AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-05-10, 17:46   Link #21
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
Sept coniurrez au banquet feront luyre.Contre les trois le fer hors de nauire, L'vin les deux classes au grand fera conduire...
Dixit vero Elohim, congregentur aquae quae sub caelo sunt in locum unum et appareat arida...
....ita et vocavit Elohim aridam Terram congregationesque aquarum appellavit maria
Latin and French are familiar to me. Basically, since it's hard to read the 10th century French, it should be like this:

Seven 'coniurrez' (should be a verb or a noun)will do___ in a banquet (y'know, somewhere with food). Against three with the iron (I think it means the iron of sword) who can not harm. The wine (not sure about this) of the two groups will drive greatly (crappy translation).

The latin part now:

Said the man Elohim, congragated (Latin word is in 3rd person plural) to waters which were under the carve (or curve?) in a single location and looked thirsty...
...and thus said Elohim and called the dry earth (or country) and the society(or association, congregation) of waters the sea.

The French and Latin part all feel messed up.
Old 2011-05-12, 12:14   Link #22
msg

thanks Kira for the translation

hmm...i think i get the gist of it..the french really is an old french?hmm..and what is coniurrez anyway ?is it means - conspirators?.I know Elohim means God in jewish..

Amakusa seems to be practicing some sort of a heretical kind of christianity...can say its her own brand of christianity...even mixing up with zen buddhism and judaism.She's one messed up girl..

anyways heres the pic of miyamoto musashi and sasaki kojirou from the novel

I really like sasaki kojirou character design.tall,sexy and strong silent type.wait did she wear an underwear under her kimono?

ps...and vol.7 is epic.battle royale among the samurais especially hanzo vs kojirou and Jyuubei vs musashi..
Old 2011-05-12, 12:22   Link #23
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:

hmm...i think i get the gist of it..the french really is an old french?hmm..and what is coniurrez anyway ?is it means - conspirators?.I know Elohim means God in jewish..

Amakusa seems to be practicing some sort of a heretical kind of christianity...can say its her own brand of christianity...even mixing up with zen buddhism and judaism.She's one messed up girl..

anyways heres the pic of miyamoto musashi and sasaki kojirou from the novel

I really like sasaki kojirou character design.tall,sexy and strong silent type.wait did she wear an underwear under her kimono?

ps...and vol.7 is epic.battle royale among the samurais especially hanzo vs kojirou and Jyuubei vs musashi..
Battle royale eh? In this novel series, do we really have a "true"antagonist?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 20:30   Link #24
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:

After reading some old French literature, (e.g. Tristan and Yseut), I think that coniurrez can be 'convives', which are people attending the banquet. So it could be translated as 'seven invited will shine (luyre is similar to luire) in the banquet.'

Hope it was useful, I'll continue descrit later.

The Latin part is basically about water and thirst.
Old 2011-05-23, 03:23   Link #25
theman4life

Beautiful pic, Niθ can do no wrong. I think design wise Miyamoto Musashi and Sasaki Kojirou are my top 3 fav hyakka girls along with D'art. Although I do prefer Sasaki without her eyes covered.

I wish hobby japan would release some of these pics in high resoultion to the public. Or at least start making posters or wall scrolls of them, I would buy them in a heartbeat. Still super tempted to buy the novels in japanese but I shall continue to remain paitent and wait for news on the english release.
theman4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-23, 10:02   Link #26
msg

Book 8 has finally arrived and loving the illustrations...haven't fully read it though just a glance of it.I'm really tempted to do a summary starting from vol 6 but translating it seems to be time consuming (at least for me and worst still i'm doin two jobs at a moment)---gah that gakko no kaidan last vol. that i was always wanted to read to but somehow unable to then theres hagure yuusha no aesthetica T T.Anyways to continue...heres the rest of vol.6 novel pics.next one will be vol.7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Battle royale eh? In this novel series, do we really have a "true"antagonist?
Yes we have, that will be Amakusa shirou (the main one) and to a certain extent yoshihiko

this will be quite long.Some sort of a guide.Apologise if there's a misatake

The world of hyakka ryouran :
The general/master samurai system (part I)

In Hyakka ryouran world:-
All master samurais will be female only
All generals will be male only
__________________________________________________ __

Master samurais - or loosely translated as the sword princesses , the souls of the past master warriors is being inserted inside a human female since when they ‘re young or since they’re born using rites and rituals usually perform by their own clans or groups of which they’re from.Not all will become a master samurai though.Usually the warrior’s original traits or personality will be mixed with the girls own personality.There’s an exception ...sometimes the warrior’s soul that are being inserted inside the girl are too strong that the overall original personality of that warrior will sometime take over the girl own characters/personality ..either through “contract” or the warrior’s soul inside the body force themselves out of it .Example is Jyuubei,gisen,amakusa ,etc..hence we got to see the distinct dual personality traits among some of the girls.

A pentagram/star symbol tattoo on the body is indicated that she’s a master samurai.(in a manga – star shaped sakura like flower, in an anime a stylized kanji)

jyuubei and yukki discussing matabei's ms symbol

Amakusa Shirou and her group:

Amakusa is abit special.Nobody knows who or which group initiated of putting a totally unstable and violent soul inside a little girl.Not surprisingly the ol’ amakusa soul began to totally taken over her body, betrayed the ones who resurrect her and form a her own group.Her true motives and agenda is still never really explained properly… other than that she wanted to overthrow the tokugawa government…just like the toyotomi factions
The tokugawa establishment called them the – The Irregulars because of the unstable and powerful nature of the souls being inserted inside their bodies.In their original form all them are possessed one form/kind of disability except for yui shosetsu.Yui shosetsu is like what matabei and hanzo is to in relationship to yukimura and Sen.

Miyamoto Musashi – she’s deaf
Sasaki kojirou – she’s blind
Hozuin Inshun – she’s mute
Araki Mataemon – without limbs and unable to feel the sensation of her skin (poor girl)
…and finally Amakusa shirou – unable to taste and smell?Her master samurai symbol is on her tongue and she seems to like to lick a lot.

3 stages of master samurai

Unactivated/uncontracted phase – the powers from the warrior lies dormant
Contracted phase – the powers is activated through “contract” but the power acquired is not full.the contract can be undone.
Permanent phase – the contract is permanent with the general she choose with.This can only be done if the general has become a true general or master general.The power acquired is full.The contract cannot be undone except death.Also the more ‘closer” she get with her general, the more powerful she could become…

At the buou academy founded by the tokugawas, the school is specially catered for the girls who had a master warrior’s soul inside their body.All the girl student enrolling there is a master samurais/warriors.The academy is also for them to train and hone their martial skills…so muneakira is one of a lucky few who manage to become a student/instructor over there.. (also through recommendation from Senhime ^^)

Sorry for the long post..to be continued

extra from vol.8

Spoiler for slightly nsfw:

gotta love Muneakira's expression there

@theman4life - Oh yes Niθ the master of camel toe and booty illustrations yep he can do no wrong..i've already seen his other works (demonbane and bassrelietier? ) and its gorgeous.About the picture scroll, thought they're selling it?i have the picture of it somewhere and it feature nia and noe.will post it later.

@kira - oh i see thanks for the explaination, my understanding of the french or latin languages is almost non existent

Last edited by msg; 2011-05-23 at 10:23.
msg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 02:45   Link #27
theman4life

As always thanks for all the info and pics. As for the posters/wallscrolls I havent seen anything yet so please do post the one you were referring to when you get the chance.
Old 2011-05-26, 16:26   Link #28
msg

Quote:
Originally Posted by theman4life View Post
As always thanks for all the info and pics. As for the posters/wallscrolls I havent seen anything yet so please do post the one you were referring to when you get the chance.
there you go:

they're also have Jyuubei/muneakira, sen/hanzo and yukki/matabei.Amazon seems to not sell it.
Old 2011-05-27, 00:35   Link #29
theman4life

Quote:
there you go:

they're also have Jyuubei/muneakira, sen/hanzo and yukki/matabei.Amazon seems to not sell it.
Wow I havent seen that available for order anywhere and I shop at alot of sites such as amiami, hobbysearch,cdjapan etc. That pic is also used for one of the dvd box covers for the anime. From the sounds of it the other scrolls use the rest of the other dvd box covers linked below.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E7%99%BE%E8...ref=pd_sim_m_9
http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E7%99%BE%E8...ref=pd_sim_m_8

I appreciate the pic, guess I'm gonna have to dig a bit deeper to get my hands on the scrolls.
Old 2011-05-31, 00:27   Link #30
msg

Quote:
Wow I havent seen that available for order anywhere and I shop at alot of sites such as amiami, hobbysearch,cdjapan etc. That pic is also used for one of the dvd box covers for the anime. From the sounds of it the other scrolls use the rest of the other dvd box covers linked below.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E7%99%BE%E8...ref=pd_sim_m_9
http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E7%99%BE%E8...ref=pd_sim_m_8

I appreciate the pic, guess I'm gonna have to dig a bit deeper to get my hands on the scrolls.
Just found out that the scrolls is only availabe if you bought vol1 and vol4 of bd as a limited edition free gift after that they give you dakimura instead.the bd comes with box sets that each can hold 3 cases of dvd/bd.Guess we have to wait for them to sell it.
heres the box set (vol1 and 4)

naoe-centric image post

Spoiler for for space:

To continue..
Master samurai/general system part II
Spoiler for for space:

Last edited by msg; 2011-05-31 at 00:47.
msg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 02:10   Link #31
theman4life

Vol. 9 came out a few days ago. I wonder if even more new characters show up.
Old 2011-09-07, 03:33   Link #32
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

someone could make a list of the generals with their Samurai?
for example...
muneakira has:

Yoshihiko has:
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 03:48   Link #33
theman4life

Anyone know what this pic is about and why Jubei is missing from it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post
someone could make a list of the generals with their Samurai?
for example...
muneakira has:

Yoshihiko has:
I'll do my best from what I gathered from msg's posts.
Yagyuu Muneakira:
Jubei
Yukimura
Senhime
Hanzo
Matabei
Naoe

Yoshihiko:
Charles d'Artagnan
Yagyu Ginsen

Amakusa:
yui shosetsu
Miyamoto Musashi
Sasaki kojirou
Hozuin Inshun
Araki Mataemon

And for samurai whose general I do not know:
Sasuke
Tenkai
Fuuma

Hope that helps a bit.

Last edited by theman4life; 2011-10-25 at 04:15.
Old 2011-10-25, 04:14   Link #34
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Anyone know what this pic is about and why Jubei is missing from it?

I'll do my best from what I gathered from msg's posts.
Yagyuu Muneakira:
Jubei
Yukimura
Senhime
Hanzo
Matabei
Naoe

Yoshihiko:
Charles d'Artagnan
Yagyu Ginsen

Amakusa:
yui shosetsu
Miyamoto Musashi
Sasaki kojirou
Hozuin Inshun
Araki Mataemon

And for samurai whose general I do not know:
Sasuka
Tenkai
Fuuma

Hope that helps a bit.

Thanks...really thanks....i hope for second season of the anime...

So Naoe in the end kiss Munekira?

in the pic you posted..is true..Jubei is not here...is strange..
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 18:05   Link #35
bumbayker

Woah. I didn't know there was a LN of Hyakka Ryouran til now. I'm somewhat disappointed though that the anime trolled us by changing the plot and had an original ending. The production value of the show was pretty good too. They could have opted to stick with the LN and make a 2nd season but they didn't. The character designs in the LN look like its from the same artist as in Nitroplus VN Jingai Makyou which I adore. By any chance is there a translation of some of the volumes?
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 22:33   Link #36
theman4life

Another volume came out recently, msg where are thou? We need info on whats happening in the past 2 volumes
Old 2012-01-09, 11:58   Link #37
EvI

wow i really wish to see this translated on baka tsuki it would be good
it was thanks to juubei that i started liking and have fetishes about redhead girls so if anyone could translate this i would be happy ;D
well i think it would become famous since a lot of guys love harem history (me too of course hehehe)

oh and a question does juubei in the novel has the problem of double personality?

Last edited by EvI; 2012-01-09 at 16:04.
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 17:46   Link #38
Athena
The Power of One

I hope to see that novel translated too. Really seems awesome...
Old 2012-01-15, 05:39   Link #39
Culaio

There is a place on baka tsuki forum called "Future Project Suggestions", someone should suggest Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls light novel there.

I would do it but my english is bad.
Culaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 10:17   Link #40
EvI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culaio View Post
There is a place on baka tsuki forum called "Future Project Suggestions", someone should suggest Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls light novel there.

I would do it but my english is bad.
no problems it's for this that exists editors...
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gender bender, harem, romance, samurai girls, seinen, shounen