AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 07 Rating
Perfect 10 12 17.91%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 25.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 25.37%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 22.39%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.48%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.49%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.49%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.49%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-15, 22:46   Link #361
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

he's not online though is he??
Old 2007-05-15, 22:47   Link #362
Serenity85
Horo-ism

lol, this spoiler sounds evil, yet intriguing, gah mustn't ask but gah I want to know. Must resist temptation.....
Old 2007-05-15, 22:50   Link #363
Meophist

I recommend against it, just so that you know.

As said earlier, it's not good or bad. If the pull it off, though, it could be pretty interesting.
Old 2007-05-15, 22:50   Link #364
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
The evil of spoilers, you want to know yet you don't want to know. Good luck deciding on whether you can fight it or not. I don't know if you should ask or not, it's something that will surprise you though.
Old 2007-05-15, 22:53   Link #365
KempoCatholic
GaoGaiGarMOE!

Hmm, it appears that this thread somehow became taken over by speculation on a spoiler while I was gone. Guess I'm glad that I missed it. But, since vague discussions are no fun, and people who want to know can just PM thisguy, let's switch to another topic.

One thing I thought was cool about Lutecia was how she cast her spells by saying things like "mission: object control" and other things. I wonder what other things her bugbots can do? One scene which popped out in my mind was the shot of the guards wandering around in the basement while a bugbot flies overhead. The main characters are gonna need to change tactics if they want to protect targets from Lutecia's summons, because just forming a defensive perimeter isn't going to be any use.

Perhaps a new mission to track down the summoner? At any rate, once they find out that whatever Garyu took is missing, they'll realize that they messed up and have to deal with the new summoner.
Old 2007-05-15, 22:53   Link #366
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

well i sent the PM, so theres no turning back...i think this should be interesting...somehow someone brainstormed a pretty good spoiler!!
Old 2007-05-15, 23:02   Link #367
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

The team got outmaneuvered this time by some good moves from Lutecia. Not a bad move to draw the defences out to meet the drones, boost up the drones so you'll have to pay even more attention then slip in to grab the target. Might have to take someone and place them right beside the target to make sure nothing can just sneak in there.

Well they may make it an important job to look out for this summoner. Since they don't know much the search would be tough. Since Caro only noticed her when the summoning got started. Maybe during the next mission they will have to make it a priority to keep an eye out for anyone. Also if Caro knows a summoning is happening people can start looking.
Old 2007-05-15, 23:06   Link #368
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
well i sent the PM, so theres no turning back...i think this should be interesting...somehow someone brainstormed a pretty good spoiler!!
noddegamra

Anyways, yeah, it seems that they could be pretty sure they're up against a summoner, based on what Caro(and others) detected. Wonder if there's any techniques they're going to be learning to go up against summoners, if there is any in the first place…
Old 2007-05-15, 23:11   Link #369
Serenity85
Horo-ism

indeed^^ Lutecia impressed me so much, she was calm, cool and collective, it only took 3 spells to out manuver (for a while) the squads, and secure the goods with no one knowing it was gone (well minus the one officer who was there)

Can't wait to see more of what she can do^^
Old 2007-05-15, 23:13   Link #370
hikaru2895
GPL Freedom Fighter

This is ridiculous, i'm still seeding episode 7 and spent all evening reading this thread and i'm only up to page 6 of 19...

you clowns aren't going to chase me off...
Old 2007-05-15, 23:17   Link #371
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikaru2895 View Post
This is ridiculous, i'm still seeding episode 7 and spent all evening reading this thread and i'm only up to page 6 of 19...

you clowns aren't going to chase me off...
Now that you mention it, we only have 19 pages so far.

Back on topic, I think Lutecia has amazing potential for character. Wonder what her backstory is…
Old 2007-05-15, 23:19   Link #372
KempoCatholic
GaoGaiGarMOE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
Back on topic, I think Lutecia has amazing potential for character. Wonder what her backstory is…
Agreed. And I think we can look forward to some awesome flashback episodes explaining how a 'relic weapon' is made, and why she and zest are working for the client.
Old 2007-05-15, 23:21   Link #373
Serenity85
Horo-ism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
Now that you mention it, we only have 19 pages so far.

Ah but that's the biggest question^^ we don't know why she's doing what shes doing, and why she decided to work for "the client" and take orders from Spegetti^^ She's so much like Fate back in S1 (cool uber silent type on side of evil, with and unknown purpose) Thats why I like her quite a lot (well not as much as Fate^^ she's still #1)
Old 2007-05-15, 23:48   Link #374
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
The team got outmaneuvered this time by some good moves from Lutecia. Not a bad move to draw the defences out to meet the drones, boost up the drones so you'll have to pay even more attention then slip in to grab the target. Might have to take someone and place them right beside the target to make sure nothing can just sneak in there.
Doesn't help that the crew doesn't even know what she was after. In terms of defense priority, it appears to have been the people in the hotel [since the gundam girls were on site], the hotel itself and then the lost logia items. Considering how the drones have been operating so far, it would have indiscriminately torn apart the hotel, kiled the inhabitants and taken all the LL items.

