AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-15, 01:16   Link #161
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Ogami is bad ass. I hope Sakura doesn't stop him from taking out the trash. I am so sick and tired of MC's who have this 'I won't kill you because you can be saved!!!" bs...
Old 2012-10-15, 01:28   Link #162
Insane
Banned

LOL i like Ogami so much because of his capacity to kick the living crap outta anything, none of those butt-monkey or hypocrite type protagonists.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 02:32   Link #163
supermegasonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Ogami is bad ass. I hope Sakura doesn't stop him from taking out the trash. I am so sick and tired of MC's who have this 'I won't kill you because you can be saved!!!" bs...
THIS^ that stuff gets really annoying
Old 2012-10-15, 03:08   Link #164
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

lol then Ogami rei = Yagami light?
Minus the blue flame and the death note.
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 08:14   Link #165
andromeda0201

I am totally enjoying Ogami's "Light" vibe!
Not sure how to feel about the OST, it does well during the tense moments but seems to go rather "Disney-like" at other times.
Also, is it true this series will only be 13 episodes? This episode was so full-on for explanation that everything else might be really rushed!
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 08:25   Link #166
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inujun View Post
I am totally enjoying Ogami's "Light" vibe!
And so i am. Hopefully, he won't turn into a douche in the end. Well, he is already quite a douche
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 10:51   Link #167
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I agree with Sakura that Ogami isn't doing the right thing. I also agree with the voices that a type of MC like this is a nice change of pace however.
Dengar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 11:13   Link #168
shinigami99

I like anti-heroes so I'm probably gonna keep watching this. Manga readers, how would you rate it(the manga)? I may actually start reading at some point (depending on how the this adaptation goes).
shinigami99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 14:59   Link #169
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Her Mother is that young looking girl wearing a hot school uniform while preparing breakfast?!!!
She looks younger than Sakura herself! Maybe "dad" has some secrets in store...

Anyways, second episode felt draggy, mainly during the school scenes. Besides the absurdity of the whole murderer/love misunderstanding (which shouldn't have been used more than once imo), it didn't offer anything to the characters, since Rei immediately crashes a Starbucks once they're outside, getting through the same point of killing all witnesses to keep his secret.

Yuki and the office folk didn't really get any time to DO something, so...waiting on ep3.

P.S: If I was Sakura, I would have called the police and avoided Rei like the plague.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 15:32   Link #170
Bern-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinigami99 View Post
I like anti-heroes so I'm probably gonna keep watching this. Manga readers, how would you rate it(the manga)? I may actually start reading at some point (depending on how the this adaptation goes).
Spoiler for I'm not going to spoil anything but put it in spoiler tags just in case:
Old 2012-10-15, 16:29   Link #171
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

You know I found it quite funny that Sakura has spent no effort whatsoever denying any of the allegations that she's interested in Ogami. Although it's hard to tell whether she's oblivious to them or just chooses not to humor them.
Dengar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 19:07   Link #172
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Apparently that's Sakura's job to be the one go 'DON"T KILL CUZ ITS BAD MMMKAY!'
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 20:04   Link #173
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
In real life, I'm in favour of going by the letter of the law. But here.... Here, the police wouldn't intervene, even though they knew these were murderers. On the other hand, the prime minister (I think that's who the man at the desk is) supports the code:breakers going and getting the job done. I hope and believe that isn't how the real world works, in most countries.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 23:57   Link #174
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Ogami makes the series interesting so far but Sakura's character is becoming annoying fast.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 21:21   Link #175
NK_500
Disabled By Request

From someone who never read the manga, all I can say it is good but unimpressive. I will see for some few episodes before I can finish it or drop it.

It seems that Autumn 2012 probably the season of bishounen action shows. Maybe that was a stretch but I did see it in that way. In comparison to other bishounen action shows I've seen, this one probably will stay in my watch list maybe lack of two guys blushing to each other....Yet.
NK_500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 22:03   Link #176
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inujun View Post
Also, is it true this series will only be 13 episodes? This episode was so full-on for explanation that everything else might be really rushed!
I'm surprised that everyone else is surprised by this. Most animes have been getting short, and most of the ones based off of mangas merely adaptations. If I'm noticing the trend correctly, most new anime seasons are adapted in order to fit into thirteen episodes, or at least into the season.

You have to be extremely, extremely popular like Naruto and Fairy Tail in order to get such long animes, and they probably started before this whole "fit animes into a season" thing began, which is why they can go on for so long. Kamijyo probably knew that the animes are cut down to only a handful of episodes, so s/he purposely rewrote the story in order to fit into the time frame. That's why the plot felt very rushed.
Old 2012-10-16, 22:25   Link #177
Richocet
Lover of Purity

As badass as Rei is right now, for some reason I really don't like his voice especially when he laughs...
Old 2012-10-17, 05:24   Link #178
Seiryuu

I'll admit I haven't seen much of this so far, but I find it ironic that I'd been whatching Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai and was thinking of asking for examples of '8th-grade-syndrome' anime...
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 06:20   Link #179
Insane
Banned

WTF IS GOING ON WITH CB ANIME...........

This show began to show its unfaithfulness from manga, and totally rip the plot apart. Why were Yukihina and Hitomi together in the first place?

Already watched the second episode?
Spoiler:

Another fact that I find strange. Anyone ever notice the official twitter of CB anime team? Apparently, they're using shitty cat persona to tweet...not to mention, they nickname the studio "Shibuya Mansion"...Why the heck would the anime production team do such thing when neither of them will probably be in the anime for sure? There's absolutely no way you can squeeze that shitty cat into the 13-episodes anime (and if they attempted, I'd find it even more weird. Make no sense. ._.")

...If Kamijo really is the one supervising this, then I'd really be surprised of why she would want her anime adaption to end before the manga again though. Wasn't it the same thing with SDK? (though I've never read nor watch SDK...I only heard the rumor of it).

But...if those changes are done because they want to end it fast, then I'll be extremely disappointed too. I just hope that they can work something out to at least make it decent though.

Last edited by Insane; 2012-10-17 at 06:33.
Old 2012-10-20, 22:23   Link #180
andromeda0201

This is turning out pretty enjoyable for me, I'm not a manga reader so just enjoying whatever the anime has to offer for it's 1-cour

Spoiler for Episode 3 thoughts:
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shonen, supernatural