AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-08-04, 14:50   Link #41
EroKing

Hyped for next week's episode, fight in/on trains always have a special feel to them
Old 2018-08-04, 15:21   Link #42
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
Hyped for next week's episode, fight in/on trains always have a special feel to them :p
Indeed. Which can invoke that classic moment where the villain wonder why the hero chose to go prone at just that moment - extra points if they immediately follow suit, per tip 81 from the Evil Overlord List.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-04, 15:40   Link #43
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawr View Post
Also considering the vampires are supposed to be blending into society they sure don't dress like it.
Well to be fair we never see the vampires among normal people in their usual attire.

So at moment this turning into a 3 way conflict between the Jaegers (good guys), Hyakko Party (Nationalists) and the Vampires. Though I can't imagine the Hyakko Party lasting long since they most bravado and little even they are skilled fighters.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-04, 16:36   Link #44
4th Dimension

Well I think this current conflict will probably be just mid season finale. Because the work so far is the work of those not interested in the Arc, but pursuing the supersolder project. So I expect Yuri will be fighting that thing by episode 6.

I do wonder what is the medium plan of this faction of vampires. Given that they seem going towards the Emperor's palace, do they mean to grab the Emperor? Nationalist might hate the foreigners, but they would hate even more anyone who messes with the Emperor.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-04, 17:11   Link #45
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Episode 4

Much better episode. The dots are starting to connect with the plot which is where i think the shows biggest strength will be and what the bulk of this episode was focused on. Unfortunately Ryoko is still a presence but at least it's a minor one this episode. I fear that won't be the case for too long however.

Last edited by Haak; 2018-08-04 at 17:23.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-04, 18:35   Link #46
drawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Well to be fair we never see the vampires among normal people in their usual attire.

So at moment this turning into a 3 way conflict between the Jaegers (good guys), Hyakko Party (Nationalists) and the Vampires. Though I can't imagine the Hyakko Party lasting long since they most bravado and little even they are skilled fighters.
Mikhail at the cliffhanger on the train though. I figured he'd at least wear a more normal get up when civilians are around.
drawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-04, 21:08   Link #47
Applehell

He does dress the most normal looking among them tho. At very least he can pass for a delinquent or an edgy rockstar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
Well I think this current conflict will probably be just mid season finale. Because the work so far is the work of those not interested in the Arc, but pursuing the supersolder project. So I expect Yuri will be fighting that thing by episode 6.

I do wonder what is the medium plan of this faction of vampires. Given that they seem going towards the Emperor's palace, do they mean to grab the Emperor? Nationalist might hate the foreigners, but they would hate even more anyone who messes with the Emperor.
I doubt the Vamps fear the nationalists that much. Probably planning to get rid of them after what they did to their front.

Last edited by Applehell; 2018-08-04 at 21:19.
Old 2018-08-04, 21:48   Link #48
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Where there a lot of edgy rockstars in Tokyo in 1930?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-04, 22:21   Link #49
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Where there a lot of edgy rockstars in Tokyo in 1930?
In fairness, it seems the vampires and vampire hunters were designed to stick out as much as possible and not blend in with the 1930s setting; from the vampires' anime-Gothic dress to the Jaegers' anime-modern-anachronistic clothes.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-04, 23:21   Link #50
Applehell

I don't know about that, Agatha blended in perfectly well with her first outfit. Still Mikhail and Jeagers are clearly foreigners. They will stick out just by ethnicity and your average Japanese citizen can reasonable assume their clothing is common in their countries.
Old 2018-08-04, 23:35   Link #51
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Dorothea > Ryoko
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-04, 23:43   Link #52
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
I don't know about that, Agatha blended in perfectly well with her first outfit. Still Mikhail and Jeagers are clearly foreigners. They will stick out just by ethnicity and your average Japanese citizen can reasonable assume their clothing is common in their countries.
Oh, forgot about her. Thanks for the reminder.

But otherwise, I'm referring to the costumes the Jaegers and the vampires are more commonly shown wearing.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-11, 12:27   Link #53
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Episode 5

Good episode. The action was a little underwhelming but the the dynamic between Yuliy and his brother was nice (for a cliche) and I'm just glad that Ryoko didn't get in anybody's way. Her quick action in killing that vampire does suggest that they intend to make her an action girl and a part of the Jaegers though so it looks like she'll continue to be a presence. And if they don't give her any other characterisation besides crushing on Yuliy then I'll consider it a bad one. Maybe they'll give her some independent motivations that would ideally take over her development but I'm not banking on it.

Last edited by Haak; 2018-08-19 at 08:14.
Old 2018-08-14, 11:50   Link #54
Darthtabby

Going by her conversation with Dorothea, at least part of Ryouko's interest in Yuliy is because she's intrigued by the work he and the rest of the Jaegers are doing. Granted I'm not entirely convinced by her claim that she doesn't have a crush on him, but her interest in the crew's work at least adds an interesting wrinkle to things.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-19, 08:17   Link #55
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Episode 6

Another solid episode. I like how the story ain't pissing about. The pace continues to be relentless and the writing is really focused. Even Ryoko is showing signs of improvement.
Old 2018-08-19, 08:42   Link #56
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Where? I see no sub
Old 2018-08-24, 13:54   Link #57
Applehell

I'm a bit surprised that Vampires are attacking so quickly again, but I'm not complaining becasue the episode was really exciting anyway. The plot on a whole may not be anything to write home about in terms of originally, but I agree with Haak it's pretty well done so far.

Ryoko's crush on Yuliy is also more palatable now becasue it is not her entire character or at least not anymore. It's also being used to an effect of fleshing her out and doesn't railroad her into only just interacting with our protagonist either, but forming a bond with Dorothea as well. So it is good to she being rounding it out and in turn making smittenss kind of cute instead of groan inducing. She may even become a Jaeger herself at end of this.
Old 2018-08-30, 13:44   Link #58
wuhugm
Confused Shark

EP 7 was amazing guys

Army > Vampires

Reminds me of that scene in Parasite Eve 2
Old 2018-09-01, 16:51   Link #59
drawr

I think Yevgraf shouldn't be ignoring the crazy scientist who is obviously going to do something stupid and mess up his plans but all he seems to think about is his adopted son. Was he really expecting a vampire to be able to easily get to the ark? The whole point is to keep it away from them. And the jaegars are going to follow Yuliy of course, but I have doubts they are going to be useful. Yuliy does most of the work so far in the show.There are so many characters here for a 1 cour show.
drawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-01, 22:16   Link #60
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Please turn the loli twin vampires into heroines