AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-04-12, 23:23   Link #921
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Well, yes and no... What primuler translated was...
Also... um... I dunno how I should put this... Well, Hayate has feelings for Maria and Hinagiku(At least Hata mentioned that they are in the 'strike zone'. For unknown reason, he excluded Ayumu.)

Which really just say that Hayate is not 100% oblivious
Didn't Ayumu mentioned in past volume that hayate's preferred type is the older-sister reliable type of girl. Judging from that it's only maria and hinagiku that fits(hence only those two in the strike zone).
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 08:12   Link #922
sr7olsniper
Urzu 0

true, but that is because he fell in love with Athena first. YOu could see the relation between his "type" of girl and athena. It is a pretty hard competition atm. We dont know how they will meet, but we know they will and until that moment we can just speculate Hayate's reaction. Maybe he'll end up with Athena, Maybe stay with nagi, but i dont see him really falling in love with Hinagiku (even though i like her myself).
sr7olsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 00:15   Link #923
Used Can

The main problem for an Athena end is the fact that she is far too late game. The first time we saw a glimpse of her was in chapter 88, in a 3-panels flashback. She never got properly introduced until chapter 178. Also, in addition, she's barely appeared in 12 chapters so far.

Perhaps, the fact she scored high in the latest popularity poll gives her a helping hand, and there are also other factors that may make an Athena end possible, like the fact she's the only character who has a back-story with Hayate, and that Hayate still thinks about her. There's also the ring-exchange matter, which still remains unresolved.

However, in my opinion, her very late appearance still outweighs all those factors, especially when characters like Maria, Hina and Ayumu - who have been in the story since the beginning - have received a good amount of development. There's also Nagi, who is the main heroine. Chances are high Hayate will remain with her, even if not in a romantic sense. Athena would have to show up quite frequently from now on, and in addition receive a good amount of focus and development (both, as a character, and in her relationship with Hayate), in order for her end to happen.

An Athena end would be quite a big twist, but as much as I personally would like to see it happen, I honestly do not think there are high possibilities for that.
Old 2009-04-14, 03:03   Link #924
sr7olsniper
Urzu 0

I agree with you on the nagi ending since hayate really grateful to her, but we cant say for sure that an Athena ending is a no go. Hayate definitely showed strong feelings for her and like you said, he still thinks of her. Chances are that once they meet Hayate's feelings will come back. If anything tho, im pretty sure that once Hayate learns that Athena was locked out of the Castle and on top of that she has been living alone, he will feel sorry in one way or another for leaving and come back to her. Like i sid before im up for a harem ending, but if that is not the case, i woudl like for him to stay with Athena romanticaly, and with nagi as friends.
Old 2009-04-14, 20:04   Link #925
Sinta

It baffles me that you would want Hayate with someone that he doesn't even know in his current state, but to each his own I guess. I'm a Maria fan. I think she and Hayate are HILAIROUS together. So that is what I'm hoping for. I suspect that we won't get an ending but that is just my feeling.
Old 2009-04-14, 22:31   Link #926
sr7olsniper
Urzu 0

Well yah like I said i dont really want an ending where he picks a girl over another. But all im saying is, IF he were to pick one it would be Athena due to their romantic past. And "It baffles me that you would want Hayate with someone that he doesn't even know in his current state" is wrong because he KNOWS her, and she has mentioned her a couple of times. Its just that he doenst know where she is at, but im pretty sure the fated encounter will come soon. When that comes Hayate will reveal his feelings. Nonetheless, I am also a Maria fan. I love the ecounters she an hayate keep getting into, but im just talking from hayates possible sentimental point of view. He does say that if he ever meets Athena again he will say something to her, even tho it is not revealed atm we can only guess that it could be IM SORRY or something liek that. Besides, lets not forget that athena and Maria have some hidden connection as shown in the magical mirror. It could turn out that they are sisters or something like that, who knows.

Last edited by sr7olsniper; 2009-04-14 at 22:41.
Old 2009-04-14, 23:43   Link #927
Fandal

I'm not sure Hayate will end like any regular manga. Hayate is a manga that likes making parody of other stuff. I wouldn't be suprised if it makes a parody of all this realtionship talk

If it were to end the relationships, I'd say let there be a giant "relationship wheel of fortune" that Hyate spins and it will land on some obscure character nobody knows. Then everyone jumps on him and in the end and Hayate says this is too dangerous and disappears spending the rest of his life taking care of penguins in the south pole.

Maybe they will do a parody of the dating games at the end where everyone calculates the points and something outrageous happens.

