AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-20, 00:26   Link #301
ichibaka
NSFW leecher

I can help edit the translation since I'm pretty good with editing manga, and I do have previous experience. Are the translations available now? I can start right away, and the pages don't look that difficult to fix.

2) "Is this really Mahou Shoujo?" "No, its Ma(Demon) Hou(Cannon) Shoujo(Girl)"
Old 2007-05-20, 09:59   Link #302
lightl

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post
Pretty sure the manga is finished for now considering nothing had been released for the past 5 month or longer ,cant remember exactly when was ch7 released.

Strikers manga by itself probably would be released after the series ended or close to end, similar to Nanoha A's
well jsut got the vol 85 of megami a few days ago and it has something about the striker S comics from what I can read look like they are putting it in graphic novel , size is B6 see the number 180 think that thte number of pages , and a price of 580 yen , got a hit on it on amazon.jp , can someoen confirm this for me?

Last edited by lightl; 2007-05-20 at 10:04. Reason: mispelled
Old 2007-05-20, 10:31   Link #303
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightl View Post
well jsut got the vol 85 of megami a few days ago and it has something about the striker S comics from what I can read look like they are putting it in graphic novel , size is B6 see the number 180 think that thte number of pages , and a price of 580 yen , got a hit on it on amazon.jp , can someoen confirm this for me?
Yeah i saw that too in amazon, 188 pages to be exact.It is most probably just the compilation of all 7 chapter according to that 1 guy preview and mangaoh club.The number of pages is about right, each chapter around 24-26 pages long.
They might be adding some author stuff in there.At least it is not as thin and expensive as A's
Old 2007-05-20, 10:40   Link #304
lightl

is amazon.jp the only place that has it listed I am thinking about picking it or are ther any other place that have it listed ?
Old 2007-05-20, 10:54   Link #305
raidou
Confused person

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightl View Post
is amazon.jp the only place that has it listed I am thinking about picking it or are ther any other place that have it listed ?
You could try http://www.mangaoh.co.jp/php/data_pr...rd_code=144880
Never bought from em before myself, they are fast on delivery but has crazy shipping cost according to my friends.

Alternatively you could try asking nippon export to find one for you during release, they are slow on delivery though.
Old 2007-05-20, 19:14   Link #306
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Quote:
Originally Posted by KempoCatholic View Post
Well thanks for all of the support guys. I actually have chapter 5 completed (including a rewrite of the first 8 pages), as well as the first 8 pages of chapter 6. selkirk PM'ed me back when I had originally posted my translation and was working on a scanslation of it, but he is currently on a trip and so is pretty busy. I wouldn't mind sending my translation to other people, but since we've been working on small corrections and nuances and finalizing things, I wouldn't feel right about just making another scanslation behind his back.

I guess for now, all I can say is the the translation is finished, and chapter 5 of the manga is in its final stages of scanslation, so please be patient. The final version should be on its way soon enough.
NICE!!! and thanks for the reminder about the forum rules. I'll need to keep that in mind
Old 2007-05-23, 11:58   Link #307
KempoCatholic
GaoGaiGarMOE!

Alright, another question for those military-savvy members of our community. In page 12 of chapter 6, Teana mentions getting a "遺族補償", meaning a bereaved family compensation or survivor's compensation. My question is, in English, what would it be called? Should I translate it as one of those, or is there another name?
Old 2007-05-23, 14:20   Link #308
S_K
Let's begin!

Quote:
Alright, another question for those military-savvy members of our community. In page 12 of chapter 6, Teana mentions getting a "遺族補償", meaning a bereaved family compensation or survivor's compensation. My question is, in English, what would it be called? Should I translate it as one of those, or is there another name?
Hey KempoCatholic, since your working on chap 6, does that mean you've translated chap 5. If so can you tell me where to find it
Old 2007-05-23, 15:33   Link #309
KempoCatholic
GaoGaiGarMOE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
Hey KempoCatholic, since your working on chap 6, does that mean you've translated chap 5. If so can you tell me where to find it
Translation is finished, but it hasn't been turned from the text into an edited scan. In other words, the translation only exists in PMs in selkirk's mailbox and on my hard drive. Sorry this is taking so long, but I have no editing ability whatsoever, so pretty much all I can do is hand off my translations to other people and wait.

Selkirk's absence is hitting us all hard with the lack of StrikerS nano, but he'll be back eventually and everything will go back to mach speed again. If you REALLY, ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY, can not wait for the translation, you caould always PM me and get a copy of the translation, I guess. I'd post it somewhere, but I'm usually not much of a forum person, so I don't have any other places to put it, and Animesuki would like to avoid lawsuits by not hosting translations, so I can't just post my translation here.

(by the way, I know that other people might be willing to scan it in selkirk's absence, but....I'd feel bad about just doing that since he's helped me a lot with proofreading my translation of chapter 5, and even made a first draft of the scanslation)
Old 2007-05-23, 16:05   Link #310
S_K
Let's begin!

Quote:
Translation is finished, but it hasn't been turned from the text into an edited scan. In other words, the translation only exists in PMs in selkirk's mailbox and on my hard drive. Sorry this is taking so long, but I have no editing ability whatsoever, so pretty much all I can do is hand off my translations to other people and wait.

Selkirk's absence is hitting us all hard with the lack of StrikerS nano, but he'll be back eventually and everything will go back to mach speed again. If you REALLY, ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY, can not wait for the translation, you caould always PM me and get a copy of the translation, I guess. I'd post it somewhere, but I'm usually not much of a forum person, so I don't have any other places to put it, and Animesuki would like to avoid lawsuits by not hosting translations, so I can't just post my translation here.

(by the way, I know that other people might be willing to scan it in selkirk's absence, but....I'd feel bad about just doing that since he's helped me a lot with proofreading my translation of chapter 5, and even made a first draft of the scanslation)
okay, thanks, I think I can wait until I become desperate and can't wait anymore
Old 2007-05-23, 16:44   Link #311
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:

What d'you mean "sorry"? You have nothing to be sorry about. More like Thank you for taking the time to do this
Old 2007-05-28, 08:15   Link #312
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Just a trivial question after going through the posts here since my last post: I remember Starting Stars Phase 01 being the last chapter to be scanlated, am I missing anything new? Since there's no indication of any new scanlations being released, apart from KempoCatholic's current attempt.

http://www.mangaupdates.com/search.html
Old 2007-05-28, 11:44   Link #313
Thisguy
Negikamo

About Raising Heart's stressing/draining issue

Now that it has been mentioned again in Episode Discussion thread, I guess I should stop being lazy and actually do what I supposed to do a month ago.

As I don't have connection to community of scanlators/subbers myself, I suppose I start from this place, knowing that there're several other people with Japanese literacy.
These who can read transcript, please put your opinion or comment on it's accuracy. (All of them are spoiler-tagged for largeness)
Spoiler for The 2 pages in question:
Spoiler for Transcript from original book:
Spoiler for My translation, partly using lines from scanlation for where it doesn't matter:
"Pressure Mode".
I think I ought to repeat it once again.

It does NOT say RH is "draining" straight-forward, rather it's wording is more of RH is "overloading" Nanoha and she consumes her magic power "as result".
I think it's somewhat similer to driving an automatic car at 1 gear as opposed to D gear which you'd normally use, and you'll use up more fuel than it supposed to be.

"Training Gypsum" line has been completely dropped, making it's impression lather different.
"(Whatever) 養成ギプス" has been a popular terminology in Japanese manga history since first used in Kyojin-no-Hoshi.
For these who do not know, "Major League Ball Training Gypsum" that appeared in Kyojin-no-Hoshi was a bundle of springs and bands that covers a person's upper-half, effectively counteracting whatever action the weilder choose to take.
It was quite stressful and even harmful to these who without proper base toughness, but it's purely intended for training and it did work - the protagonist Hyuuma achieved the fastball that unsurpassed by other.

Quote:
通学や体育の時間などは たいていこの状態です
She is usually in this state when she is on her way to school, in Gym classes or etc.
This line explicitly says that "the effect is not always/permanent", and can be turned on/off at will.
If "RH's draining" was a passive and permanent effect, it wouldn't say only "通学や体育の時間など (when she is on her way to school, in Gym classes or etc.)" nor "たいてい (usually)".

P.S-
If you have doubt in transcript being modified/altered, please say so.
I'll see what I can do with the book in my hand, and camera on my cell-phone.
Old 2007-05-28, 14:01   Link #314
Tenkaichi
Resign to your Fate...

Send a message via AIM to Tenkaichi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisguy View Post
Now that it has been mentioned again in Episode Discussion thread, I guess I should stop being lazy and actually do what I supposed to do a month ago.

Panel 6
Box: 通学や体育の時間などは たいていこの状態です[/spoiler]
Spoiler for My translation, partly using lines from scanlation for where it doesn't matter:
I don't really have a comment on the drainage itself nor your translation - the automatic gears analogy helps me, thanks - I just thought that since Nanoha has a quote, "It was a bit uncomfortable at first, but now it's not a problem" that in the previous scanlator's translation that is why they thought it was Yuuno's dialogue? That would make some sense.

Thank you for the additional translation... especially the "Training Gypsum" addition.

Courtesy of Ultima_Rasengan05
Old 2007-05-30, 00:08   Link #315
Icarus
shmupmonkey

Quote:
Yeah i saw that too in amazon, 188 pages to be exact.It is most probably just the compilation of all 7 chapter according to that 1 guy preview and mangaoh club.The number of pages is about right, each chapter around 24-26 pages long.
They might be adding some author stuff in there.At least it is not as thin and expensive as A's
Anyone know where to pick up this newly released Strikers The Comics Vol 1? Unsure if Amazon.co.jp will ship to the UK, can't find any resellers for this volume at present, and don't fancy trawling Yahoo Auctions Japan at the moment.

Help is appreciated.
Old 2007-05-30, 02:10   Link #316
raidou
Confused person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
Anyone know where to pick up this newly released Strikers The Comics Vol 1? Unsure if Amazon.co.jp will ship to the UK, can't find any resellers for this volume at present, and don't fancy trawling Yahoo Auctions Japan at the moment.

Help is appreciated.
You are talking about this right?http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E9%AD%94%E6...0508837&sr=8-1
Lightl asked this question a few post above yours ..from what i heard Amazon.jp ship internationally now.Never bought from em myself eversince I moved to USA, don't really like em ^^.

You could find em listed in http://www.mangaoh.co.jp/php/data_pr...rd_code=144880 (high shipping price)
or
Ask nippon-export to get one from you (extra charge and slow shipping)
Old 2007-05-30, 05:12   Link #317
Icarus
shmupmonkey

Quote:
You are talking about this right?http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E9%AD%94%E6...0508837&sr=8-1
Lightl asked this question a few post above yours ..from what i heard Amazon.jp ship internationally now.Never bought from em myself eversince I moved to USA, don't really like em ^^.
Hmmm, yeah, they do ship internationally, just a select few items are unavailable. Just put in an order for one, expected to ship tomorrow via International Express. Sweeeeeeeet. Thanks. ^_^
Be nice to finally have a hardcopy of the StrikerS manga.
Old 2007-05-30, 13:59   Link #318
lightl

Quote:

You could find em listed in http://www.mangaoh.co.jp/php/data_pr...rd_code=144880 (high shipping price)
or
Ask nippon-export to get one from you (extra charge and slow shipping)
actually order from mangaoh it was not that bad for ems here the total I got can tranlate for me think it was this
【今回のご請求金額合計】2,604円
though I orderd 2 by accdient anyone intersed in a copy in a copy PM me, hope this was rigth place,
note for EMS its sorta expansive to send to UK
Old 2007-06-01, 20:52   Link #319
lightl

oh got the comic today they have a post card which is the same image as teh jacket that coem with it 3 color pages with some images on it, between between episode 3 and 4 ther a 2 pag thing called interlude guess talk about airport fire, 4 pages of sketches at end of book and a picture fried, or what ever his name is and some kanji I cant make out, and decding what to do with second copy of book I accdently order lol
Old 2007-06-02, 10:04   Link #320
ichibaka
NSFW leecher

how much was the total per book (price + tax and shipping)?

2) "Is this really Mahou Shoujo?" "No, its Ma(Demon) Hou(Cannon) Shoujo(Girl)"
Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, manga, nanoha, seinen