AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 07 Rating
Perfect 10 12 17.91%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 25.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 25.37%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 22.39%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.48%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.49%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.49%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.49%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-19, 22:28   Link #541
Meophist

I hope episode 8 is interesting, but my standards for interesting seems to be quite different than Chaos2Frozen's.
Old 2007-05-19, 22:46   Link #542
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
I hope episode 8 is interesting, but my standards for interesting seems to be quite different than Chaos2Frozen's.
Like Night and Day
Old 2007-05-19, 22:55   Link #543
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Like Night and Day
Well, we are on the opposite sides of the world(I live in Canada). Night for you is Day for me.

*sigh* At the very least, this episode was interesting. Still no sub that I know of though.
Old 2007-05-19, 22:56   Link #544
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Okay, just watched the RAW. Here are some comments:
Spoiler for comments:
Yeah well, what can I say. As I previously stated, I wish Vita would've given Teana a better and longer scream-session. Hayate looked really well and Nanoha is the spitting image of her mother. You only have to watch episode 5 when she transforms to see that. And yeah, unfortunately Hayate and Acous seem to have a sibling relationship (sucks ><).

EDIT:
Quote:
Like Night and Day
Quote:
Well, we are on the opposite sides of the world(I live in Canada). Night for you is Day for me.

*sigh* At the very least, this episode was interesting. Still no sub that I know of though.
You guys have always been complete opposite polars, so it's nothing new really,(although still amusing). And as much as I'd like to share Chaos's expectations on the episode, I believe I have the same views as Meophist.
Old 2007-05-19, 23:35   Link #545
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Coincidence ...?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
Yeah well, what can I say. As I previously stated, I wish Vita would've given Teana a better and longer scream-session. Hayate looked really well and Nanoha is the spitting image of her mother. You only have to watch episode 5 when she transforms to see that. And yeah, unfortunately Hayate and Acous seem to have a sibling relationship (sucks ><).

EDIT:

You guys have always been complete opposite polars, so it's nothing new really,(although still amusing). And as much as I'd like to share Chaos's expectations on the episode, I believe I have the same views as Meophist.
Ignoring the lack of Hayate/Acous possibility... Ignoring the lack of Yuuno screentime... Ignoring the lack of answers to questions... Ignoring Rein's questionable capabilities... Ignoring Teana's 'sudden' inferior complex... Even ignoring the bad animation...!

... I STILL find it disappointing that they advertised the trios in formal dresses, but didn't put in abit more time and money to make a big deal out of it...

It could have been legendary.
Old 2007-05-19, 23:45   Link #546
Meophist

Quote:
Ignoring the lack of Hayate/Acous possibility... Ignoring the lack of Yuuno screentime... Ignoring the lack of answers to questions... Ignoring Rein's questionable capabilities... Ignoring Teana's 'sudden' inferior complex... Even ignoring the bad animation...!

... I STILL find it disappointing that they advertised the trios in formal dresses, but didn't put in abit more time and money to make a big deal out of it...

Night and Day, totally.
Old 2007-05-19, 23:53   Link #547
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
I see. But still, I don't really mind Hayate having a big brother figure before having any romantic interests right now. As far as I can see, she really didn't have anyone (male) in her youth to look up to and be reliant on emotionally(Graham won't really do because of not seeing her personally). Being an orphan and all, I'm glad she now has someone to look up to in a more intimate manner than a respected elder or a close friend. Their like family now aren't they? I think that's what really matters for now.

*receives weird looks*

Did I sound weird?

Quote:
Well, how considerate.

Quote:

Hey, we still have the next episode. I'm positive we'll still get the much needed catching up moments with the Aces, Yuuno and Acous.

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2007-05-20 at 01:11.
Old 2007-05-20, 00:06   Link #548
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I see. But still, I don't really mind Hayate having a big brother figure before having any romantic interests right now. As far as I can see, she really didn't have anyone (male) in her youth to look up too and be reliant on emotionally(Graham won't really do because of not seeing her personally). Being an orphan and all, I'm glad she now has someone to look up to in a more intimate manner than a respected elder or a close friend. Their like family now aren't they? I think that's what really matters for now.

*receives weird looks*

Did I sound weird?
You sounded hopeful

Quote:
Well, how considerate.
As always.

Quote:
Hey, we still have the next episode. I'm positive we'll still get the much needed catching up moments with the Aces, Yuuno and Acous.
As long as they keep the dress... (doubt it though)
Old 2007-05-20, 00:27   Link #549
KempoCatholic
GaoGaiGarMOE!

I, like several here, am hoping that they don't just skip to the next day with Teana emo'ing around, because I want some more Aces interaction, and I would also like the ferret to get some more time than just a cameo, if for no other reason than to make his appearing last episode not feel as much like a cheap cameo as it did this episode....

Anyway, as long as they show is some more plot movement than just the inevitable emo-->Subaru conversation---->more determined interaction, I guess I'll be happy. More Lutecia plz!!!
Old 2007-05-20, 00:38   Link #550
Aaron008R

Quote:
You sounded hopeful
Now did I? But isn't it supposed to be there already? Ah well, either way's fine. I just think the sibling role's more fitting for now in a development level. Who knows?

Quote:
As long as they keep the dress... (doubt it though)
I doubt Nanoha would rather get changed first before greeting Yuuno again. If you ask me, she'll come running up to him just as he's coming down the stage calling, "Yuuno-kun!" And the conversations can start there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KempoCatholic View Post
I, like several here, am hoping that they don't just skip to the next day with Teana emo'ing around, because I want some more Aces interaction, and I would also like the ferret to get some more time than just a cameo, if for no other reason than to make his appearing last episode not feel as much like a cheap cameo as it did this episode....

Anyway, as long as they show is some more plot movement than just the inevitable emo-->Subaru conversation---->more determined interaction, I guess I'll be happy. More Lutecia plz!!!
I'm not too worried. Some of the juicy parts are usually left out of the preview.

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2007-05-20 at 01:10.
Old 2007-05-20, 00:58   Link #551
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'll leave the geographic discussion out of this. Don't think being from Canada is connected to my views. Though really I don't have the same distinct presence as Meophist and Chaos2Frozen. Can't help but lean on Chaos's views, since they are prety fun. Though really I don't have the same presence some others have.

Now that I think about it, we should get some conversation with Nanoha, Fate, and Yuuno. It would seem stupid to have him introduce himself, have the two notice him, and then just go to Teana training herself to the bone. It may not be a long talk, but if the jewel seeds are involved you have to think he'll be consulted. Considering how much time he has spent in the library he's got to know something of use.

Can't fit everything into the preview. They should surprise us, though I have no doubt we'll get plenty of upset Teana and cheering up Subaru.
Old 2007-05-20, 01:14   Link #552
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'll leave the geographic discussion out of this. Don't think being from Canada is connected to my views. Though really I don't have the same distinct presence as Meophist and Chaos2Frozen. Can't help but lean on Chaos's views, since they are prety fun. Though really I don't have the same presence some others have.

Now that I think about it, we should get some conversation with Nanoha, Fate, and Yuuno. It would seem stupid to have him introduce himself, have the two notice him, and then just go to Teana training herself to the bone. It may not be a long talk, but if the jewel seeds are involved you have to think he'll be consulted. Considering how much time he has spent in the library he's got to know something of use.

Can't fit everything into the preview. They should surprise us, though I have no doubt we'll get plenty of upset Teana and cheering up Subaru.
Actually, I'm thinking that just as they are about to get the conversation rolling, Hayate comes running up declaring the mission a failure and they have to hurry back to file a report. Then "chat another day" and Yuuno would be left standing there stunned. But even if it comes to that, Yuuno still has one line to come back swinging, and he better play it.

What's that line?

"Chat another day...", but full of forlorness.

