AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Pumpkin Scissors

Notices

View Poll Results: Pumpkin Scissors Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 28.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 28.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 23.81%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 14.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 4.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-04, 13:17   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Pumpkin Scissors Episode 22 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Pumpkin Scissors, Episode 22!

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the Manga out of the anime thread.
    If you need to reply to someone with a reference to the Manga, either PM them or use clearly marked Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use the spoiler title[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for title:
Old 2007-03-06, 00:13   Link #2
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Having just seen the RAW, I can only comment on the uninspiring lack of swashbuckling mayhem in the duel. I'm not holding out hope for this episode, unless the dialog is amazing.

I curse my lack of understanding of Nihongo beyond a few simple set phrases...

Edit: Now the fansub is out. I'll see that and vote after...

Okay. REDEEMED! The Corporal pulled his head out of his... stupidity, and the dialogue was good enough to pull the episode through, though I think the
Spoiler:
was ridiculous.

Last edited by Goofus Maximus; 2007-03-06 at 19:54.
Old 2007-03-06, 20:35   Link #3
beatrice1979
Randel Oland´s LT

I liked this chapter. They finally paced up a little on the ball scenes.
Spoiler for manga comment:

The scenes with the horses were freaky... and the hand!... @@
For those who love the RandelxAlice pairing... (like myself ) : here, we get to see more of them and their resolution. Renewals of faith as soliders and mutual dependence against their own loneliness... *swoons*.
Randel shines like a star in this one... Lovely! I was tired of hearing that huge strong body whining and fearing against simple people. He´s a soldier, for god´s sake! three chapters of weakness is too much to bear!

Spoiler for manga comment:

(I still refuse to believe the anime will end in the next 2 episodes... impossible!)

Last edited by beatrice1979; 2007-03-07 at 03:20. Reason: added sth
Old 2007-03-06, 23:50   Link #4
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Somehow, I felt that Ep21 & Ep22 should have been merged into one episode in order to make the pacing of the story flow that much better. As it is, there were still some moments in Ep22 where the pacing felt awkward.

Nevertheless, Ep22 was MUCH better in execution and I am glad that the pacing was not excruciating this time. There were plenty of moments in this one, such as Oland tossing the body through the window, the horse-carriage scene, the oh-too-short dual clashes, etc...

07/10 for this episode.

Cheers.
Old 2007-03-07, 01:50   Link #5
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
wow i like this ep
orland finally grows a spine back ~ alice is trying her best to kick ass under the conditions and the angry mobs are being as sly as ever...do they even have any brains? the stupid mob just thinks about killing and killing...i stand on alice's side for this one...they need to learn about the rules of a battle field...and seriously if any of them find true pleasure in killing...they need to die themselves...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-03-07, 05:16   Link #6
0rphen21
^.^

hmm i was a bit disappointed on how the resolution of the fight between Randel and the guy with the watchamacalit the guy with the watchamacalit was beating Randel pretty badly last ep then when Randel goes into "gespesnt jauger mode"
Spoiler:

but what i totally liked about this ep is MAWR RandelXAlice just because of that this ep is totally ok in my book unlike the last ep
Old 2007-03-07, 09:50   Link #7
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Funny moment when Oreld initially pointed to and talked to the eldest sisters... "I'm up here!", before catching himself.
Old 2007-03-07, 13:46   Link #8
misspuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatrice1979 View Post
(I still refuse to believe the anime will end in the next 2 episodes... impossible!)
I think that's why they're making a movie, right?
Old 2007-03-07, 14:26   Link #9
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I liked the episode. Finally Oland gets his confidence back, seeing a big guy like that acting like a chicken was getting aggrivating in my opinion. Never stops amazing my how Oreld can take the time during a crises to flirt. Guess he finds a way, just one of his skills I guess.

Oland really took it to that guy eventually though. Causing a stampeed was an unexpected tactic, but I guess when your dealing a mobile target unlike a tank you have to improvise. Thought for a second there he was going to make his shot and blow the guys head off. Though the crushed hand...just ouch. Can't blame the guy for screaming in terror when Oland made his way into the ballroom.

A nice moment between Alice and Randel there. Throwing the guy through a window certainly got everyone's attention.
Old 2007-03-07, 17:20   Link #10
kingofthemoleppl

Of all the ball room eps, what number is this? I think I lost count.
They should end this arc soon because it's becoming fairly exasperating with the mob wanting to kill the nobles and that whole banter between the two faction going to and fro and seemingly going nowhere.

I still find the whole thing to be unbelievable with Randel losing his will to fight (why is he even afraid ? he should of seen worse things) and, in this episode, finding a new resolve to fight. And all of a sudden that mercenary nearly turned his pants into a chocolate factory just because Randel points his gun at him and turned on his nifty blue lamp. Last ep he just laughed at that.