Come to think of it, their mission setup at the initial stage was probably correct. The second line heavy hitters smack into the mindless opposition and the rookies mop up. There wasn't a need for a nuclear option unless there was some drastic change or the slim chance of a screw up. Even with the droid upgrade, the plan was still good, the drones would have been crushed in a pincer attack.

Of course, that wasn't the true objective of the attack
Old 2007-05-16, 00:21   Link #375
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Yeah, sadly the team couldn't have predicted the stealth move that went in and out without an issue. Upgrading the drones just made them something they had to focus on even more. Considering they didn't know a summoner was going to show up it was a pretty good strategy. Sometimes things come up that you can't predict and you lose now and then. Not as big a loss as when Fate and Nanoha first met, or when the knights suddenly appeared and took out Nanoha but still a loss.

The Lutecia back story is something everyone is looking forward to. She really does seem like Fate with that calm demeanor, getting the job done without getting riled up. Should be fun to see just what her story is.
Old 2007-05-16, 01:00   Link #376
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

*Sends tell to Thisguy for spoiler* I'd rather have a good guess than be left hanging in the air.

Actually I found it pretty glaring. The drones were attacking from 75% of the sensor radius, leaving the southeast block relatively untouched. Ok the defences deployed into the fronts were good, and could cope, and the newbs held against the chrono-shifted troops. In the end, the whole operation fell apart because Rein didn't have the spine that a Lost Logia should have, Hayate was having too much fun, the Aces were in the wrong places, and even Shamal made a few wrong calls. If Teana and Subaru were redirected to push towards the sector where Rein encountered trouble instead of towards the established defence lines created by the veterans, it'll have been a different story.

*slams operation report on the table and folds up arms*

What do you have to say about this, Commander Hayate?
Old 2007-05-16, 01:13   Link #377
KempoCatholic
GaoGaiGarMOE!

I agree that Rein dropped the ball on this one. Everyone else was needed to hold the line or mop up the droids, and she was the only one free to search for the summoner. An A+ rank mage should be able to dodge a couple of robo-bees.

Although I disagree that there was much that RF6 could have done to prevent the suitcase from being stolen. As far as they knew, the summoner was just trying to make the droids difficult for them to deal with, and they had no idea what she was actually trying to accomplish. Lutecia did say that it was a small thing not affiliated with the auction, after all. They got hit in a blind spot, really. Still, that's not to make light of Lutecia's ability, to send Garyu in without Shamal even so much as noticing.
Old 2007-05-16, 01:19   Link #378
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

I agree with the parts about that very obviously unmolested quarter (come to think of it, that might be a tactical mistake on the doctor's side as well), the Aces not being where they should be (too much confidence in their deployed units?), and why Rein can't even put up a good fight (running out to the battlefield without preparing for a fight just isn't sane, and unless she's an 100% support-type, those bugs shouldn't be much of a problem),etc.

Hmm, they might feel that the hotel premises need to be doubly-fortified just in case, and thus made the newbies stay where they are. But then again, considering the fact that they have 3 heavy-duty magi at hand there, this shouldn't be a problem (a combined effect from the Aces would be able to solve most problems, even if they've haxed drones).

More tactical training for Section 6 and Tsuzuki-san perhaps?

Add-on: Come to think of it, did RF6 knew exactly what the target may be?
Old 2007-05-16, 01:45   Link #379
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

It was kind of sad that Rein got beaten like that by some bugs. She may be small but I thought she could handle herself. Maybe she really is just support while Hayate is the one with the big guns. But even then I'd hope that she could avoid them and keep the search up. Guess it was just a weak reason to keep Lutecia hidden at least for a while longer.

Well RF6 would have had to believe the target was in the auction or else they wouldn't have used Hayate, Fate, and Nanoha in there. Certainly it wasn't an excuse to get the aces into some dresses right....right? Maybe they thought the drones were to draw attention and perhaps someone already inside the building was going to make a move to get an item. With those three no way anyone could've gotten out of there.

They only had some normal guards down where the summon was sent so they must not have believed it to be a real target. Learning from this failure will be important. Beating the drones is all fine, but you end up with losing whatever was taken and having a near friendly fire incident. Well I'm sure Chrono will be left to take care of it if there are any complaints.
Old 2007-05-16, 03:20   Link #380
Aleise
Awe of She

Well, if they're following the pattern of the first season (or heck, even A's), I'd expect them to keep losing - or maybe have some draws once in a while, or have something come up - anything except a clean win against, well, whoever they're fighting - until about episode 22 or something. If that happens, expect that fight to be the best in the season.

I mean, in S1, Nanoha never won against Fate until ep 11 - and I still consider that fight to be the best one.
Closed Thread