AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-11-08, 08:37   Link #21
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Yep, timing. I find it that timing is essentially difficult in Tekken (at least for me) I almost never escaped throws, lol. XD

I see... I also heard about that stamina before. So, the simultaneous 2 characters combo is a new feature then. For example that Paul + Law wall combo. How could we execute Paul's d/f,1,1,2 with Law's d/b+4,4 at the same time? so I thought that it could be done with a compatible pairing, or similar like special tag assist in the previous game. So far, the odd pairing is only Kazuya + Leo, though

The storyline would probably non-canon too. Since some characters will appear at their young age, including Heihachi. Kazuya's face looks younger to me too, but I'm not really sure since he still has those scars.
Old 2010-11-08, 09:52   Link #22
Westlo
Lets be reality

The most important thing they have to do is not wait over a year to release the game on consoles after it hits the arcades... that long wait killed Tekken 6... turned Tekken from the premier console fighting game into a bargain bin stuffer.

It will be ridiculous if Street Fighter X Tekken comes out on consoles before this...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 09:54   Link #23
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Same here for the timing, rarely do I get out also from King's throws and some special throws.

Probably it's auto AI of the character since you're the one whose gonna control the one that is tagged in, or probably simultaneously which we dunno yet. XD Also is it's possible to have a 2 on 2?

Iam just shocked they went for Kazuya and Leo pairing as Tag Team partners, Leo's storyline she(Yes she's a flat chested girl) was investigating Kazuya for the link of the death of her mother. Well anyways as said these are non canon endings so they might have gone for this. Leo is working secretly with Kazuya first to know the real score if he's the murderer.

Paul story is equal to "POOR" as in broke. Officially stated by Harada. So he's there for the money and fame. Yes I follow Paul he's my fav in Tekken.

Here's a blog site of TTT2
http://sdtekken.com/2010/11/07/tekke...-2-test-video/

I think they'll go for the boss of a young Heihachi here since the old version of Heihachi VA is dead (RIP), they might try out a new voice actor for him. Also canon Heihachi and Lars do not have the Devil Gene. Only Kazuya and Jin has it.

EDIT:

Speaking of SF x Tekken as said by Harada in the interview Ono wanted it to be first to be seen. probably for hype.
Old 2010-11-08, 18:11   Link #24
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
The most important thing they have to do is not wait over a year to release the game on consoles after it hits the arcades... that long wait killed Tekken 6... turned Tekken from the premier console fighting game into a bargain bin stuffer.
I doubt it... ^^; I think they would release it first on the arcades, and then takes players' feedbacks which will result in a revision (like Tekken 5 DR & Tekken 6 BR). It may take a long time, but I'd rather have a disc like Tekken 6 (equal to the revision +extras) than a Tekken 5 (equal to the regular version). It would be good if they can solve it through a patch, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Probably it's auto AI of the character since you're the one whose gonna control the one that is tagged in, or probably simultaneously which we dunno yet. XD Also is it's possible to have a 2 on 2?

Iam just shocked they went for Kazuya and Leo pairing as Tag Team partners, Leo's storyline she(Yes she's a flat chested girl) was investigating Kazuya for the link of the death of her mother. Well anyways as said these are non canon endings so they might have gone for this. Leo is working secretly with Kazuya first to know the real score if he's the murderer.

Paul story is equal to "POOR" as in broke. Officially stated by Harada. So he's there for the money and fame. Yes I follow Paul he's my fav in Tekken.

I think they'll go for the boss of a young Heihachi here since the old version of Heihachi VA is dead (RIP), they might try out a new voice actor for him. Also canon Heihachi and Lars do not have the Devil Gene. Only Kazuya and Jin has it.
Ah.. that's it. Probably an Auto AI or preset combos. I also think about the possibility of 2 on 2 controlled by 4 players XD Lol, that would be a total disaster XD I hope we can customize the tag button into the L3 button since I'm using all the shoulder buttons for shortcuts ^^;

Well... Leo "was" a girl. IIRC, it's the unclear gender that made Leo popular, so Leo was decided to have an unclear gender. There are some hints that shows Leo might be a boy from the customization (no woman hairstyle, and the sledgehammer item customization which is for male characters, etc.), and there's a hidden move where we could pull a string of headbutts with Heihachi that only applies to male characters yet Leo is included And in the Tekken Comic, it is clearly stated that Leo is a boy, but this comic isn't canon.

The only connection between Leo and Kazuya I found is that they're related to G corp.

There are mainly 3 type of endings in Tekken: serious, joke, or unclear. Paul's got into the joke type XD

I see... yeah, I almost forgot about the voice actor.
Old 2010-11-09, 08:49   Link #25
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
I doubt it... ^^; I think they would release it first on the arcades, and then takes players' feedbacks which will result in a revision (like Tekken 5 DR & Tekken 6 BR). It may take a long time, but I'd rather have a disc like Tekken 6 (equal to the revision +extras) than a Tekken 5 (equal to the regular version). It would be good if they can solve it through a patch, though..
Blazblue CS is getting updated to Blazblue CS 2 via DLC, same thing is going to happen with Super Street Fighter IV to Super Street Fighter IV AE. More than likely Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (no arcade release but new characters updated via DLC) will follow that route.. Tekken Tag 2 needs to do the same..
Old 2010-11-09, 20:48   Link #26
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Blazblue CS is getting updated to Blazblue CS 2 via DLC, same thing is going to happen with Super Street Fighter IV to Super Street Fighter IV AE. More than likely Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (no arcade release but new characters updated via DLC) will follow that route.. Tekken Tag 2 needs to do the same..
That would be good, then. I'm not really a big fan of DLC, though ^^; I have slow connection.

And after I look at TTT2 videos again... I think it's kinda possible to control both characters simultaneously.
For example, that Paul + Law wall combo. After Paul did d/f, 1+2 on Jin, which resulted in a bound, there's a slight pause in which Law came in and did his d/b,4,4 and Paul continued with his d/f,1,1,2.

I think here's how to execute it:
Paul: d/f, 1+2 (B!) then TAG Law, do d/b 4,4 immediately, and then TAG Paul again and do d/f,1,1,2.

So basically, after we tag the second character, we can input his/her command quickly and then tag again to control our first character.

Just my assumption, though. but if that's true then we only need a compatible pairing for tag assist throws.
Old 2010-12-24, 05:31   Link #27
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Young Heihachi and a possibly new character:
Old 2010-12-24, 05:38   Link #28
Westlo
Lets be reality

I really like how they have the tag team interact after a win, Jin ignoring the fawning Asuka, Heihachi and Kazuya just walking into each other since neither wants to give way, nice stuff.. little touches like that can go a long way.. can't wait to see Lily and Asuka's...
Old 2010-12-25, 09:29   Link #29
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I really like how they have the tag team interact after a win, Jin ignoring the fawning Asuka, Heihachi and Kazuya just walking into each other since neither wants to give way, nice stuff.. little touches like that can go a long way.. can't wait to see Lily and Asuka's...
Yup. So far, things are looking good. Lol @ Heihachi's mustache XD Miguel got a new outfi, a new female character who seems to be a wrestler type, and we also got another unusual pairing of Lili and Xiaoyu. I wonder what connects them...
Oh, and the stages are also looking nice too
Old 2010-12-25, 09:45   Link #30
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
and we also got another unusual pairing of Lili and Xiaoyu. I wonder what connects them...
Seeing as they're my two favorite characters, I am pleased. Though other than (at one time for Xiaoyu) being the youngest in the cast... and being schoolgirls... and being "cutesy" in their own ways... there's not really much that connects them, except for maybe a couple of the endings in Tekken 6.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 10:11   Link #31
Westlo
Lets be reality

I wouldn't be surprised if their after the Jin/Asuka team for obvious reasons lol....

Anyway the guys on neogaf seem to think the new wrestler is Julia. People were thinking Christie originally so they can separate her and Eddie's movetsets but Julia works considering Michelle is going to be in this too probably.. problem is when T7 comes out Michelle won't be in that meaning her current style won't be in it...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=186
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=192

Since they seem to be doing this for Julia I would hope they revamp Christie somewhat, not in design but moveset.
Old 2010-12-25, 10:34   Link #32
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if their after the Jin/Asuka team for obvious reasons lol....

Anyway the guys on neogaf seem to think the new wrestler is Julia. People were thinking Christie originally so they can separate her and Eddie's movetsets but Julia works considering Michelle is going to be in this too probably.. problem is when T7 comes out Michelle won't be in that meaning her current style won't be in it...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=186
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=192

Since they seem to be doing this for Julia I would hope they revamp Christie somewhat, not in design but moveset.
Wow, never noticed that before. It might make sense too, I think. Julia is quite muscular, had some wrestling moves, and also a friend of King, so it would be possible that she would have a connection with Armor King too.

Yeah, I also hope they would differentiate Eddy and Christie or get them back into one slot again, lol
Old 2011-01-13, 04:58   Link #33
Westlo
Lets be reality

The "new" girls name is JC, I wonder who she could be @_@

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/201...tag_character/

lol @ heihachi finding the fountain of youth.
Old 2011-01-13, 08:33   Link #34
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
The "new" girls name is JC, I wonder who she could be @_@

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/201...tag_character/

lol @ heihachi finding the fountain of youth.
While there's no 100% guarantee, I think the "J.C" initial refers to that speculation in the post above
Old 2011-01-13, 09:11   Link #35
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Wow, never noticed that before. It might make sense too, I think. Julia is quite muscular, had some wrestling moves, and also a friend of King, so it would be possible that she would have a connection with Armor King too.

Yeah, I also hope they would differentiate Eddy and Christie or get them back into one slot again, lol
and it would explain how Julia knows King and Marduk
theoretically though, since I don't know if that scene on Tekken5 was canon or non-canon

and I agree
if Christie and Eddy are on different slots
why not for Kuma and Panda?

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-19, 02:57   Link #36
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

New TTT2 Images

Wow, Jinpachi is playable XD and looking at the tag-throw system, there are screenshots which feature Jin and Law pairing. Good thing IMO, so even if the pairing is unusual, we could still get a tag-throw.
Old 2011-01-19, 05:17   Link #37
Westlo
Lets be reality

I'm sure there will mostly be universal tag throws for characters and than when they team with certain people due to history and/or fighting styles you'll see some unique tag throws.
Old 2011-02-18, 00:42   Link #38
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Newest Trailer from Harada:

Jun is there! yay! XD

Last edited by Ryonea; 2011-02-18 at 01:40.
Ryonea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 01:54   Link #39
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
Thanks for the update Ryonea, just hoping it doesn't have input lag as T6.
Input lag? you mean in online play or what?

The stage gimmicks look nice So, the tag partner could continue a juggle after a wall broke. I'm curious on how they compensate for the extra damaging ability such as this.
Old 2011-02-18, 08:08   Link #40
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Jun sure looks different.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fighting game