And that moment between the LT and Randel, is it just me or did that really come out of nowhere? Maybe I was oblivious to the whole romance thing if it was indeed hinted at beforehand but geez, don't they have anything better to do like, erm, engage in another vain discussion with the commoners? ^^

to sum it up:
this ep was a lemon and I want my time back.

ps: I don't want to sound overly critical and I think this could have been a rather good episode and not just mediocre _if_ they had managed to put the right elements, which they certainly had, more aptly together.
the way it turned out it's just average - and average is just on level above bad.
Old 2007-03-07, 18:01   Link #11
David Johnston

You've got to be friggin' kiddin' me. I haven't seen this much milking of a single confrontation since Dragonball Z and unlike DBZ they don't have hundreds of episodes to fill. When I was a child I always loathed the hostage crisis episode where tension was supposed generated by the way nothing kept happening but people kept on threatening to do something. Well, this time they finally generated a very small amount of traction but how many more of the remaining episodes are they going to spend on this nonsense?
Old 2007-03-07, 18:03   Link #12
cmage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofthemoleppl View Post
And all of a sudden that mercenary nearly turned his pants into a chocolate factory just because Randel points his gun at him and turned on his nifty blue lamp. Last ep he just laughed at that.
Blue lamps are scary like that.

I thought the pacing could've been handled better, but it's definitely an improvement over last week's ep. While I'm sick of being in that ballroom with the nobles and commoners arguing back and forth, the AlicexRandell moment and what little fighting there was made up for it. Maybe next week we'll get that action I've been hoping for!

I have no idea how they'll wrap everything up. Is there really going to be a movie?
Old 2007-03-07, 19:37   Link #13
0rphen21
^.^

is this really ending at ep 24???? wth i can't see how they can possibly end this they have not even shown the big final boss yet or have they
Old 2007-03-07, 19:39   Link #14
beatrice1979
Randel Oland´s LT

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by misspuff View Post
I think that's why they're making a movie, right?
eh? movie? what movie?!
Old 2007-03-08, 03:16   Link #15
Ablle

im dying to see randle and alice get together i mean they would make a great couple they both need someone i will not be satisified with this show untill those two are together.
Old 2007-03-08, 03:45   Link #16
misspuff

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatrice1979 View Post
eh? movie? what movie?!
Heh.
Maybe I'm jumping the gun a little, but I kind of assume that there's either going to be a movie or a 2nd season. If you read the manga, there's still a lot of questions left unanswered and a lot of military conspiracy left uncovered (Section I, Kauplan, human experimentation, etc).

Episode 23 will be the end of this ballroom attack story arc, and then episode 24 will be the final episode of the first season. Since the manga is still going strong in Japan, chances are good that Pumpkin Scissors will continue -- in one form or another.
Old 2007-03-08, 04:40   Link #17
Forever
Revealing the truth

WEll I cant really see it ending at the current pace they are going. Maybe they are really planning for a second season after all. I wonder what are the ratings for this in Japan.
Old 2007-03-08, 19:38   Link #18
0rphen21
^.^

better a second season than a movie imo
Old 2007-03-08, 22:26   Link #19
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The Solitary Balance

The episode felt loosely hanging from shallow seams, because they treated Alice and Olands' dilemma on separate but then integrating them into a common ground.

To work that out Oland at last figures out that Alice shares the same trait of his, that is loneliness. Simple soldiers who are ready to walk the path of death in order to accomplish for what they chose to be made.

For Alice is the impartial justice; the kind of justice that has ears but no eyes in order to punish indiscriminately.

For Oland is to become once again a walking weapon of murder to protect even if means to bloody his hands.

I am also one with the people contempt about the bantering and noise the commoners have been doing at the ballroom. It was just vexing that they are takin too much time to settle this arc.

Thankfully, Oland snapped out of his wusiness the only way he does: Blue Lantern. The next moment we had creepy horses and a stagecoach running literally over that glasses dude hand, smashing it crude. Gawk, talk about nasty things with your body parts.

And Goofus Maximus, I did not overlooked too that Oreld took the chance of addressing first to the breasts of Alice's married sister before lifting his view toward her face.

P.S. I do not blame GONZO for how this arc has been developing. They are doing their best to remain faithful as possible to the manga.

You want my opinion. Pumpkin Scissors is going to continue on the same light as Full Metal Panic. There are still lots of unexplored mysteries about the Silver Wheel, the Kaupland institute, Section I, the masked man, and Leonil's potential threat of a coup d'etat.
Old 2007-03-09, 14:05   Link #20
beatrice1979
Randel Oland´s LT

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
You want my opinion. Pumpkin Scissors is going to continue on the same light as Full Metal Panic. There are still lots of unexplored mysteries about the Silver Wheel, the Kaupland institute, Section I, the masked man, and Leonil's potential threat of a coup d'etat.
hear hear! Guido, tambien ruego por eso (I am praying for that too). I would like this series to go steady for a while.

They may make a movie about a certain filler adventure if they want.
Spoiler for super manga spoiler:

I would also like some fillers (yeah, I know general people dislike that) but i wonder about Randel and his past. Specially about the ATT squad. How freaky those guysmust have been! How wonderful the battles must have taken place.! The blood, the rage, their lifes hanging out on battle... yeah, I'm just dreaming!
Closed Thread