Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-10-10, 04:30   Link #1
Anita-chan
Disabled By Request

help anita choose an anime

harlo,

ok so, ive just finished watchin FMA, HunterXHunter and DearS. im currently watching Aish. Baby, YuYu Hakusho and a bit of rizelmine (boring!)

i want a comdey kind of anime that you know will have some kind of emotional impact in the end .... like DearS, the main character (whatever his name is!) dislikes ren at first but ends up having to make a crucial decision....

how can i put this into words, something like grinding your teeth waiting for him to say that one answer ... perhaps, i love you, or something similiar along the lines...

isnt this called romantic comedy ? =.= i want chibi-ness tooooo.... kimi ga nozumu eien was good in plot but lacked anything cute for me to cling onto .. was too serious.

so i need suggestions for: cute, chibi, not too loud or extreme(excel saga), makes you want to shout at the tv and say, "say yes, say yes", make me kind of cry perhaps near the end where there will be a important decision to be made

^^ thank you
Old 2004-10-10, 05:26   Link #2
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Da Capo, Kanon, Mizuio, Ajimu Kaigan Monogatari, Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien, Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai and Natsuiro no Sunadokei

I reccomend these to everyone, some of the best anime around ive thought. Mizuio is a bit of bad quality, but watchable, and very enjoyable.
Old 2004-10-10, 05:35   Link #3
Anita-chan
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin
Da Capo, Kanon, Mizuio, Ajimu Kaigan Monogatari, Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien, Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai and Natsuiro no Sunadokei

I reccomend these to everyone, some of the best anime around ive thought. Mizuio is a bit of bad quality, but watchable, and very enjoyable.
ummm thansk for your reply, but could you elaborate a bit more, simply downloading something i dont knwo about except name is a bit concerning.
Old 2004-10-10, 07:24   Link #4
chImp

Tenshi no Komamaiki is pretty good I guess
Old 2004-10-10, 11:27   Link #5
CalamitiesEnd

You can watch Konomoni. Its abit of comedy with some more serious parts. It does have the chibi-ness and the emotinal end that you so enjoy so go grab it http://animesuki.com/series.php/366.html !
Your avatar is a scene that occurs and that part was real funny!
Old 2004-10-10, 11:58   Link #6
Anita-chan
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalamitiesEnd
You can watch Konomoni. Its abit of comedy with some more serious parts. It does have the chibi-ness and the emotinal end that you so enjoy so go grab it http://animesuki.com/series.php/366.html !
Your avatar is a scene that occurs and that part was real funny!
hehe thanks ^^ i was wonderign where sarcasteak got that avatar from ^^
Old 2004-10-10, 12:16   Link #7
bunnykun
What is, what is?

From your description i would believe that you would like Midori no Hibi, is about a girl who is in love with this guy, Seji Kawamura who is like known for beating up people, though the girls love is one-sided till she becomes his right hand...

Plus it has kawaii Midori!

Though it is licensed...
Old 2004-10-26, 19:14   Link #8
Robocop
Cepheus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita-chan
harlo,

ok so, ive just finished watchin FMA, HunterXHunter and DearS. im currently watching Aish. Baby, YuYu Hakusho and a bit of rizelmine (boring!)

i want a comdey kind of anime that you know will have some kind of emotional impact in the end .... like DearS, the main character (whatever his name is!) dislikes ren at first but ends up having to make a crucial decision....

how can i put this into words, something like grinding your teeth waiting for him to say that one answer ... perhaps, i love you, or something similiar along the lines...

isnt this called romantic comedy ? =.= i want chibi-ness tooooo.... kimi ga nozumu eien was good in plot but lacked anything cute for me to cling onto .. was too serious.

so i need suggestions for: cute, chibi, not too loud or extreme(excel saga), makes you want to shout at the tv and say, "say yes, say yes", make me kind of cry perhaps near the end where there will be a important decision to be made

^^ thank you
School Rumble is the way to go! Its bran spankin new so theres no silly catch up crap/.

Its romantic/chibi/funny is understatement!

Go check it out its here in the Suki torrent page I know for a fact you will like it! if you don't you are simply weird I like it and i'm not even mebt to be watching it i like this forum and im not even ment to be on here lol i like Naruto but i am ment to like that or my bro will kill me his name is shay. lol now hes definit;y going to kill me he told me not to tell anyone im his bro but this is a small thread so i think i can get away with it lol don't tell him i told you. XD
Old 2004-10-26, 22:11   Link #9
Mirai
Sata Andagi!

You know what. I enjoy watching romance anime.. but it drives me insane when the characters dont say they like eachother or what not. I cant take it.. it makes me want to scream.. Good for you though, because I have seen alot. I recommend, from first to last...

If you want to laugh, go for School Rumble. All of them have comedy except for Koi Kaze, but School Rumble does it like a star.

If you want to cry, Chobits, Midori no Hibi, or Koi Kaze.

School Rumble : Only 2 episodes out. Definately get this. Its so stinking great and funny, my face hurts when I watch it. Dont even ask for a description, its unliscened and available on animesuki.

Chobits : Guy finds abandoned robot type girl. Falls in love and stuff. Its got the emotional element you are looking for, plus cuteness, and drama. It should make you cry. Though, I cant say. Strongly recommended.

Midori no Hibi : A girl that really likes some guy, but is too shy to say, wishes to be close to him. They wake up the next day and she turns into his hand! Its touching and nicely done. Get this for sure.

Onegai Twins : A guy has a photo of himself and a girl from long ago. Two girls both have the same picture. One of them must be his relative. Both of them fall in love with him... Which one is related to him and cannot love him?

Da Capo : Go for this only once you have finished all the others. Didnt really like it as much =P

Koi Kaze : Well, this will either make you love it or hate it. A guy falls in love with a girl much younger than himself. Much younger. They find out later that they are related. Very emotional, but you might be disgusted by the description.
Old 2004-10-26, 23:16   Link #10
Amuse
BECK

School Rumble is good! so funny! I couldn't stop laughing in the first episode.
Old 2004-10-27, 06:19   Link #11
Budweineken
Crap

since you watch Yu Yu Hakusho and Hunter x Hunter you need to watch One Piece and Bleach...

other than that I recommend you watching some of the Onegai (teacher, twins)... Someday's Dreamers,
Elfen Lied (intense action and drama, but it does have cuteness you are looking for),
Crest of the Stars (and Banner of the Stars I and II)...
Chobits (you'll find it pretty similar to DearS)...
DNA2...
Love Hina...
BECK (no comedy, will probably have romance)...
DNAngel...
Tsukuyomi - Moon Phase-
3x3 Eyes
El Hazard

use anidb.net animenfo.com and animenewsnetwork.com for info and recommendations of similar anime
Closed Thread