense as always after the princess virtually confessed to him but oh well, at least he held her hands.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 15:38   Link #217
kuromitsu

Complex feelings, indeed. XDDD Thank god Jinbei is not any more hot-blooded, then it would be really Yukimura vs Yukimura. Oh well, there's still a chance for him to get more worked up...

As for the King, it seems that he's in fact an actual bug, not an ex-human. Interestingly, the Magistrate's parents are listed in the cast as "Naa-hime's father/mother" so I guess her real identity is still up in the air... but then, she is called Naa, and that was the Siege of Osaka, so yeah. Also, if the well takes away people's memories that could explain Yukimura being the way he is - it was a bit weird hearing him talk about samurai as if he himself wasn't one. Hadn't been one. Whatever. I wonder if he'd had his memory erased, or he just renounced his old self and identifies as a bug now.

The Mugai vs Saizou fight was too short, but at least Mugai was cool. It's a pity we didn't get to hear Seki Tomokazu's Tortured Scream(TM), he's awesome at those. The preview shows Mugai vs Yukimura, but since Jinbei still has to fight Yukimura properly, it probably won't end too well for Mugai. I wonder if Jinbei will eventually turn into that white monster thing again.

(Also, in case anyone wonders, the real-life Naa-hime, if that was indeed her name, went on to become the adopted daughter of a rather famous woman, Sen-hime, and became a somewhat famous nun, so things worked out better for her than in the show.)

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-09-16 at 17:19.
Old 2013-09-16, 21:19   Link #218
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Mushibugyou delivers the shounen battle arcs with alacrity, but it's the emotional depth of eps like this that really set it apart IMO. Han Megumi and Kenn are really doing a fantastic job, and this is one of the least-expected great anime romances of the year.
Old 2013-09-17, 03:11   Link #219
kuromitsu

Quote:
Mushibugyou delivers the shounen battle arcs with alacrity, but it's the emotional depth of eps like this that really set it apart IMO. Han Megumi and Kenn are really doing a fantastic job, and this is one of the least-expected great anime romances of the year.
I'm not sure that it's a romance on Jinbei's part... The girl is pouring her heart out to him, and he's like "Your smile and everyone else's makes me strong!"... xD

The seiyuu are awesome, though. My respect for Kenn is off the scale right now.
Old 2013-09-17, 16:09   Link #220
Nvis
Where are the good animes

How can Mugai fly?

"People cannot fly" -quote Fate/Kaleid's Miyu.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen