AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 123 45.72%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 84 31.23%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 10.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 6.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 1.86%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 2.60%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.37%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.12%
Voters: 269. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-31, 13:55   Link #261
typhonsentra

Okay, I'm definitely intrigued to see where they're going with this.

What a freaking crazy episode, Jesus.
Old 2009-07-31, 14:29   Link #262
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafflemania View Post
The sad thing is that the only other character i know that ohara voiced was Millay from CG......>.<

It's not THAT bad....i mean her laugh is pretty good IMO
I hope she does a somewhat cuter (more Millay-flavored?) voice when it's called for, though. I think her current voice is fitting for the situation, but if she talks like this for the whole series, it's going to get kind of grating.
Old 2009-07-31, 14:33   Link #263
Umineko
Omochikaeri!

Quote:
Originally Posted by urusai View Post
I've loved Ohara's voice ever since she played the role of Layla Hamilton in Kaleido Star. Silky smooth.

She tends to voice a lot of blonde characters...
She reminds me a lot of Takano; don't know why, but it would suit her well.

I really like how Beato sounds. And her laughter is perfect, as well as the atmosphere between her and Battler... sparks all around, really.

Like how they say her name, something like Beatoritschii
Old 2009-07-31, 14:46   Link #264
Chaho-Chi
toptoptoptoptoptoptoptopt
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Chaho-Chi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umineko View Post
She reminds me a lot of Takano; don't know why, but it would suit her well.

I really like how Beato sounds. And her laughter is perfect, as well as the atmosphere between her and Battler... sparks all around, really.

Like how they say her name, something like Beatoritschii
I thought it was Be-ah-torchi

Her voice was a little too deep, it was kinda weird but fitting for her character. As said by k//eternal I really hope they don't keep this voice for very long, It going to ruin the image of beatrice for the anime only watchers (And maybe me >.>)

Old 2009-07-31, 14:49   Link #265
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

It's "ベアトリーチェ" (be a to rii che). Bernkastel shortens her name to "ベアト" (Beato) in the tea party.
Old 2009-07-31, 14:53   Link #266
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
Bernkastel shortens her name to "ベアト" (Beato) in the tea party.
Not that the subs would let people notice that Thems translated it as "Beatrice" :<
Old 2009-07-31, 14:57   Link #267
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

And "Punchy Man" was translated as "stop punching me"... oh well. I swear, even if they leave in the "breast sommelier" line, it'll just be translated as "you pervert" or something.

Still, props to gg for getting Umineko to everyone in such a speedy manner. It takes a long time to QC, and they do a very decent job especially considering how quickly they release the subs.
Old 2009-07-31, 15:06   Link #268
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
Still, props to gg for getting Umineko to everyone in such a speedy manner. It takes a long time to QC, and they do a very decent job especially considering how quickly they release the subs.
True, true ^_^
Old 2009-07-31, 15:08   Link #269
DeadlySoldier37
The players president

I know I'm a little late for the party, but I just watched the episode and it was one hell of an episode I just though I had to post on it.

I am a little confused on some parts like how the hell did they come out with the conclusion they died and somehow were revived, that in itself doesn't sound like something natural.

I was really impressed with Battler in this episode, he is by far in my opinion the best character here, many people would have given up and said that Beatrice existed but he didn't he stayed and fight for what he believed in until the end, I think thats very admirable. When I think about it it seems that they all came back to some wonderland where everybody is high and happy its like a dream, but Battles is the only one thats awake and doesn't fall for this tricks. Really looking forward to the next episodes.
Old 2009-07-31, 15:09   Link #270
Vangrim
Missing Detective

I finally watched it. The best episode so far? I think so. I liked the white words w/ black background caption (very NGE-like, but) they do fit with some moments, and they will be neccesary for some of the latter parts of the story.

The Purgatorio scene should've been insighted some more. Non VN-readers will really have some trouble knowing where Battler & others were, but that can be further developed in the next episodes.
Old 2009-07-31, 15:13   Link #271
Demoned Away

I have a question about Bern's power. Does she also have the ability to make something fail if there is a probable chance? If so then I have thought up an interesting way for the series to progress. Then again I don't know very much about this series (I've only read up to Episode 1) so I'm probably full of it. Haha~
Old 2009-07-31, 15:16   Link #272
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

This was a great episode, I was on the edge of my bed the entire time lol.

Beatrice's sudden appearance was a bit lulzy and Battler's reaction to her was very interesting, if stupid and pig-headed. I'm just going to go out on a limb and say that after they died Beatrice transported them into a spiritual world where she can repeat events over and over again? Either way it's awesome.

Finally, this new witch seems really interesting, I wonder if she was talking to Battler after Beatrice left or if there is a completely new witch for Battler to contend with. Anyway, I can't wait to see what the next arc will bring.
Old 2009-07-31, 15:18   Link #273
Vangrim
Missing Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoned Away View Post
I have a question about Bern's power. Does she also have the ability to make something fail if there is a probable chance?
Yes, as long as the chance isn't zero.
Old 2009-07-31, 15:20   Link #274
Chaho-Chi
toptoptoptoptoptoptoptopt
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Chaho-Chi
She also says it in the tea party of the first VN

Old 2009-07-31, 15:33   Link #275
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Imagine you are playing a game where you can save your progress and continue indefinitely. As long as the probability to win isn't zero, and provided you have enough time, you are bound to win. Only in the case where it is completely impossible to win, you can't progress further. That would be the case in a bugged game where you can save after you missed a vital part and you can't get back.

Now let's say you need to beat the last boss of fighting game. Maybe your skill isn't really enough to beat it, and you keep and keep on dying. However if you insist and don't give up, it might happen that, not for skill, but for a mere chance you happen to randomly make the right choices and in the end after many many losses you win. You can call that particular chance that brought you to the victory a "miracle".

I think Bernkastel powers can be compared to that. The only difference is that instead of saving and reloading, she travels the infinite kakera until she finds the one which is more convenient for her. Anyway if you have seen Higurashi you know that in the end it really does look like a "save and reload".

If you think about it Bernkastel's powers are very scary, almost godlike.

Old 2009-07-31, 15:57   Link #276
June 1983

Exactly. <3

I can't remember which TIP this is from, but I love this description of Bern's powers:

Quote:
In theory, she is the witch with the strongest power, but that is actually not realistic, like folding a piece of paper a hundred times so that it'll reach the moon.

And she folded it a hundred times.
Old 2009-07-31, 16:16   Link #277
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Isn't that just her character description in the TIPS?
Old 2009-07-31, 16:19   Link #278
Skullchukka
Letter from lost days ~

I've finally watched it. I'm speechless.

They even used the exact phrases from VN! (Well as far as I can tell from the english translations.) I'll be giving a 10 out of 10, for the awesome episode.

I now just wish I could've watched it with her..
Old 2009-07-31, 16:23   Link #279
Demoned Away

Well in that case here's my little assumption:

Beatrice turns into Bern's little plaything, basically. Beatrice tries to entertain Bern by having the fight with Battler ("I exist!" "No you don't!" etc). As much as Beatrice tries to convince Battler she just can't seem to do it because Bern makes it so it's impossible.

It may not seem like a bit thing but when I thought of this I just imagined Beato trying so hard to impress Bern but she can't just because of Bern's power. ._.

Like I said I'm probably full of it... XD
Old 2009-07-31, 16:27   Link #280
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by June 1983 View Post
I can't remember which TIP this is from, but I love this description of Bern's powers:
That description gave me chills when I read it.
Closed Thread