AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-23, 22:47   Link #701
hung44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kait View Post
Funny words at the end of the episode ...

"Will i see you tomorrow??"
"See you again in the Red Night someday."

Second Season ?? ..

Also ... why the picture , at the end of the episode , is like ... blurred ? , only Kakeru and Yuka are OK in it ... ummm ... maybe because the rest are from other's worlds ?

p.d: Why the Dark Moon appears again ? ... ( When Kakeru see the sky almost at the end of the episode .. )
The Dark Moon is there because Liz isn't death.
hung44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-23, 23:26   Link #702
bereal31

WTF??

As an anime-only viewer, I am seriously outraged and confused at the last episode.

It's like as though there are like "oh rats, we messed up!" there is now no way to produce the ending since ep.11 showed the bad guy won and the world destroyed. I honestly thought ep.11 was the end, and 12 will be some sort of filler material. They did a time back or something, right back to the time she was first freed and now all the characters are together. Yuka and the dude are apparently on some bed in the middle of nowhere. Oh, and apparently when u can commit suicide, u can choose which one dies.
Spoiler:
And after some really confusing and messed up explanation about time/world travel that rivals that of Haruhi's in the sense of how messed it is. Yuka became
Spoiler:
And
Spoiler:

WTF??

Can any vn readers tell me what is going on? Is this an anime original ending?

Edit: The anime didn't tell me what's Dark Moon or Hellfall and all these other terms u vn guys are using. T.T
bereal31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 00:53   Link #703
hollowification

Send a message via MSN to hollowification
well i hope kakarui would be together with Misuzu cause i watched episode 11 what they did the deed and i hope next episode will show that kakarui comes back from breakthru lith body

but we will have to wait next episode
Old 2009-12-24, 01:21   Link #704
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdeath View Post
well i hope kakarui would be together with Misuzu cause i watched episode 11 what they did the deed and i hope next episode will show that kakarui comes back from breakthru lith body

but we will have to wait next episode
Kakeru. His name is Satsuki Kakeru.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 01:50   Link #705
hollowification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
Kakeru. His name is Satsuki Kakeru.
sorry kakeru well i hope he come thru in next episode what will he do please say get back with misuhu
Old 2009-12-24, 02:12   Link #706
Wrath88
Kissing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bereal31 View Post
WTF??

As an anime-only viewer, I am seriously outraged and confused at the last episode.

Edit: The anime didn't tell me what's Dark Moon or Hellfall and all these other terms u vn guys are using. T.T
As someone who JUST finished the entire game... I can tell you that:
1. It's been going off on its own around episode 2.
2. Like the other VN players said, it'd be a HELL lot better if they stuck to the original material.
3. You're not the only anime-only viewer who finds this series a piece of crap... playing the game parallel to my watching gives me the 'anime-only' perspective as well, and I hate what the staff has done.

Hellfall is the translation of Lizelotte's spell 'Naraku Otoshi', which is the entire purpose of the black moon... which the anime never explains why it is growing bigger...

Anyway, regarding the anime/game comparison thing Ichy is talking about, I'll get to that sometime. Been intending to since I started playing. Don't expect it to be too good, since it'll be my first time.

Last edited by Wrath88; 2009-12-24 at 05:00.
Wrath88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 03:11   Link #707
hollowification

but dont you think next episode would show kakeru returning and saving misuzu. i would like to cause u see she was in fact in love with him and doing you know the hole ....... thing with them
Old 2009-12-24, 04:00   Link #708
Bballmvp4

written from an anime only perspective:

I generally looked forward to this show week to week because I thought it had a ton of potential and it seemed better than other shows out this fall/winter.

I tend to be a fan of the "get thrown into another world" scenario because it leaves room for a lot of character development through different trials and obstacles that the characters must overcome.

The character development in 11 eyes is, in my own opinion, the biggest disappointment that i had while watching this series. The characters do "change" but I can't really say they grow.

As the protagonist, Kakeru gets confidence and power ups but what are we supposed to learn from his character? At the beginning of the series we know he protects Yuka both physically and emotionally. Its obvious he thinks very highly of her and places a high priority on her happiness. This relationship is the driving force for Kakeru to pursue strength. To protect Yuka he also invites other relationships as people he can lean on and borrow strength. Eventually it seems that while Yuka might still be a major priority she does not completely overshadow his new companions welfare. Yet at the end he jumps right back into the I want to save the world for the sake of Yuka's happiness. Forgiving a psychotic old friend/love interest because she's been around for a while is not the message that this show should be sending. Kakeru's climactic monologue during the final fight should have been more about preserving the friendship, fighting for the sake of the entire group and not just Yuka, and relying on all those people to reach a specific goal. It would have resulted in a message that one should branch out and learn from several people, grow from your experiences with them, and use all of that to increase your resolve/ability to succeed.

Yuka was an unfortunate character to watch. Im not really into feminism at all but I generally hate the "i want to do everything for the one I love and who cares about everybody else" character. as well as the "i dont do anything but scream/ damsel in distress" type of character too. I know she had powers but they didn't really help other than to be used as plot devices. If she didn't have Kakeru with her then oh my god, she wouldn't be able to go on. There is a way to make damsel in distress characters work but it seems like the writers didn't try here. People have thrown the word interesting around here and I would agree that she is interesting, but she's not appealing at all. I think the reason for that is she is unrelatable. People can't put themselves in her shoes and learn from her.

Misuzu was my favorite character because she was relatable. She had sympathy for Yuka (even though Yuka was a physical threat to her), compromised her own safety for others, and shared her power while helping to develop Kakeru. She was morally good, selfish only to a socially acceptable degree for teenage girls, and had a decent impact on the plot. I generally cared about what happened to her throughout the story. That being said, she also is a character who lacked development. It was unfortunate to see her reduced to such simplified actions at the end of the series. It would have been nice to see her confront Yuka at some point. "she's crazy, but i dont want to have any confrontations. Ill just ignore the razor blade in my cup."

Yukiko and Takahisa were minor characters. They weren't necessary to the plot. Any development here (there wasn't any) is just the writers being generous/needing to fill time.

I was really disappointed in the direction this series went. There was no epiphany by any of the characters. I tend to believe that if the characters are good the plot doesn't really matter. The plot is just a convention used to allow the audience to observe the characters. Thus with the weak character development, 11 eyes was a weak show.
Bballmvp4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 04:05   Link #709
AQZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bereal31 View Post
WTF??

It's like as though there are like "oh rats, we messed up!" there is now no way to produce the ending since ep.11 showed the bad guy won and the world destroyed. I honestly thought ep.11 was the end, and 12 will be some sort of filler material. They did a time back or something, right back to the time she was first freed and now all the characters are together. Yuka and the dude are apparently on some bed in the middle of nowhere. Oh, and apparently when u can commit suicide, u can choose which one dies.
Spoiler:
And after some really confusing and messed up explanation about time/world travel that rivals that of Haruhi's in the sense of how messed it is. Yuka became
Spoiler:
And
Spoiler:

WTF??

Actually, I was under the impression that everything that happened in episode 11 was one massive precognition from Kakeru. That's why it suddenly skipped back to the end of episode 10 at the beginning of episode 12.
Spoiler:

BTW:
Hellfall=The spell Lisellote was planning on using to end the world.
The black moon was a gate to hell, which grew bigger as the Hellfall spell grew closer to completion.
Hope that helped.
AQZT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 04:59   Link #710
Wrath88
Kissing...

Okay, after skimming through the anime again, I still think it sucks, but only because the game material is so much better. It has its merits for a 12 episode series, and I'll be listing them mixed with a bit of game-only information, which will of course be in spoiler tags.
Disclaimers: Japanese is average, so I was not able to get the more complex facets of the game, and I started this a few months back, so I might not be able to recall the starting parts of the game well. Also, first timer in writing a review, and I'm the sort of person who accepts anything that comes, so my judgement will be different from what you perceive. One more thing, the organization of this might be slightly confusing, since it's not easy combining everything. Saa, ikuyo~

The start we all know, Satsuki Kakeru and Minase Yuka end up in Red Night, no warning, meeting with monsters, and do their best to survive. That's the same in the game as well, except that gives more character development, the absence of which makes their relationship in the anime feel less real compared to the game version, but then again, its only 12 eps, and compression is inevitable. As for side characters Tadashi and Kaori, they're so loosely presented, they could just disappear and it wouldn't have made much of a difference. Comparison of the starter: Game focuses more on the desire to survive from the sudden shift in their lives, anime focuses more on the mystery of the Red Night.
Spoiler for game:

Then we get the Black Knights. I'm sure it's been mentioned a lot, but the first four, Gura, Acedia, Ira and Invidia, were all shown to be easily defeated. This is one of the things that might make the VN players cry blasphemy, but after I've gone through the VN, I realize it's actually a big hint as to their real nature, which were shikigamis of Superbia, Kusakabe Misao. Still, all those fights could use a little more oomph, it's saying a lot when I say that Gura's fight was the most exciting of the four in the anime. Note: Invidia's 'Kill me' in the anime is somewhat inconsistent, though the game explains it, AND has reason for it. As for the remaining two, Avaritia and Superbia... to be honest, the main thing we should concern ourselves with instead of the four imitations, they seem to lack conviction. The reason is because they wanted to stop the collection of the fragments, yet at the start, they're just watching. What the heck's with that? And in the end, they did one of those 'sacrifice for the greater good' thing, which, IMO, at least makes their earlier lack of will acceptable.
Spoiler for game:

After that, we get the Red Night Team intros. First, Kusakabe Misuzu, red hair onmyouji swordswoman with the skills to survive, followed by Hirohara Yukiko, genki girl with job history of child soldier, then Tajima Takahisa, pyrokinetic delinquent with emo and big eater tags. Finally, the mystery two, mute dere Tachibana Kukuri, who works with chains, and my fave loli, Momono Shiori, bad-mouthed and lacks much expression. I'm sure most of those who followed this thread knows that the order is different in the game, but the point I'm discussing is how these 5 are presented.

Not much of a problem with Misuzu, apart from how she suddenly switches from prim & proper to somehow having a thing for Kakeru.
Yukiko is also quite alright, with her fear of her darker self and losing her nakama, which prompts her to introduce the 'For friends & tomorrow' battle cry. The formation of her relationship with Takahisa has no problems either.
Takahisa, however, is another example of a quick switch. He starts off as a lone wolf, staying that way all the way up till the berserk issue. Feels a little sudden.
Now, as for Kukuri, there's a certain thing that was mentioned before, and this is one of the main factors that make the anime originality good. When Invidia turned up, she appeared in normal clothes DESPITE going to school in her uniform. But when I looked back through, she NEVER uses her chains in her uniform, hinting about the existence of fake Kukuri and Abraxas.
Shiori in the anime is deus ex(planation) machina, which is a bit too convenient. She's able to travel to different worlds, wtf. So hard to believe.
Spoiler for game:

Well, the anime storyline. I'm getting a little out-of-focus here, so I'll sum it up the best I can. It started off more like a mystery, but suddenly went into 'try to survive attacks', before switching to 'we'll cause the world to die', and finally ending at 'we survived'. A bit too fast, and the ending seems a little cliff-hangerish, in addition to the many unanswered questions left... like the various worlds thing, which the game forged a mystery about. In simple terms, the anime can be commended for these: It had an acceptable ORIGINAL plot that they stuck to, despite the failure to deliver it in a preferable way, and it had that mystery factor that could be used as an explanation for SOME of its plot shortcomings.
Spoiler for game:

Can't really think about much more to write, though I'll be happy to provide spoiler game info if anyone asks. It's a little tough trying to decide what to fit in.

Points to consider about the anime (in the order I recall them):
1. Doujigiri Yasutsuna is a life-draining sword, yet when Misuzu pulls it out at the end, she doesn't seem affected by it much; standing around without fighting has not much strain on her, even if spikes are sticking from her head.
2. Sometimes she needs to chant to take out a sword, other times she just pulls it out so easily... lack of consistency.
3. BIG point here: A fragment was so easily destroyed by just killing the holder... yet separating it 64 years ago doesn't do much to harm it? Inconsistent integrity.
4. Shiori said that Kukuri was the oldest while she traveled around... Kukuri by rights is in the same year as Misuzu...
5. Yuka gives up her yandere side so easily? You'd think Kakeru might be affected by the experience of having sex with Misuzu (even if it's not real)

Hope this helps.....

Last edited by Wrath88; 2009-12-24 at 05:11.
Wrath88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 11:34   Link #711
bereal31

See, my problem is that is no explanation whatsoever. It's like you are watching Lord of the Rings, one scene the ring destroyed, and the next scene, time back, the ring survived. You will be like WTF? They need to offer some sort of explanation, like "if Frodo broke a leg" or "if Golem got a jetpack", so I know what's going on, otherwise I will like the WTF? Same thing with this show, one episode, world destroyed, and the next the exact opposite with no explanation whatsoever.
bereal31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 17:55   Link #712
hung44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
Okay, after skimming through the anime again, I still think it sucks, but only because the game material is so much better. It has its merits for a 12 episode series, and I'll be listing them mixed with a bit of game-only information, which will of course be in spoiler tags.
Disclaimers: Japanese is average, so I was not able to get the more complex facets of the game, and I started this a few months back, so I might not be able to recall the starting parts of the game well. Also, first timer in writing a review, and I'm the sort of person who accepts anything that comes, so my judgement will be different from what you perceive. One more thing, the organization of this might be slightly confusing, since it's not easy combining everything. Saa, ikuyo~

The start we all know, Satsuki Kakeru and Minase Yuka end up in Red Night, no warning, meeting with monsters, and do their best to survive. That's the same in the game as well, except that gives more character development, the absence of which makes their relationship in the anime feel less real compared to the game version, but then again, its only 12 eps, and compression is inevitable. As for side characters Tadashi and Kaori, they're so loosely presented, they could just disappear and it wouldn't have made much of a difference. Comparison of the starter: Game focuses more on the desire to survive from the sudden shift in their lives, anime focuses more on the mystery of the Red Night.
Spoiler for game:

Then we get the Black Knights. I'm sure it's been mentioned a lot, but the first four, Gura, Acedia, Ira and Invidia, were all shown to be easily defeated. This is one of the things that might make the VN players cry blasphemy, but after I've gone through the VN, I realize it's actually a big hint as to their real nature, which were shikigamis of Superbia, Kusakabe Misao. Still, all those fights could use a little more oomph, it's saying a lot when I say that Gura's fight was the most exciting of the four in the anime. Note: Invidia's 'Kill me' in the anime is somewhat inconsistent, though the game explains it, AND has reason for it. As for the remaining two, Avaritia and Superbia... to be honest, the main thing we should concern ourselves with instead of the four imitations, they seem to lack conviction. The reason is because they wanted to stop the collection of the fragments, yet at the start, they're just watching. What the heck's with that? And in the end, they did one of those 'sacrifice for the greater good' thing, which, IMO, at least makes their earlier lack of will acceptable.
Spoiler for game:

After that, we get the Red Night Team intros. First, Kusakabe Misuzu, red hair onmyouji swordswoman with the skills to survive, followed by Hirohara Yukiko, genki girl with job history of child soldier, then Tajima Takahisa, pyrokinetic delinquent with emo and big eater tags. Finally, the mystery two, mute dere Tachibana Kukuri, who works with chains, and my fave loli, Momono Shiori, bad-mouthed and lacks much expression. I'm sure most of those who followed this thread knows that the order is different in the game, but the point I'm discussing is how these 5 are presented.

Not much of a problem with Misuzu, apart from how she suddenly switches from prim & proper to somehow having a thing for Kakeru.
Yukiko is also quite alright, with her fear of her darker self and losing her nakama, which prompts her to introduce the 'For friends & tomorrow' battle cry. The formation of her relationship with Takahisa has no problems either.
Takahisa, however, is another example of a quick switch. He starts off as a lone wolf, staying that way all the way up till the berserk issue. Feels a little sudden.
Now, as for Kukuri, there's a certain thing that was mentioned before, and this is one of the main factors that make the anime originality good. When Invidia turned up, she appeared in normal clothes DESPITE going to school in her uniform. But when I looked back through, she NEVER uses her chains in her uniform, hinting about the existence of fake Kukuri and Abraxas.
Shiori in the anime is deus ex(planation) machina, which is a bit too convenient. She's able to travel to different worlds, wtf. So hard to believe.
Spoiler for game:

Well, the anime storyline. I'm getting a little out-of-focus here, so I'll sum it up the best I can. It started off more like a mystery, but suddenly went into 'try to survive attacks', before switching to 'we'll cause the world to die', and finally ending at 'we survived'. A bit too fast, and the ending seems a little cliff-hangerish, in addition to the many unanswered questions left... like the various worlds thing, which the game forged a mystery about. In simple terms, the anime can be commended for these: It had an acceptable ORIGINAL plot that they stuck to, despite the failure to deliver it in a preferable way, and it had that mystery factor that could be used as an explanation for SOME of its plot shortcomings.
Spoiler for game:

Can't really think about much more to write, though I'll be happy to provide spoiler game info if anyone asks. It's a little tough trying to decide what to fit in.

Points to consider about the anime (in the order I recall them):
1. Doujigiri Yasutsuna is a life-draining sword, yet when Misuzu pulls it out at the end, she doesn't seem affected by it much; standing around without fighting has not much strain on her, even if spikes are sticking from her head.
2. Sometimes she needs to chant to take out a sword, other times she just pulls it out so easily... lack of consistency.
3. BIG point here: A fragment was so easily destroyed by just killing the holder... yet separating it 64 years ago doesn't do much to harm it? Inconsistent integrity.
4. Shiori said that Kukuri was the oldest while she traveled around... Kukuri by rights is in the same year as Misuzu...
5. Yuka gives up her yandere side so easily? You'd think Kakeru might be affected by the experience of having sex with Misuzu (even if it's not real)

Hope this helps.....
1 more point added to your 5 so

6. In ep 11, Raikiri were broken after taken a hit from Liz. But in ep 12, Karasumaru didn't.
In the anime, it takes the effort of the whole Index group to seal Liz but it's broken so easily just by letting her absorbing 1 fragment.
Spoiler for More comparison:
hung44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 23:24   Link #713
Lordray

Quote:
One More Anime Fault = They shown Kukuri with the chains in her uniform in the OP

My DA: http://rpg-no-zero.deviantart.com/
My FB: http://www.facebook.com/photos.php?id=1598149010
My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RPGNoZero?feature=mhum
Lordray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 10:51   Link #714
Wrath88
Kissing...

A pic featuring the Crossover people, though the main focus are on the non-loli main characters.

Spoiler for somewhat NSFW:
Old 2009-12-25, 10:54   Link #715
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Quote:
A pic featuring the Crossover people, though the main focus are on the non-loli main characters.

Spoiler for somewhat NSFW:
/r/ textless
Old 2009-12-25, 18:02   Link #716
scr
my sides are in orbit

Spoiler for Guuddo Endo:

(Off Topic) Nice new Animesuki banner, btw
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 19:43   Link #717
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Wow , the ending ... what was that ... oh well , as it was a cheap anime , i can say that it was an average/below anime ...
All the story about Yuka's world , 6 worlds , Kukuri , Shiori , Liselotte , Velad ....
Damn , i dunno what to say about this except that the ending suxxx lol
What an anime ... but Misuzu still my fav char ^^
Give it 5/10 .

Ow , an ova fanservice huh .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 03:38   Link #718
OkamiNoKaze

Oh well, they only rewound back one episode, it would have been cool to rewind all the way back to his Eye activating in Red Night the first time. could have made a whole second season, that follows the source a little better. it was still a pretty decent end.
Old 2009-12-27, 05:24   Link #719
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
little better. it was still a pretty decent end.
It was a big FUCK YOU to all game players
Old 2009-12-27, 07:33   Link #720
Wrath88
Kissing...

^Yes... That's why it deserves deleting.

Tags
eroge, seinen