AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 60 41.10%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 34 23.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 21.92%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 10.96%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.05%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.68%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-11, 21:21   Link #41
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyy54264 View Post
Any predictions on why Yuri's name isn't Yuri? She admits that it's just a nickname. Does "yurippe" have a certain meaning in Japanese?
Her name's Yuri. Hinata gave her the nickname Yurippe because his mom's name was Yuri and he felt weird calling her by that name.
Old 2010-06-11, 21:32   Link #42
Jarmel

This show really needed to have more episodes or they needed to have cut back on the emotional filler. So we're probably going to end up with a villain introduced in the final 2 episodes with essentially no buildup or background. Then the shadows appearing now seem so ridiculously random that I'll hold off until the end of the season as there HAS to be some tie in to a previous event.
Old 2010-06-11, 21:36   Link #43
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I was thinking that this episode gives a little hint about Hinata x Yuri...but the way I saw it, it's more like a trusted friends instead a hint for shipping lol

And Yuri is just so awesome in this episode >_>; I wonder how she knew about Otonashi and Kanade despite the fact the she always kept herself in her room. Maybe that spy gives that information to her ?

Next episode, Knockin' on heaven's door....I smell awesomeness in the next episode.

Old 2010-06-11, 21:49   Link #44
chingensai
NOM NOM NOM~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dart View Post
Just threw this together while watching the ep.

Spoiler for Kanade Vs Shadow:
LOL.. Kanade + Hand Sonic version 5 = Anri/Slasher (for durarara fans out there) XDD

They have the same voice actor too >__>
Old 2010-06-11, 21:51   Link #45
Bombo
TSF Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dart View Post
Just threw this together while watching the ep.

Spoiler for Kanade Vs Shadow:
the fight with all members againts the shadow was awesome and this pic was pic i laughing about this move hehe..and TK was rock ane best part I kiss you" haha
And ya kanade isn't angel..she's human I couldn't loled when takanashi ask her your's angel or not ...hahahahaa

the moment was sad
Old 2010-06-11, 22:14   Link #46
SirusRiddler
Mari-nyan <3

First of all, it is REALLY weird watching Angel Beats after Evangelion. It's like Naoi is over-compensating for his life as clinically depressed and EVA pilot Shinji.

They have the same voice actors...just in case no one caught that.

Also, vibes of LOST again. First, the doctor hero leader. Then a paraplegic who walks. And now a HATCH. I find that pretty funny.

This episode was just one big tease. I really can't wait to see how this all concludes. Let the mass disappearing begin...

"Choose your own legacy, it's for you to decide." - Solid Snake
Old 2010-06-11, 22:21   Link #47
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirusRiddler View Post
First of all, it is REALLY weird watching Angel Beats after Evangelion. It's like Naoi is over-compensating for his life as clinically depressed and EVA pilot Shinji.

They have the same voice actors...just in case no one caught that.

Also, vibes of LOST again. First, the doctor hero leader. Then a paraplegic who walks. And now a HATCH. I find that pretty funny.

This episode was just one big tease. I really can't wait to see how this all concludes. Let the mass disappearing begin...
Don't forget the smoke monster aka shadow. I wonder how they're going to animate the church.
Old 2010-06-11, 22:22   Link #48
CCLemon

I was surprised that Otonashi hadn't realized Kanade wasn't an angel. I always assumed that he knew she was a human.

Also, Yuri sure transitioned fast from Angel's nemesis and rebel to calling Angel "Kanade-chan" and encouraging the Battlefront to pass on. She didn't even have any visible qualms about it, either...

Huh, maybe it's all an act. Yuri = chessmaster/big bad?
Old 2010-06-11, 22:26   Link #49
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
Huh, maybe it's all an act. Yuri = chessmaster/big bad?
Give it a rest. Just focus on the apparent boss characters, like Takeyama.
Old 2010-06-11, 22:34   Link #50
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Oh screw KanadeXOtonashi. I'm jumping ship and HinataXYurippe is now my OTP!

"What are you saying all of a sudden? Didn't we form this Battlefront together? We've spent a long time here together, so we'll leave together too. I won't leave you here."

If I didn't know better, I would've thought the two are childhood friends. But knowing each other for the longest time... well, I guess that's the closest thing, so I'll take it.

In any case, that was so awfully sweet of him. Hopefully I get more next episode.

(BTW, Yui's so lucky that she disappeared last episode. Halberd guy... you're next! lol)

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2010-06-11, 22:44   Link #51
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Damn the pacing is so much on crack it's almost funny.

And yes, mass disappearances ftw. At this point it might be the only way to salvage Angel Beats' biggest fault for having a cast too big for it to handle. Gives Maeda an excuse to sort of brush everyone off and concentrate on the main plot that has taken a back seat for weeks now. I've always had an inkling that the apparent god of that world isn't so much an omniscient operator as it is a person acting as one. Perhaps there was sort of a god in place but given the computerized nature of the system a person could have easily at some point simply hijacked it as Yuri surmised.

So I'm going to assume the next two episodes will be split between Otonashi helping the rest of the front pass on and Yuri's own investigation into Guild. Somewhere at the end of episode 13 they'll squeeze an ending somewhere.

One can only hope so.
Old 2010-06-11, 22:45   Link #52
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
(BTW, Yui's so lucky that she disappeared last episode. Halberd guy... you're next! lol)
His name is Noda. And I hope he disappears next as well. xD Wait... Or was it Noba?

Hopefully Noda disappears after telling Yuri "I love you". It would be cheesy but it would be a part of his character.

I'm looking forward to the next episode. it will mostly show who the 'end boss' is. Hopefully more TK and Noda action.

Hopefully they won't give Yuri anymore 'surprisingly sharp insight' because now it just feels sort of creepy. Or maybe she really is the villain? Wouldn't know. I have to wait and see.

....I hope for more TK. Have I already said that?
Old 2010-06-11, 22:52   Link #53
Wigwams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Oh screw KanadeXOtonashi. I'm jumping ship and HinataXYurippe is now my OTP!

"What are you saying all of a sudden? Didn't we form this Battlefront together? We've spent a long time here together, so we'll leave together too. I won't leave you here."

If I didn't know better, I would've thought the two are childhood friends. But knowing each other for the longest time... well, I guess that's the closest thing, so I'll take it.

In any case, that was so awfully sweet of him. Hopefully I get more next episode.

their history from the novel.
Spoiler for spoilers for angel beats - track zero:
Old 2010-06-11, 22:53   Link #54
Knightrunner

I wouldn't mind if they gave Yurippe more insight. lol she had spies and her own observant eyes to figure out everything. Yuzuru should do a better job next time if he wants to cover up an operation.
Old 2010-06-11, 23:02   Link #55
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

From listening to the preview sound clips,

Spoiler for final boss:

Also, they picked the next sci-fi-looking gun in the world for Yurippe. Good job.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TDI_Vector
Old 2010-06-11, 23:06   Link #56
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Yeah, I thought it was a Vector. Was almost tempted to say P90.
Old 2010-06-11, 23:25   Link #57
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Hmm...why does it feel like another genre shift for this show? Just when I had started to expect more helping-out-sad-girl type stories that Jun Maeda's been known for.

If you had told me that all these episodes were part of the same series, I might not have believed you, given how disconnected they feel. It sort of reminds me of Rozen Maiden which went from dolls fighting over a stairwell to, well, their version of episode 10 (season 2). But Angel Beats! feels more rushed due to having fewer episodes. I don't mind changes in tone and mood (I loved CLANNAD, after all), but this is a bit too fast for me.
Old 2010-06-12, 00:07   Link #58
Archangel Roy
Nandaiyo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
Hmm...why does it feel like another genre shift for this show? Just when I had started to expect more helping-out-sad-girl type stories that Jun Maeda's been known for.

If you had told me that all these episodes were part of the same series, I might not have believed you, given how disconnected they feel. It sort of reminds me of Rozen Maiden which went from dolls fighting over a stairwell to, well, their version of episode 10 (season 2). But Angel Beats! feels more rushed due to having fewer episodes. I don't mind changes in tone and mood (I loved CLANNAD, after all), but this is a bit too fast for me.
I agree. The shortage on their episodes suck. DX

It doesn't seem likely that they'll open a season 2 T^T [I hope they do but Highly unlikely]

I loved how this episode gets a little deeper into the final climax of the series, but this series ended to fast.... Seriously...
Old 2010-06-12, 00:23   Link #59
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCLemon View Post
I was surprised that Otonashi hadn't realized Kanade wasn't an angel. I always assumed that he knew she was a human.
The best way I can interpret it is that he knew she was a human, but thought she had ascended to an Angel level to watch over the purgatory they were in. He didn't even consider the possibility that she was a human who simply had regrets.
Old 2010-06-12, 00:39   Link #60
dark998

A nice episode. Massive story/character development and great fight scenes to boot. TK and Kanade really shined there, also Yuri with her agile movements.

Also liked Otonashi's reaction when he found out Kanade is human as well. And how he patted her head

Now that the series reached its final stretch the truth of the world is closer to being revealed.
Closed Thread