AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2007-12-10, 07:01   Link #1641
Suuyin
iluvshotanfuta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
I'd still like to know the character designer for Aquanauts if anyone knows. And the one for Kamipani and Aki no Urarano.
For original character designs it's under 原画 (third row on the Aquanauts page). So Aquanauts' character designs would be done by both 闇野ケンジ and 水月悠.
Suuyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 07:09   Link #1642
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Bah, I was wrong. Haruna-sempai and Mio-sama doesn't share the same seiyuu. But they sure sound the same in certain lines. ;__;

On a sidenote, looks like Yuzusoft's coming out with a third game this 2008. I can't wait for it! ...Okay, maybe I can, and I should.
Old 2007-12-10, 07:25   Link #1643
Sakura_Kinomoto
Kaede/Ama Fan boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
Bah, I was wrong. Haruna-sempai and Mio-sama doesn't share the same seiyuu. But they sure sound the same in certain lines. ;__;

On a sidenote, looks like Yuzusoft's coming out with a third game this 2008. I can't wait for it! ...Okay, maybe I can, and I should.
know the name of the game by any chance? or any other info?
Sakura_Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 07:30   Link #1644
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

It's up here if you're interested in checking it out.

They've still got the moelicious character designs down pat, though I think the style has been refined a little. Looks like it's about a love story in summer.

...Oh man, I'll be waiting for this one for a long time. ;__;
Old 2007-12-10, 07:34   Link #1645
Sakura_Kinomoto
Kaede/Ama Fan boy

Quote:
It's up here if you're interested in checking it out.

They've still got the moelicious character designs down pat, though I think the style has been refined a little. Looks like it's about a love story in summer.

...Oh man, I'll be waiting for this one for a long time. ;__;
ahhh thanks ill be checking this one out very nice character designs if you ask me
Old 2007-12-10, 07:36   Link #1646
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Yuzusoft's always had nice character designs, IMO. It's simple, yet so elegant.

So...moe.
Old 2007-12-10, 07:41   Link #1647
Sakura_Kinomoto
Kaede/Ama Fan boy

perfect choice of words ^^ im currently doing some fan art of some of them
Old 2007-12-10, 09:11   Link #1648
p997tt
= Porsche 997 Twin Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by musashiken View Post
Eh, I don't want to be technical here... but at least try to differentiate between Visual Novels (VN) and Adventure Games (ADV).

Games like Symphonic Rain are not VNs, especially when they involve parts that actually are playable (eg. the parts where you play music). And it's not even an erogame.

And you had to remind me of Symphonic Rain. The singer/songer writer for the game was Okazaki Ritsuko. I love her music so much. But she had to pass away 3 years ago... May she rest in peace... while I yearn for her lost music...
But if you go here http://erogamescape.dyndns.org/~ap2/....php?game=6087 (not work safe), scroll down to where it says 属性, VN(ビジュアルノベル) is listed there? I know SR is definitely not an erogame though.

Oh well, my Japanese friend usually just calls these games as novel games so I just followed him.
p997tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 12:55   Link #1649
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Well, to me, it doesn't really matter that much. You say tomato, I say tom...

...Never mind.

Hopefully Yuzusoft's 2008 release will be as great as Braban! and Exe have been. Can't wait to see what they have in store for us! Argh, this early and I'm already giddy about it...x_x
Old 2007-12-10, 14:50   Link #1650
Dxon
Inactive Member

*gets in conversation*
Hey!
I'm just going to say something ontopic.
My best ero-game... :hm:
I guess its schooldays. Funny thing is they also made a anime serie out of School Days. But then with the ero. :P Its still ecchi though.
*Looks at everyones ages*
Riiiight... Am I weird?
Dxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 16:26   Link #1651
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Quote:
Well, to me, it doesn't really matter that much. You say tomato, I say tom...

...Never mind.

Hopefully Yuzusoft's 2008 release will be as great as Braban! and Exe have been. Can't wait to see what they have in store for us! Argh, this early and I'm already giddy about it...x_x
It seems I'm not alone

I check the site everyday expecting to see the release date of the game
Old 2007-12-10, 17:46   Link #1652
relentlessflame

*Administrator

By the way, I moved the conversation about distinguishing between Visual Novels, Adventure Games, and the like to its own thread, so those of you who'd like to discuss it further can continue in there. It's my own fault for getting into it in this thread anyway.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 20:06   Link #1653
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Yuzusoft's always had nice character designs, IMO. It's simple, yet so elegant.

So...moe.
Getchu lists their artists as, "Murririn" and "Kobuichi". Odd pseudonyms, but not as odd as the one belonging to Aki no Urarano's artist, "Peko." Or the three people for Thirua Panic: "Full Moon", "<Something> Shoal Water" and "Fish". ("満月○、水瀬凛、魚" Hooray Google Translate, lol)

Draculius' artist is Narumi (or Naromi) Suzune, and one other person; but I think the first is the princinple designer and the second an assistant after looking further through Getchu. So unless that's a total pseudonym, score another for women doing h-game art, lol.
Old 2007-12-10, 22:31   Link #1654
Sakura_Kinomoto
Kaede/Ama Fan boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dxon View Post
*gets in conversation*
Hey!
I'm just going to say something ontopic.
My best ero-game... :hm:
I guess its schooldays. Funny thing is they also made a anime serie out of School Days. But then with the ero. :P Its still ecchi though.
*Looks at everyones ages*
Riiiight... Am I weird?
heheh hey dont worry your only one year younger than me and there nothing wrong with people our age playing these games
Old 2007-12-11, 06:54   Link #1655
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Getchu lists their artists as, "Murririn" and "Kobuichi". Odd pseudonyms, but not as odd as the one belonging to Aki no Urarano's artist, "Peko." Or the three people for Thirua Panic: "Full Moon", "<Something> Shoal Water" and "Fish". ("満月○、水瀬凛、魚" Hooray Google Translate, lol)

Draculius' artist is Narumi (or Naromi) Suzune, and one other person; but I think the first is the princinple designer and the second an assistant after looking further through Getchu. So unless that's a total pseudonym, score another for women doing h-game art, lol.
Hilarious pseudonyms there.

So they were Draculius' artists? Time to add more names to my artists-to-admire list.
Old 2007-12-11, 18:21   Link #1656
p997tt
= Porsche 997 Twin Turbo

I was wondering, is it recommended to go through Clannad first before playing Tomoyo After?

Since I can read Chinese, and the Chinese patch for TA is already out so I was thinking of getting the game. But if the story in TA is too confusing without finishing Clannad first then I won't bother with it for now.
p997tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 04:44   Link #1657
-Nyu-
Yozora

Yeah, Tomoyo After is a sequel to Clannad, so playing Clannad comes definitely first!
-Nyu- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 07:23   Link #1658
MeganeShounen
Huh?

This post probably warrants getting posted into the CLANNAD subforums, but it's probably a too small a post to be put in there...

I thought Tomoyo After was CLANNAD's sequel for Sakagami Tomoyo's ending AKA the Tomoyo's After Story, whereas the After Story that was in the CLANNAD game was Nagisa's...

Key fans and other kagikko around, feel free to correct me on that, if I'm mistaken.

--------------

Besides that... also, in regards to this season's selection of eroge-to-anime conversions (*coughDaCapoIIPrismArkcough*)... could I have everyone's opinion on what's the best one out there? In terms of faithfulness to the original work and of course, artstyle...
I'm especially interested in Shinova and relentless-sama's comments. :3

Maybe "ef -a tale of memories-" is one of those games/shows...
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 10:15   Link #1659
luckyovermind
hungry~

If you have done the tomoyo's ending in CLANNAD, then yeah just go ahead with the tomoyo after.
Old 2007-12-12, 13:32   Link #1660
relentlessflame

*Administrator

(I'm not sure if I should leave this here or put it in its own thread. On the one hand it's off-topic, but on the other hand, it's potentially relevant to those following this thread. I guess I'll think about it later...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
Besides that... also, in regards to this season's selection of eroge-to-anime conversions (*coughDaCapoIIPrismArkcough*)... could I have everyone's opinion on what's the best one out there? In terms of faithfulness to the original work and of course, artstyle...
I'm especially interested in Shinova and relentless-sama's comments. :3

Maybe "ef -a tale of memories-" is one of those games/shows...
As you said, there are really three eroge anime conversions this season: Prism Ark, D.C. II, and ef. Of the three, D.C. II is the only one where I've played the game already (I bought ef, but it's still in its box ). If I had to recommend only one anime to watch, it'd have to be ef, even though I can't personally vouch for the anime's faithfulness to the game (I've heard it diverges in some ways, but is pretty close in most, despite part of the plot actually being from the upcoming game release). I'll probably find out for myself in a bit when I finally get around to playing the game (hopefully in time for the arrival of the latter tale). In terms of the artstyle, I quite like it. The use of colour and the background imagery is often astounding, and the presentation is very unique.

In terms of D.C. II, I can advocate it only with a few caveats. The anime is surprisingly true to the game in many aspects, except for the fact that it's what I'd call a "remix". It is also only telling a small part of the game's story (no more than 1/3), and I would suggest isn't telling any of the best or even "critical" parts. They're overdeveloping certain characters and underdeveloping others -- I equate it to one playthough of the game. So, if this short 13-episode adaptation is all they make, I would definitely disapprove of the anime as a fan of the game. If, however, this is just part 1 of more to come (as was hinted by tororo, when he said he wanted to make the anime as long as possible), then I think what they're doing in this season will begin to make a lot more sense. We shall see... As for the art... it takes some getting used to, but it's growing on me. At times it feels merely serviceable (and there are a fair bit of shortcuts used), but in other scenes I find it looks really quite nice.

As for Prism Ark, I haven't played the game, but I think the near-universal consensus is that it isn't really following the game's plot at all. Most game players seem to be confused as to what they're doing and why, and it doesn't seem to be catching the interest of too many non-game players either. I need to watch more myself before I can make my own judgement of it.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel