AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-05, 21:58   Link #481
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

no worries. It's something that had to be shared, really ^^ Wonder what the 100th show holds in store...

@Dex. No, it doesn't. And he's most certainly not going to resolve it before the next movie is out...if at all.

@justavisitor...well, if two weeks counts as "ages ago"... They only have one show a week, so 2 years for 100 episodes (IIRC, this one started sometime after the series started its run) is about right, don't you think?

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2010-03-05, 22:28   Link #482
justavisitor

what? just two weeks?? I thought it was something that many ppl overlooked...so he comes out and updates the latest interpretation on the latest episode which was broadcast about 1 and a half year ago...why am I not surprised

anyway, still a big thank you to you for sharing this info
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2010-03-06, 08:53   Link #483
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Does that clear up the polygamy debate?
Old 2010-03-06, 09:30   Link #484
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm View Post
Does that clear up the polygamy debate?
To me, it puts the whole "Alto equally loves Sheryl and Ranka in a romantic sense because of the 'You are both my wings' line" to it's grave. Finally.
Old 2010-03-06, 10:16   Link #485
justavisitor

to me, the sheer thought of Alto would say the line "You are both my wings" to anyone he trusts gives me goose bump...so he would say it to Luca and Micheal if he trusts them also..."Don't die, Micheal...you are one of my wings!!!"

so, same sex marriage is allowed in macross universe also
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2010-03-06, 11:31   Link #486
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
Well that certainly obliterates the thought of "You are both my wings!" being in the romantic context (finally).

Thank you very much!
Hey, is that the last nail being pounded into the coffin of the A x R ship I hear?
Old 2010-03-06, 14:02   Link #487
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Hey, is that the last nail being pounded into the coffin of the A x R ship I hear?
Oh Magnus, you're so silly. I can say the same about the A x S ship

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-03-06, 15:20   Link #488
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Oh Magnus, you're so silly. I can say the same about the A x S ship
Correction you could only that if it wasn't for the episodes before hand.
Old 2010-03-06, 15:29   Link #489
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
Correction you could only that if it wasn't for the episodes before hand.
Well both of our opinions differ on this subject so I'll leave it at that. Besides, I was only joking around with Magnus

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-03-06, 15:33   Link #490
magnuskn

Quote:
Well both of our opinions differ on this subject so I'll leave it at that. Besides, I was only joking around with Magnus
<shrug> At this point, the whole argument of AxR people rests basicallly on how Alto romantically loved both equally and the scene with "You are both my wings" was one of the major points on which that was founded.

If you really think you can make a convincing case for AxR, bring it.
Old 2010-03-06, 15:37   Link #491
DeX-kun

Quote:
<shrug> At this point, the whole argument of AxR people rests basicallly on how Alto romantically loved both equally and the scene with "You are both my wings" was one of the major points on which that was founded.

If you really think you can make a convincing case for AxR, bring it.
Yes Magnus, we've had this conversation before and I'm not in the mood to get into it again Besides, my arguments never relied on the fact that Alto "loved both equally." I even argued my reasons why I believed Alto didn't love Sheryl. Go back to our last discussion about this and you'll see.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-03-06, 19:33   Link #492
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

I wouldn't want to be in a relationship with an asshole like Alto anyway.
Old 2010-03-06, 19:35   Link #493
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
what? just two weeks?? I thought it was something that many ppl overlooked...so he comes out and updates the latest interpretation on the latest episode which was broadcast about 1 and a half year ago...why am I not surprised
Well...he's only answering it because people are asking. (I wonder how many people sent in questions about that line for this 100 questions-100 answers thing.)

On that topic...the 100th show is a bit of a disappointment. They only managed to get through about 25 questions, with some really silly ones thrown in the mix. No more romance stuff, IIRC, but there were a couple of things I'll post in another thread later.

*goes back to munching*

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2010-03-06, 19:42   Link #494
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadow View Post
Touche, but Alto has his good points as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Well...he's only answering it because people are asking. (I wonder how many people sent in questions about that line for this 100 questions-100 answers thing.)

On that topic...the 100th show is a bit of a disappointment. They only managed to get through about 25 questions, with some really silly ones thrown in the mix. No more romance stuff, IIRC, but there were a couple of things I'll post in another thread later.

*goes back to munching*
Well I saw that coming. I had a feeling that he wasn't going to answer anything of importance considering the significance of the second movie. Once again, thanks for the update. We all seem to be trying to scratch out some information after this long drought

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-03-06, 20:09   Link #495
magnuskn

Quote:
Yes Magnus, we've had this conversation before and I'm not in the mood to get into it again Besides, my arguments never relied on the fact that Alto "loved both equally." I even argued my reasons why I believed Alto didn't love Sheryl. Go back to our last discussion about this and you'll see.
Must have missed that, to be honest... oh, well. Linky? Too tired to comb through pages of posts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadow View Post
Hey. watch it. or you'll get a SHERYL PUNCH!
Old 2010-03-06, 20:40   Link #496
DeX-kun

Quote:
Must have missed that, to be honest... oh, well. Linky? Too tired to comb through pages of posts...
Sure. I think this was part of the last conversation we had.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-03-06, 23:32   Link #497
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

justavisitor: Sure, why not? And if the thought gives you goosebumps, then boy are you in luck! Natsu Minion-tan has a whole lot of doujin recs coming your way!

You should have used the line: "You can be my wingman, anytime!"

Ah well.
Old 2010-03-07, 01:27   Link #498
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm View Post
justavisitor: Sure, why not? And if the thought gives you goosebumps, then boy are you in luck! Natsu Minion-tan has a whole lot of doujin recs coming your way!

You should have used the line: "You can be my wingman, anytime!"

Ah well.
Swampy, who are you calling minion-tan!! A-And, I-I-I-I err... Never ship BL in Macross F~! *shuffles her bookshelf and list of to-buys*

See? I'm being honest!

... Too bad Alto was not a good healthy, feminine uke. And Michael just have my favourite uke voice that I can't see him as seme. *sigh* If only Alto's face structure is more feminine, if only it wasn't You-kyan, and if only he wears dresses and kimonos more often than the weird uniform... Ummm. Oops. Forgive my loud monologue.

... But I do see no problems in having BL in Mac F. *wipes nosebleed* B)b

Old 2010-03-07, 01:30   Link #499
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

^LOL. Seme-Michel and Girly-uke-Alto are quite the popular pair to particular doujin circles.

Not that I follow said circles! D8<
Old 2010-03-07, 01:35   Link #500
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
I can see your through your lies. Your eyes say with clear cut black mind, raile!!!

Read: Do you think I have forgotten that lots of Michael/Alto shipper is also producing Sheryl/Alto doujins?

And see, seme Alto is just impossible, he has too much of tsundere attitude and ravishable bo---

-Gets hit on the back of head by Captain Swampy-

Closed Thread