AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-29, 20:54   Link #21
MinoanMan

what are they about?? have you got a link to a good blurb or anything. ty for suggestions
Old 2006-10-30, 01:40   Link #22
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Id say stay away from Love Hina - it is kinda crap (imo). It gets old really fast. The jokes are the same and repetative(sp?) and the main guy gets smack arround all the time for no reason (zomg, walked in to the girls(for the 765564685 time) while they are in the onsen (all perfectly covered with towels wrapped arround them so nothing indecent has been seen) again. Gets smacked/punched/kicked and sent flying to the moon. Rinse, wash, repeat.... there are a grand total of three series i have dropped without finishing them, and Love Hina happens to be one of them.

I strongly second the recomendation of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - now this is something really good, one of my most favorite animes. And a lot more entertaining than Love Hina. This one isnt a harem and ecchi like Love Hina(even if you can consider Love Hina ecchi - it really isnt), but if you want harem/ecchi just say so and suggestions will roll in

sorry for the rant
Old 2006-10-30, 06:58   Link #23
MinoanMan

yep i finished watching suzumiya and it was fab! what is ecchi btw? and i think harem is kinda a group of girls coming round 1 guy isnt it :S so elfen lied//saty night would fall into that category too?
Old 2006-10-30, 12:04   Link #24
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinoanMan View Post
what is ecchi btw?

Spoiler for ecchi description stolen from wiki:

Its not as bad as it might sound from reading that
Old 2006-10-30, 17:55   Link #25
MinoanMan

o right yeah so most of the manga ive watched has had some sort of ecchi quality to it and tbh i think it adds humour to the anime.

ive just finished watching zero no tsukaima and i thought it was good, the story was a fresh twist on the harry potter esque magic school and brought a lot to it. as well as the ecchi and harem aspects of kisrche, louise and siesta with saito the main char 9/10 only gripe was that it could of been longer maybe more smaller storys inside it and going insted of 13 episodes to 20ish. cheers for suggesting that1 btw!
Old 2006-10-30, 17:58   Link #26
xxanimefan4_ever
Sorri++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Id say stay away from Love Hina - it is kinda crap (imo). It gets old really fast. The jokes are the same and repetative(sp?) and the main guy gets smack arround all the time for no reason (zomg, walked in to the girls(for the 765564685 time) while they are in the onsen (all perfectly covered with towels wrapped arround them so nothing indecent has been seen) again. Gets smacked/punched/kicked and sent flying to the moon. Rinse, wash, repeat.... there are a grand total of three series i have dropped without finishing them, and Love Hina happens to be one of them.
well I didn't like love hina cause i thought it was incredibly stupid and it kept exaggerating the jokes which made them even more lame. and yeah it is repetitive and i heard the plot goes nowhere anyhow.
Old 2006-10-30, 18:34   Link #27
MinoanMan

ahhh so more people r in agreement that it sux :S well i will have a gander at the first few episodes and then decide.
Old 2006-10-30, 18:57   Link #28
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Well if you liked Zero no Tsukaima you should like Magikano as well. Maybe Maburaho and Shuffle! as well.

for something more ecchi Girls Bravo is a good place to start (both seasons)

All of these have magic featured in them, seeing that you liked it.
Old 2006-10-30, 19:20   Link #29
MinoanMan

yeah watching magikhano atm and it seems quite funny and and random (from the first 3 episodes) girls bravo looks worth a look if the comedy in it is good.
Old 2006-10-31, 10:09   Link #30
MinoanMan

well finished watching magikano and it was alright, but again there were plot holes lol like wtf was the actual curse that ayumi had lol but it was overall quite funny with the hammer smashing, medieval going and talking cat pants. bit weird ecchi wise tho because rnt junior high ppl like 15 :S if so that ecchi is a bit off lol, but then again time is somthing u can never trust in anime.
Old 2006-11-01, 14:15   Link #31
MinoanMan