Am I making sense?
Old 2007-05-20, 01:45   Link #553
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Actually, I'm thinking that just as they are about to get the conversation rolling, Hayate comes running up declaring the mission a failure and they have to hurry back to file a report. Then "chat another day" and Yuuno would be left standing there stunned. But even if it comes to that, Yuuno still has one line to come back swinging, and he better play it.

What's that line?

"Chat another day...", but full of forlorness.

Am I making sense?
But technically they didn't fail, they're job was to protect the people and Lost Logias that were at the auction...

And since whatever that was taken wasn't on the list, nothing was officially taken and everyone is 'safe'...
Old 2007-05-20, 01:47   Link #554
Thisguy
Negikamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Am I making sense?
Right you're, somehow I think your idea would be the "largest common divisor", both having Yuuno in camera for some time and spareing more time for... well, emo
Anyway, Wakayama airing will occur in 10 hours by now, so not much of waiting at this point.

Ah, and one more thing.
Official site has been updated, adding four more characters in Characters section consisting Spagetti, Lutecia, Zest and rather suprisingly... Gadget Drones.

Among these, noteworthy are it canonically and definitely states that Drones are born (or created, made, huh huh) in Spagetti's labo.
One more thing is that it says Garyuu is a bypedal and human-sized "summoned insekt"... and Lutecia's magic-circle looks very similar to that of Velka...
Old 2007-05-20, 01:48   Link #555
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I guess technically they did fine in their mission. Though clearly they'll have a chat about a mystery summoner, something getting taken even though they were deployed, and a friendly fire incident. But I doubt that'll get in the way of a reunion.

Heck Hayate may kidnap Yuuno and put him to use in RF6. Never know when you'll need a librarian .
Old 2007-05-20, 03:56   Link #556
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisguy View Post
Ah, and one more thing.
Official site has been updated, adding four more characters in Characters section consisting Spagetti, Lutecia, Zest and rather suprisingly... Gadget Drones.
Heh. That IS surprising. But they did so rather collectively and didn't make separate sections for each. But hey, this isn't Gundam.

Quote:
Among these, noteworthy are it canonically and definitely states that Drones are born (or created, made, huh huh) in Spagetti's labo.
One more thing is that it says Garyuu is a bypedal and human-sized "summoned insekt"... and Lutecia's magic-circle looks very similar to that of Velka...
BORN? Then would we get a queen bee drone by any chance?
And I've also noticed, after running both episode 3 and 7, there is a distinct difference between the summoning squares of Caro and Lutecia.

The basic design is the same; two perpendicular diamonds imposed in a square. But in Lutecia's version, there is also a Velka Cross symbol in the middle part where it's supposed to be blank. Does this mean there are Mid-Childa Squares and Velka Squares as well?
Old 2007-05-20, 04:06   Link #557
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
The basic design is the same; two perpendicular diamonds imposed in a square. But in Lutecia's version, there is also a Velka Cross symbol in the middle part where it's supposed to be blank. Does this mean there are Mid-Childa Squares and Velka Squares as well?
This does changes things... Velka alchemistry. Interesting indeed. But that kinda flies in the face of holiness ne, given that Velka cross and alchemistry being an attempt to play God and what not. :P
Old 2007-05-21, 23:21   Link #558
Ratler

Location: Currently Recovering in the TSAB Rehabilitation wing.
Ok i know that Ep8 was shocking but that doesn't have to mean that we all abandon this thread does it?
So (i am not complaining) any word on a sub for 7 yet??
Old 2007-05-21, 23:48   Link #559
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Yeah it's kind've sad when a thread gets left behind even before the subs come out. Hopefully they'll be soon.
Old 2007-05-22, 04:06   Link #560
Ratler

Location: Currently Recovering in the TSAB Rehabilitation wing.
*pat pat* Poor EP7 thread dont worry not all of us have forgoten you^^

Ya I hope so to.
Closed Thread