Last edited by Fandal; 2009-04-15 at 00:10.
Fandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 01:22   Link #928
9taileddemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandal View Post
If it were to end the relationships, I'd say let there be a giant "relationship wheel of fortune" that Hyate spins and it will land on some obscure character nobody knows. Then everyone jumps on him and in the end and Hayate says this is too dangerous and disappears spending the rest of his life taking care of penguins in the south pole.

Maybe they will do a parody of the dating games at the end where everyone calculates the points and something outrageous happens.
... Why do I see this occurring in my mind's eye?

Seriously, those actually are possibilities for the ending sadly enough.

Or at the very least for a joke chapter.
9taileddemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 01:30   Link #929
enragedjacquescouste

Spoiler for 220:
enragedjacquescouste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 03:44   Link #930
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr7olsniper View Post
Well yah like I said i dont really want an ending where he picks a girl over another. But all im saying is, IF he were to pick one it would be Athena due to their romantic past. And "It baffles me that you would want Hayate with someone that he doesn't even know in his current state" is wrong because he KNOWS her, and she has mentioned her a couple of times. Its just that he doenst know where she is at, but im pretty sure the fated encounter will come soon. When that comes Hayate will reveal his feelings. Nonetheless, I am also a Maria fan. I love the ecounters she an hayate keep getting into, but im just talking from hayates possible sentimental point of view. He does say that if he ever meets Athena again he will say something to her, even tho it is not revealed atm we can only guess that it could be IM SORRY or something liek that. Besides, lets not forget that athena and Maria have some hidden connection as shown in the magical mirror. It could turn out that they are sisters or something like that, who knows.
If you've read one of my posts about happenings in Hata's blogs, then you would have seen that he said 'There's a reason why Hayate said he never had a girlfriend'. Hata seemed to be implying that Hayate's quite uncertain, or confused about his feelings towards Athena.

And am I the only one who thinks that Hayate will either end up with no one among the girls in this series or the series will end undecided?

by the way, it'd be fun to see Maria vs Hina vs Ayumu vs Athena.
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 14:26   Link #931
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by enragedjacquescouste View Post
Spoiler for 220:
Golden Week is coming up soon, no? Perhaps, this is to make up for the lack of chapter on that week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
If you've read one of my posts about happenings in Hata's blogs, then you would have seen that he said 'There's a reason why Hayate said he never had a girlfriend'. Hata seemed to be implying that Hayate's quite uncertain, or confused about his feelings towards Athena.
Well, that could mean several things actually (unless a particular wording was used in Japanese):

1. What you've said.
2. The obvious: Athena wasn't on Hata's plans back then; so, he has to come up with a something to patch that previous statement.
3. Something made Hayate forget about her.
Old 2009-04-15, 15:31   Link #932
sr7olsniper
Urzu 0

4. if he thinks back as a kindergarden mentality it wasnt a girlfriend, but if he looks back now and finds the feelings, it would most certainly be classified as a girlfriend.

NOt to mention he did say once (cant remember the chapter) that his 1st girlfriend told him that he has to have money and be strong to support the girl he likes, to which Hinagiku gets really pissed.
Old 2009-04-15, 20:39   Link #933
xellos2099

Well Hayate certainly seems to like Hina and Maria a lot. If given the chance, I think he would hit it.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 22:47   Link #934
sr7olsniper
Urzu 0

Well, we can say the same thing about all the girls. If given the change he would hit Ayumu as well. Even more so since he has seen her fulle frontal nude.
Old 2009-04-15, 23:49   Link #935
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by enragedjacquescouste View Post
Spoiler for 220:
Umm, I think it's sunday double issue for the upcoming golden week. Usually they publish double issue(usually with two issue number like #15-#16) a week before golden week cuz there's no new issue on golden week. The bad thing is there's still going to be only 1 chapter of each series in that double issue.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 18:34   Link #936
Used Can

No spoilers from my side. Have you guys found anything?
Old 2009-04-18, 18:59   Link #937
sr7olsniper
Urzu 0

Anyone care to explain chapter 220? From what i saw, there is a releation between Mikado and Klaus but i couldnt tell what. Also Hayate and the "gang" realized something about the stone wears as a necklace.
Old 2009-04-19, 02:44   Link #938
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Could it be that Mikado and Klaus are brothers? or half-brothers?
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 04:25   Link #939
sr7olsniper
Urzu 0

I really doubt it, otherwise he wouldnt be a butler. Not to mention, it has been repeated many times that Mikado is the only living relative to Nagi. Unless Klaus is a ghost, which i seriously doubt despite his nature, then that may be possible.
Old 2009-04-19, 07:37   Link #940
mechdra

Any spoilers for 221?
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen