AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2019-06-26, 19:44   Link #21
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Hopefully more of a Last Exile level and less of a Shangri-La level.
Characterization-wise, I liked Shangri-la better. The characters in Last Exile took themselves too seriously for my taste. Here's hoping this won't happen in this show. I'm hoping the two main characters will be more on the cool and charismatic side rather than all serious business.
Old 2019-06-26, 21:59   Link #22
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Characterization-wise, I liked Shangri-la better. The characters in Last Exile took themselves too seriously for my taste. Here's hoping this won't happen in this show. I'm hoping the two main characters will be more on the cool and charismatic side rather than all serious business.
Gatoh writing this and the premise makes me think they're going to have a lot of fun with this .
Old 2019-07-08, 14:07   Link #23
Kazu-kun

Easily the best premier of the season. I liked how the show doesn't take itself too seriously but isn't totally wacky either. There's a good balance there. And I liked the interaction of the two main characters so far.

Production values aren't ground breaking but they're good enough. If they keep the animation consistent through out, it's gonna be fine.

Overall, I just enjoyed this episode and want to see more. That alone puts this ahead of everything else this season.
Old 2019-07-08, 14:47   Link #24
Dop
Mmmm....

I quite liked this, a nice take on the 'odd couple buddy cop' kind of show. Seems promising so far.
Old 2019-07-08, 15:47   Link #25
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I wonder how important that fairy is. Important enough, it seems, that they'd send a knight to recover her, but not important enough for them to send an experienced one?
Old 2019-07-08, 16:03   Link #26
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
That was a good start. A solid first episode that established the setting nicely and gets our main characters beginning their partnership. Yeah, I suppose a magical gate opening up would make things complicated. Doesn't sound like the GATE series where humanity could pretty easily stomp most of the threats on the other sides with enough guns. If it was messy enough I could see human society being shaken up as a result.

That was nice. I hope they can keep it up.
Old 2019-07-08, 16:47   Link #27
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Whats the best monday show's topic still doing here?
What a solid premier, and the OP was on "wont skip" tier!
Old 2019-07-08, 17:44   Link #28
grecefar

Damn this was amazing, I got really high hopes on this.
Old 2019-07-08, 18:33   Link #29
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

A buddy cop show, except one of them is a loli. The end of the episode was pretty damn abrupt, this is one of those shows that would have benefited from a double episode. Nevertheless, what we got was more than enough to catch my attention.

So this is pretty much GATE, 15 years later? I assume the war was far less one-sided though. Curious to learn more.
Old 2019-07-08, 19:59   Link #30
Frontier

This had all the typical cliche's and dialogue of a buddy cop story but with the added mix of anime fantasy archetypes contrasting with a more real world setting. So far I think it works pretty well .

I was thinking to myself "does Japan even have the exact same miranda rights?" and then I realized this anime basically takes place in America even though the male lead is still Japanese .

Man, Kenjirou Tsuda is the lead in another anime this season. Once again, has this ever happened to him before ?

Rick's wife was rubbing her stomach...don't tell me she's pregnant with their third child .

I wonder if Tirana is bulletproof, although it would've made Kei grabbing her to hide from the bullets useless...
Old 2019-07-08, 20:01   Link #31
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Nice first episode, it did a good job setting up the world and the characters. I liked the FMP reference as well.

The OP was good as well.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2019-07-08, 20:59   Link #32
eceso

wow that was an amazing start
Old 2019-07-09, 01:47   Link #33
Darthtabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Nice first episode, it did a good job setting up the world and the characters. I liked the FMP reference as well.

The OP was good as well.
Okay, I'll swallow my pride and ask... what FMP reference did I miss?
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy