AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 25 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 263 62.17%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 68 16.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 37 8.75%
7 out of 10 : Good 23 5.44%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 2.84%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 0.71%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.24%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.24%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.24%
1 out of 10 : Painful 14 3.31%
Voters: 423. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-29, 21:08   Link #501
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Pretty much exactly my thoughts.
I third this. It's getting overanalyzed. The characters didn't take it seriously, I don't think Ryuuji was seriously hurt either.
Old 2009-03-29, 21:49   Link #502
SageGaiGar
You are Next

She was just nervous about him blurting it out in 'that setting'. Truly clumsy in love
Old 2009-03-30, 01:40   Link #503
Man0warr

What was the piece of paper on the table in the epilogue when Yasuko and Inko-chan were talking?
Old 2009-03-30, 02:16   Link #504
Keio
Serious Business

Someone said that it was a graduation notice.
Old 2009-03-30, 03:07   Link #505
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
I third this. It's getting overanalyzed. The characters didn't take it seriously, I don't think Ryuuji was seriously hurt either.
we've been over analyzing this series since i've been a member. every episode every major character interaction.

But you know what? Thats the reason why I enjoy this board. I think its really fun to dissect these things. There is always someone who will catch some subtle nuance that I didn't notice, and this series is full of them. Thats one reason I was attracted to this series. It really is pretty deep. JC staff did an excellent job taking 10 novels worth of this stuff and picking out some real gems.

YMMV, Just MHO, Batteries not included.
Old 2009-03-30, 06:58   Link #506
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

to me seiyuus is only a part of the character

its the detail and character creation and character developement and character appreciation that counts
Old 2009-03-30, 09:18   Link #507
Angelic
Feel the Beat

At first I was really upset and angry that it ended this way. How could it just end like that? a one year later out of nowhere, and nobody doing anything except "sending support" which I didn't think i was good enough. Then The fact that it ends with the ILU from ryuji and thats it, no what happened afterward to them or even a wedding scene.

Then I just realized I was mad because I wanted to know what happened afterward, and from my experience every time I watch a romance or any good anime, I always feel like that at the end. I needed to suck it up.

I watched it again and understood it more, and actually liked it.
Gave it an 8
Old 2009-03-30, 10:00   Link #508
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Yes, that's why the notion of comparison even comes up.... people see her in the credits and automatically make broad assumptions about the series content that really don't hold up.
Lol thank you, and I wonder how old the voice actor for Taiga is? I remember watching the voice actress for pikachu, pretty interesting .
Old 2009-03-30, 10:10   Link #509
Taken

Talking

When I started watching the anime, I thought this would be one of those loli meets boys anime (eg SnS, ZnT, HnG), loli abuse boy, loli and boy falls in love anime. But this really goes beyond the previous loli-type anime. You have very good character development of the characters: their strength, their flaws, their vulnerabilities, their joy and their pain. This goes beyond the main character Ryuji and Taiga.

Minori is one of the best character around, you can see her masks, her rashness, her pain, her strength, her friendship with Taiga. She is a character you like to love because you can relate her to in real life. Kitamura is very flesh out as well in his mini-arc with Sumire. He also wears masks but he is quirkiness and his crazy pursue of Sumire makes him lovable. Ami unfortunately didn't get much depth but nonetheless she has her rabid... err faithful fans

And this is how I enjoyed Toradora. If you don't like to dissect and overanalyze you will still get a good sappy love story. If you like to look into how the author and the animators puts in little bits of metaphors and parallels, you will love Toradora because unlike other anime, you get quite a bit of these here. So what I am trying to get is love/hate this series your way. Like what Minori said, "What is my happiness? Nobody can decide it other than myself!"
Old 2009-03-30, 10:39   Link #510
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
Lol thank you, and I wonder how old the voice actor for Taiga is? I remember watching the voice actress for pikachu, pretty interesting .
She's actually about 29.
Old 2009-03-30, 11:15   Link #511
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageGaiGar View Post
She's actually about 29.
also cute ^_^
Old 2009-03-30, 12:43   Link #512
Man0warr

Quote:
At first I was really upset and angry that it ended this way. How could it just end like that? a one year later out of nowhere, and nobody doing anything except "sending support" which I didn't think i was good enough. Then The fact that it ends with the ILU from ryuji and thats it, no what happened afterward to them or even a wedding scene.
Most romance anime end like that, Itazura na Kiss and Clannad ~After Story~ only ones I can thing of recently that go past the confession.
Old 2009-03-30, 12:44   Link #513
k'2

Send a message via MSN to k'2 Send a message via Yahoo to k'2
THIS IS SUCH A GREAT ANIME THAT WE GONNA MISS T_T

I was going to get mad at taiga's decision.... i really thought that she really left ryuji and i was like wtf.....

but in the end every thing came back and it was a happy ending

Old 2009-03-30, 13:41   Link #514
YoureMyHiro
The One Hit Wonder

Send a message via AIM to YoureMyHiro
I really enjoyed this Anime overall however like a few before me, I was a bit disappointed with the ending and not because it was unreasonable but because it was realistic. What? Upset with realism? A bit, but only because I believe a few of us indulge ourselves in these alternate realities hoping for a stereo-typical happy ending and when it appears realistic, its a bit disappointing.

However, when you learn to accept that, like I have, you appreciate the overall positive aspects of the Anime and try not to over analyze.

I was particularly moved by
Spoiler:
Old 2009-03-30, 14:18   Link #515
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taken View Post
Minori is one of the best character around, you can see her masks, her rashness, her pain, her strength, her friendship with Taiga. She is a character you like to love because you can relate her to in real life. Kitamura is very flesh out as well in his mini-arc with Sumire. He also wears masks but he is quirkiness and his crazy pursue of Sumire makes him lovable. Ami unfortunately didn't get much depth but nonetheless she has her rabid... err faithful fans
I'm not overly fond of Minori but I do feel somehow sad for her. Ryuuji and Taiga were apart for a year but their love held them together. Minori, on the other hand, lost both her best friend and the boy she liked in one stroke. I really hope she managed to find her happiness as she said she would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr View Post
Most romance anime end like that, Itazura na Kiss and Clannad ~After Story~ only ones I can thing of recently that go past the confession.
I haven't watched the anime or J-drama versions of Itazura na Kiss but the Taiwanese drama stank like rotting fish after the school life arc. Nodame Cantabile also got quite boring after it became clear that the feelings were mutual. Clannad, on the other hand, became a lot more interesting in After Story. So, "going past the confession" might be a good thing or bad thing depending on the story...
Old 2009-03-30, 14:59   Link #516
Angelic
Feel the Beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr View Post
Itazura na Kiss, I haven't heard of this, is it a good anime?

I looooooooved clannad. It was what I was waiting on the most. A masterpiece to me.
Old 2009-03-30, 15:03   Link #517
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelicxx View Post
Oh, it is good. You can count on it.

Old 2009-03-30, 15:09   Link #518
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelicxx View Post

I looooooooved clannad. It was what I was waiting on the most. A masterpiece to me.
off-topic: but InK is old-school classic romance. Some of the assumptions are very 1990s-ish so, for example, how the characters treat each other may make you blanch a bit -- but if you keep in mind the cultural mindset of the times it is a very endearing romance that really tells the whole story (i.e. doesn't stop with the first handshake). Lov*Com is another series I recommend that moves past where many romances often stop as well...
also REC.
Old 2009-03-30, 17:31   Link #519
Psychan
HI! I'm new

I just finished this yesterday and I've been following all of your discussions since episode one. I never managed to create an account though. I loved this series soo much and I was sad to see it go. The ending was rather perfect and it really brought so much ultimate emotion out of me.

Spoiler for TORADORA END THOUGHTS:
Old 2009-03-30, 18:20   Link #520
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychan View Post
I just finished this yesterday and I've been following all of your discussions since episode one. I never managed to create an account though. I loved this series soo much and I was sad to see it go. The ending was rather perfect and it really brought so much ultimate emotion out of me.

Spoiler for TORADORA END THOUGHTS:
All speculation at the moment. We still don't know what Ryuuji decided to do for college (financial aid, work, not go?). Taiga is wealthy -- we don't know if her mom might not offer to loan him the money.

All we really know is that whatever the future brings, Ryuuji and Taiga *intend* to meet it together -- and eventually marry when they can support themselves.

I've still not read volume 10 so some of the answers may be there outside the scope of this anime discussion.