well ive watched series 1 of girls bravo and its a bit :S its kinda screwing the storyline for purvy shots of manga girls :S it had a great opportunity to get a good story out of the removal of the allergic reaction that yuki has to girls or the love between him and miharo and the other 1 (trianlge sotry) but since the 5th episode its not touched that subject at all and seems content to follow a purvy millionaire fukuyama or somthing and his antics on the harem group. overall about a 4/10.
Old 2006-11-01, 14:39   Link #32
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Well Girls Bravo is an ecchi show first and foremost... and i found it reasonably funny. It gets some focus on the love triangle in the second season if i recall, but i watched this one mostly for the comedy and ecchi, without caring much what they focused on You will probably like Maburaho better.
Old 2006-11-01, 15:13   Link #33
MinoanMan

ok well its reasonably funny and i suppose your right its probably aimed at that kind of audience who like (to quote the characters own words) T n A ... lol ok i will try and see maburaho and im dling the 2nd series atm lets see if it gets funnier. and im gna try and get shuffle! afterwards see if thats any good.

i think now ive kinda been able to say that i like:

romantic aspect
comedy
bit of action
sureal (haruhi ftw! )
ecchi
harem

so far in list of new reccomended anime that ive seen:
1. fate/stay night
2. haruhi
3. zero no
4. girls bravo
5. magikano
9999999. marmalade boy

however all of these i watched the whole series of (cept marmalade :S ) and they were all good. tbh japanese anime pwns anything westerners have to offer 10/10 times.

Last edited by MinoanMan; 2006-11-01 at 15:24.
Old 2006-11-06, 07:47   Link #34
MinoanMan

well i just finished season 2 of girls bravo and i thought it was really good towards the end, very climactic (if thats how u spell it :S ) id give it a solid 8/10. i hope theres a third season but they wrapped it up pretty well so i doubt it maybe if any1 knows of some oavs that are post season . would be kewl.

also getting really into shuffle! atm and i think thats good aswell 8/10 atm because i cant quite work out why rin has to marry and become god//devil :S and why did everyone apart from him seem to know. but hillarious and cute it can only get better cheers for the info ppls
Old 2006-11-06, 08:48   Link #35
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

If you liked Girls Bravo you should like Amaenaide yo and second season Amaenaide yo!! Katsu!! as well.

If you like Shuffle you can try Da Capo
Old 2006-11-07, 09:22   Link #36
MinoanMan

i enjoyed shuffle! but it didnt answer those looming questions like why did he have to marry sia/nerine, why did the gateway open 10 yrs ago. good plot twist thought with asa-senpais mother
Old 2006-11-07, 09:25   Link #37
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

As far as i understood the gateway opened because of that big boom caused by Ama(Asa's mother). He had to marry Sia/Nerine because the girls simply wanted to marry him ?
Old 2006-11-08, 07:13   Link #38
MinoanMan

lol yeah i kinda got that when the big explosion blew her into the human world. because they just wanted to lol... nvamind twas a gd series nonetheless

i tried watching amaenaide but i didnt like it, the fact theres a monkk with a harem is :S and then he gets super powers because one of them takes her clothes off... bit too cheesey for me lol
Old 2006-11-08, 09:50   Link #39
MamoruUsagi

Sorry for my suggestion. Marmalade Boy is great as a whole series 76 episodes, however, taking each individual episode, there is a lot of filler, and while the entire series is great, without the whole series, it's a series you need to be patient with. It's like, with all 76 episodes it's great, but without the whole series, it's completely different. The series gets better when the main couple become boyfriend/girlfriend. Anyway, I'll recomend a different series later on, a series that moves faster.
Old 2006-11-08, 16:13   Link #40
MinoanMan

hey nps ive liked a lot of anime that has been suggested and a lot ive disliked. for example i tried watching ebichu and amaenaide and i rele disliked both of those.

currently trying to finish maburaho (its been good, but currently hes a ghost and its stagnated), mahoromatic seems good after the first episode and dling hand miad may (fingers crossed its good)
Closed Thread