AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Old 2011-02-11, 21:30   Link #61
John117xCortana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Langrisser View Post
I just completed the Omake route of Academy Mode, at the end you have two missions on board the YF-25. But before that, the Civilian route was boring, since Academy Mode follows the events of Macross Frontier, you end up in a shelter instead of fighting the Vajra because you don't join the Spacy or S.M.S.
The particularity of the Omake Mode is that your character hijacked in some ways the plans Grace, so there's no fight with the Vajra, and a certain skirt chaser avoid his untimely death.
Mikhail lives ?
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 06:56   Link #62
Der Langrisser
Valkyrie pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodearth View Post
Tell us more about the bonus disc. Is it the making-of for the movie? Behind-the-scenes stuff like interviews with various staff and actual footage of animators at work?
I don't speak Japanese, so it's motsly guess about what they're talking.

You have Aya Endo and Megumi doing some of the voiced events in Academy Mode, and discussing vairous things about the series, some interviews with "Troll-fu Master" Kawamori and some of the VAs (I think one was during the premiere of the first Frontier movie, some animated funny skits.

And you have the full video clip of the main theme of the game, with plenty of Valkyries.
Der Langrisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 06:59   Link #63
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Can we please stop with the "Kawamori is a troll" thing? It was old by the end of 2008 and it's not getting any fresher.
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 07:06   Link #64
magnuskn

Well, I'll stop if he manages to get over himself and give us a proper ending to at least the movies.
Old 2011-02-12, 07:42   Link #65
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Well, I'll stop if he manages to get over himself and give us a proper ending to at least the movies.
"Get over himself"? Where did THAT come from?

And if he had promised a resolution to the triangle in episode 25 and then didn't deliver, then that, it could be argued, would be a troll. But he didn't.

Moreover, he didn't write the episode in question, and was initially opposed to the idea of leaving the triangle open, going along with it only because Yoshino insisted.

And he DID give us a "proper" ending. It may not be the ending you expected, and it may not be an ending you like, but it's still an ending.

Simple question: why do you feel like he owes you what you would term a "proper ending"?
Old 2011-02-12, 08:45   Link #66
erfine
hugs@Ranka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Can we please stop with the "Kawamori is a troll" thing? It was old by the end of 2008 and it's not getting any fresher.
Why aren't we allowed to call Kawamori a troll anymore, Yotty? Last I checked most people used it as a term of endearment starting from the time of the pineapple trickery.

Take it easy.
erfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 09:00   Link #67
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfine View Post
Why aren't we allowed to call Kawamori a troll anymore, Yotty? Last I checked most people used it as a term of endearment starting from the time of the pineapple trickery.

Take it easy.
If you can show me a Frontier episode Kawamori wrote that was a troll, I'll gladly change my mind.

Besides... Everyone knows that Anno is the official troll anime director.
Old 2011-02-12, 12:21   Link #68
moncikoma

A troll or not,let's just hope nothing bad will happen to sheryl, and nothing good ever happen to ranka...LOL

.. We will judge him later after we watched the last movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Langrisser View Post
You can date Sheryl, Ranka, Nanase, Klan-Klan, the three original female pilots and the three original operators from the two previous game.
And if you use a female character, you can then date Alto, Michel, Luca, the three original male pilots and the original male operator.

And if you want to have Sheryl as the vendor at the Nyan-Nyan shop, don't forget to hold Triangle when you go, as it was in MUF.
Male operator? ... Never knew there was one ...
No cathy?! T T, too bad because she's the 2nd hottest girl in MF...bandai namco should
Think about it next time...

Or maybe she will be available on the next installment (sayonara no tsubasa ver)

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-02-12 at 13:23. Reason: Don't double post, use the EDIT button instead...
moncikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 14:42   Link #69
Der Langrisser
Valkyrie pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncikoma View Post
Male operator? ... Never knew there was one ...
No cathy?! T T, too bad because she's the 2nd hottest girl in MF...bandai namco should
Think about it next time...

Or maybe she will be available on the next installment (sayonara no tsubasa ver)
The male operator is here since the first game, Macross Ace Frontier.
Even if Cathy isn't datable, at least she's one of the new operator for Campaign Mode (with Exedol), personally, I'll still stick with Misa.
Der Langrisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 14:59   Link #70
erfine
hugs@Ranka

Quote:
If you can show me a Frontier episode Kawamori wrote that was a troll, I'll gladly change my mind.
Episode 17. That entire episode was bait for fans of the original.
Old 2011-02-12, 17:48   Link #71
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfine View Post
Episode 17. That entire episode was bait for fans of the original.
Written by Hiroyuki Yoshino, not by Kawamori. Try again?
Old 2011-02-12, 17:50   Link #72
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Dude, it doesn't even matter, Kawamori is the director, he has the final say regardless, and he decided to troll. Period.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 18:03   Link #73
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Dude, it doesn't even matter, Kawamori is the director, he has the final say regardless, and he decided to troll. Period.

- Tak
He was the CHIEF director...I'm pretty convinced that while a lot of general ideas for the story were his (like "Let's have the theme of the story be communication problems") but that most of the actual plot was suggested by Yoshino and Kikuchi (who was the day-to-day director of the show).

And again, Yoshino came up with the unresolved ending. Kawamori was opposed to it, but let him go ahead with it. And that's IF you think the ending was a troll, which I don't.
Old 2011-02-12, 18:28   Link #74
Tak

Quote:
And again, Yoshino came up with the unresolved ending. Kawamori was opposed to it, but let him go ahead with it. And that's IF you think the ending was a troll, which I don't.
Yeah, are you getting me? He was chief director, and therefore has final say on the matter. The ending became what it was because it was his decision to let him go ahead.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2011-02-12, 18:35   Link #75
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Yeah, are you getting me? He was chief director, and therefore has final say on the matter. The ending became what it was because it was his decision to let him go ahead.

- Tak
So everyone calls Kawamori a troll for letting it happen, but no one ever calls Yoshino a troll for coming up with the idea and writing the episode. What kind of sense does that make?

It's like when people who dislike Macross 7 blame Kawamori for it, despite the fact that he had nothing to do with the production of the show.
Old 2011-02-12, 19:55   Link #76
magnuskn

Quote:
"Get over himself"? Where did THAT come from?

And if he had promised a resolution to the triangle in episode 25 and then didn't deliver, then that, it could be argued, would be a troll. But he didn't.

Moreover, he didn't write the episode in question, and was initially opposed to the idea of leaving the triangle open, going along with it only because Yoshino insisted.

And he DID give us a "proper" ending. It may not be the ending you expected, and it may not be an ending you like, but it's still an ending.

Simple question: why do you feel like he owes you what you would term a "proper ending"?
A good romance series ends conclusively. The Frontier non-ending was a total cop-out.

Yeah, I feel an author owes the audience to bring his story to its logical conclusion, instead of trying ( unsuccessfully ) to even the scales at the end by just... ending the show. You know one good ending for a romance? The original Macross. But, hey, apparently that was too much to ask.

And, sorry, but Kawamori makes the ultimate decisions what gets into the show, not Yoshino. Passing the buck doesn't work here.

Quote:
So everyone calls Kawamori a troll for letting it happen, but no one ever calls Yoshino a troll for coming up with the idea and writing the episode. What kind of sense does that make?
Hey, you know what happens if you have ultimate decision authority? People look to you to lead, not let one writer run away with the plot of your show. He let it go ahead, he is responsible for it. And it's our damn right to point that out, whenever we like.
Old 2011-02-12, 20:38   Link #77
Tak

Quote:

It's like when people who dislike Macross 7 blame Kawamori for it, despite the fact that he had nothing to do with the production of the show.
I love you Yot, but I loath this general attitude. This is like saying hey, drugs are destroying me, even if it was my own decision to be on crack! But no, its drug's fault for existing!

Urm, no. How about man-up and assume some responsibility?

- Tak

Old 2011-02-13, 00:00   Link #78
erfine
hugs@Ranka

Quote:
Written by Hiroyuki Yoshino, not by Kawamori. Try again?
Kawamori is the face of the franchise. You may as well argue that Kawamori didn't actually "write" an episode of Frontier, because everything was put together from suggestions by generic storywriters X Y and Z.

I don't think the "troll" nickname was meant as an insult, so it's probably not worth thoughtpolicing us over, and it's probably not worth derailing this thread over, either. Mind if we get back to discussing the game?

Last edited by erfine; 2011-02-13 at 00:13.
Old 2011-02-13, 14:54   Link #79
moncikoma

I think kawamori make a smart decision, by permiting that unsolved ending for the tv series.
Because if the it is solved already, the movie won't be interesting anymore...

It is very troll in a good way!
moncikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 15:16   Link #80
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Wow, some people are yet again sleeping with their underwear a little too tight, around here, eh? Loosen up, guys. Not really worth it to debate whether someone is a troll or not, when it's obviously a matter of perception.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote