AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-09-20, 18:02   Link #3481
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
It only implies they used the crucible it doesn't say how they used the though, we already know the crucibles design changed from cycle to cycle so who's to say they didn't finally perfect it to kill the reapers?
You seem to be missing the point.

The Crucible is a TRAP. The entire ME3 is a waste of time because the Reapers want you to build it. That's why they know it existed but did nothing.

Use Crucible = Reaper wins. This is what happens when you build something with no idea what it was actually for. It is the ultimate weapon for the Star Child, and the only way to be victorious is to destroy it.
Old 2012-09-20, 18:05   Link #3482
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post

The Crucible is a TRAP. The entire ME3 is a waste of time because the Reapers want you to build it. That's why they know it existed but did nothing.

Use Crucible = Reaper wins. This is what happens when you build something with no idea what it was actually for. It is the ultimate weapon for the Star Child, and the only way to be victorious is to destroy it.
Yeah, really they should have figured anything left by the 'Protheans' probably wouldn't help them. Already knew the entire transportation system was because of them, no reason to think differently about this secret weapon. Should have just scrapped that idea and used the resources to build bigger guns!
Old 2012-09-20, 18:23   Link #3483
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:

You know I don't understand why they couldn't just go with the story that the Reapers were just an ancient race that wanted to transcend death and become immortal. Along the way they got screwed up and are now really just harvesting every 50,000 years as a means of "reproduction"

In other words it's not about some damn skynet scheme or anything like that.

Otherwise, what was the whole point of Legion and the background to the Geth? ME2 literally made you sympathetic to their cause and that they really weren't bad.

Oh no, Star brat comes in and says that no matter what you do, synthetics will always destroy organics...which means you should just choose the Quarians and let the Geth die.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 18:44   Link #3484
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah, really they should have figured anything left by the 'Protheans' probably wouldn't help them. Already knew the entire transportation system was because of them, no reason to think differently about this secret weapon. Should have just scrapped that idea and used the resources to build bigger guns!
Would've been easier to just build a bunch of MAC cannons based off of the giant mass driver that took out the Derelict Reaper. Would've been fairly effective, though Earth might've ended up with a few new canyons.
Old 2012-09-20, 18:57   Link #3485
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Shepard: What do you know about the crucible?

Starchild: The device you refer to as the crucible is little more than a power source. However in combination with the Citadel and the relays it is capable of releasing tremendous amounts of energy throughout the galaxy. It is crude, but effective and adaptive in its design.

Shepard: Who designed it?

Starchild: You would not know them and there is not enough time to explain. We first noted the concept for this device several cycles ago. With each passing cycle the design has no doubt evolved.

Shepard: Why did you not stop it?

Starchild: We believed the concept had been eradicated. Clearly organics are more resourceful than we realized.

As above the crucible wasn't designed by the reapers and the starchild notes its adaptive design, starchild wanted to eradicate the concept and besides he didn't know what it would do when coupled with the citadel until it actually happened which again is stated in the dialog so ultimately they didn't want it to be built in the first place. Their goal was to simply continue the cycles.

How could it be some far fetched reaper trap if the starchild didn't want it built or didn't even know what it did.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 19:20   Link #3486
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Because the Catalyst may in fact be lying out his asshole?
Old 2012-09-20, 19:33   Link #3487
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

MAY being the key word you don't know that because its just an assumption, if he where lying then from a story telling standpoint there would need to be something blatantly obvious in the delivery or stated somewhere in the game to convey that to the player but there isn't.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 18:17   Link #3488
ScorchingFlames
Jack of Blades

Mass Effect trilogy has been announced you can look at the link.

http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2012/09/...announced.html

I am kinda surprised that we are going to this really soon, especially when you take in consideration that Mass Effect 3 was released just this year. My only guess is that this is supposes to be the 5 year anniversary of Mass Effect, since the 1st game came out Nov. 20, 2007. The thing is that the release date for the trilogy is on Nov. 6, which does not make sense when you take into consideration that Halo 4 comes out that day.
Maybe they don't care how many trilogy games they sell.
ScorchingFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 18:22   Link #3489
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'm more surprised they're bothering to release a trilogy compilation at all, given how everyone started to hate Bioware and Mass Effect 3 because of the ending controversy.
Old 2012-09-26, 18:31   Link #3490
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I'm more surprised they're bothering to release a trilogy compilation at all, given how everyone started to hate Bioware and Mass Effect 3 because of the ending controversy.
Worse is that it would be really blatant how bad ME3 is when played back to back with the originals. Those who give ME3 the highest scores are those who never played the originals.
Old 2012-09-26, 18:49   Link #3491
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Worse is that it would be really blatant how bad ME3 is when played back to back with the originals. Those who give ME3 the highest scores are those who never played the originals.
Yeah, that's quite the assumption.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 19:21   Link #3492
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Yeah, that's quite the assumption.
Not saying you can't be a fan. But I am talking about reviewers. In general the people who have never played ME1 and 2 have no idea what all the hate is coming from. In fact it is impossible to hate the ME3 ending unless you actually have an expectation of closure from the trilogy as a whole.
Old 2012-09-26, 21:43   Link #3493
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm not surprised by this. Considering how this all turned out trying to drain every last penny out of Mass Effect makes sense. At least some that buy it will end up buying one of the games for a second time which works out well for Bioware and EA. Also gives them a larger base to work with whenever they release the next Mass Effect game that will continue milking this cash cow.
Old 2012-09-27, 04:51   Link #3494
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
The Leviathan DLC actually explains a lot about why the Reapers act as they do. It does kind of reduce their Cosmic Horror status quite a bit, but it makes more sense than blue god kid's stupid explanation.
Old 2012-09-27, 09:50   Link #3495
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Well, I'm going to buy the trilogy for PS3 (I only own the series for 360). I hope they improve the first games graphics a little for the re-release, but even if they do not I will gladly replay the game on the PS3...admittedly, I will not be buying the title for quite a while (there are too many sequels as is that I need to get through before I even think about replaying Mass Effect).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 13:04   Link #3496
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

PS3 players will consider buying this for ME1 alone. Given how my 360 finally kicked the bucket two months ago, I'm considering buying the PS3 versions myself as well.

I wonder if this comes with the mission DLC's. Not the extras like guns, but just the missions. That'd be a cool gift.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 15:54   Link #3497
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
The Leviathan DLC actually explains a lot about why the Reapers act as they do. It does kind of reduce their Cosmic Horror status quite a bit, but it makes more sense than blue god kid's stupid explanation.
I've yet to play Leviathan DLC but... What is the point of introducing a race before reapers? Could Bioware be trying to setup a story to make a prequel game of ME1?
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 16:04   Link #3498
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
I've yet to play Leviathan DLC but... What is the point of introducing a race before reapers? Could Bioware be trying to setup a story to make a prequel game of ME1?
Since the species undoubtedly survives whatever ending you choose (I wonder if the Leviathans are affected by the Synthesis ending?), they could be a setup for a sequel...not that they are particularly interesting enough for a sequel.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 05:23   Link #3499
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorchingFlames View Post
Mass Effect trilogy has been announced you can look at the link.

Mass Effect Trilogy Set Announced For Both PS3 and Xbox 360
Does this mean the version of Mass Effect 1 included in the trilogy set will NOT have trophy support etc?

If so, I'm gonna be pissed, since I don't have internet access for my PS3, which means I can't buy the standalone version from PSN.
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 08:21   Link #3500
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Why wouldn't it? Isn't it mandatory for every new PS3 game?

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
effect, games, mass