AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-17, 10:54   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Character discussion - Ryou

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Ryou (Please don't confuse with her older twin sister Kyou) related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Clannad fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specific episode / chapter / game talk, there are other threads for that stuff.

Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whining and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favorite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won't be tolerated.
  • Discuss, not Chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel (#animeuki) on ZiRC.
  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use spoiler tags!Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2007-12-17, 11:04   Link #2
Takuto19
Yarrrr

Oh, a thread for Ryou, awsome heh.

Well to kick things off, does anyone else think they'll merge Ryou's arc with Kyou's arc when the time comes? Or will they just stick to Kyou's arc?
Old 2007-12-17, 12:32   Link #3
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takuto19 View Post

Well to kick things off, does anyone else think they'll merge Ryou's arc with Kyou's arc when the time comes? Or will they just stick to Kyou's arc?
I think they'll merge with Kyou, KyoAni wants to keep to the source material and that involves using as many of the side characters as possible. It wouldn't take very much time to give Ryou some love while transitioning to a full Kyou arc. Besides, if Ryou isn't covered with Kyou, there is no way she's going to be covered at all.

I mean, the Yukine scene wasn't necessary, but KyoAni decided to use her as a plot device. Ryou can plays the same role in the game anyway. No reason not to use her.

Anyone else looking forward to a hopeful Ryou+Kappei? I really liked that side arc.
Old 2007-12-17, 14:36   Link #4
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takuto19 View Post

They'll probably merge her in if they choose to do the full adaptation route. If they decide to cut character arcs (Tomoyo, merge Nagisa), then I think that they will just cut her all together.

Also, does anyone see similarities between Ryou and Tsukasa from Lucky Star?
Old 2007-12-17, 15:51   Link #5
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
YES!!!! THANK YOU!!! <3

I've been wanting to request a thread for Ryou but I didn't think she had enough involvement compared to Youhei.

I really do think that Ryou will be involved in Kyou since she doesn't have an arc per se, but more like someone who's too important to be just a minor character.

By the way, cutest girl in Clannad, thanks.
Old 2007-12-17, 18:47   Link #6
Shana

OH YES!!! It was time already!

For me, Ryou won't be part of Kyou's throught by (arc). She is a minor character and won't be a major one from day to night. She is only a part of the Clannad's comedy cast; KyoAni only did that scene of episode 4 because they CAN'T leave Tsukasa Ryou only playing up with the Fortune Cards.

Who could say Ryou, after all, could get her own thread?
Old 2007-12-17, 19:07   Link #7
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana View Post
Who could say Ryou, after all, could get her own thread?
I was fairly certain it would happen sooner or later

*cough*

That aside, Ryou caught my attention ever since i started watching this show. Its a real shame she is but a side character, because i would gladly see more of her and her fortune telling antics. Kinda sad to know she is out for Tomoya, but is destined to fail. Still remains as my favorite Clannad girl, though i can't help but feel this position might slip away with lack of meaningful screentime. Sadly, i can't imagine her doing well in this aspect.
Old 2007-12-17, 20:31   Link #8
Divini
Senpai!

Ryou is one of those friendly-friendly, smart-but-down-to-earth, easily-flustered girls who one would love to see a reaction from.

This makes it a pleasure to watch her antics when she does get her screentime.

I do sense something really bad will happen to her though. At this point, it's easy to tell that Kyou is trying to help her in regards to Tomoya. But... well, Kyou is the one that is part of the primary 5 females in the story.
Old 2007-12-17, 21:41   Link #9
telperionflower
I love clouds...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
By the way, cutest girl in Clannad, thanks.
Yep :]

She reminds me of Misuzu a lot, and Shiori a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
That aside, Ryou caught my attention ever since i started watching this show. Its a real shame she is but a side character, because i would gladly see more of her and her fortune telling antics. Kinda sad to know she is out for Tomoya, but is destined to fail.
Well, if I was Tomoya, I know who I'd choose *hits Tomoya on the head for his stupidity*
Old 2007-12-17, 21:45   Link #10
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

to say which girl is my fav in Clannad.....I think I would rather eat my own leg than choose.

but ever since that scene of her finding out her Onee-chan is "Bi", Ryou gets 2 thumbs up from me and a great big hug! Mind u theres also the rooftop scene, also the maid get up and not mention how soothing her voice is

so many super lovely adorable characters in this series makes one's mind boogle
Old 2007-12-17, 21:51   Link #11
telperionflower
I love clouds...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
to say which girl is my fav in Clannad.....I think I would rather eat my own leg than choose.

but ever since that scene of her finding out her Onee-chan is "Bi", Ryou gets 2 thumbs up from me and a great big hug! Mind u theres also the rooftop scene, also the maid get up and not mention how soothing her voice is

so many super lovely adorable characters in this series makes one's mind boogle
I must not have payed attention enough. When does Ryou find this out?
Old 2007-12-18, 03:33   Link #12
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
R
I do sense something really bad will happen to her though. At this point, it's easy to tell that Kyou is trying to help her in regards to Tomoya. But... well, Kyou is the one that is part of the primary 5 females in the story.
I don't think anything "bad" is going to happen to her - why would you think that Asides from getting heartbroken that is ... although Kyou is trying to help her, it is obvious her sister has feelings for Tomoya as well. Not like it is going to be any better for Kyou either - any girl that is not named Nagisa is bound to fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by telperionflower View Post
I must not have payed attention enough. When does Ryou find this out?
How could you have missed the awesome "Bi" joke in episode 2 ?
Old 2007-12-18, 04:15   Link #13
Divini
Senpai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I don't think anything "bad" is going to happen to her - why would you think that Asides from getting heartbroken that is ... although Kyou is trying to help her, it is obvious her sister has feelings for Tomoya as well. Not like it is going to be any better for Kyou either - any girl that is not named Nagisa is bound to fail.
Well, yes getting heartbroken eventually is probably going to be happen, but it's almost expected. I'm actually implying something worse...

Spoiler for my theory on it:
Old 2007-12-18, 04:29   Link #14
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Well, yes getting heartbroken eventually is probably going to be happen, but it's almost expected. I'm actually implying something worse...

I hope that happens (just for the drama )
Old 2007-12-18, 10:52   Link #15
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:

This is something I was thinking might actually be good to see but not too much drama. Nothing extreme, just enough to keep me glued to the screen but not too much that I'd feel I want to jump into my screen and slap the bad person. Then again this type of drama would most likely force me to side with one which again I would rather eat my own leg than choose one.

something that comes to mind is you don't wanna mess with Ryou or face the wraith of Onee-chan's super flying round house knicker flashing drop kick and super fyling object throw!
Old 2007-12-18, 15:24   Link #16
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

Wink

At start Ryou to me is only the little sister, fragile and innocent.

But two comments that Kyou made:

Spoiler for Kyou Comments:

Start a curiosity about her.

She maybe a secondary character, but we know more about her than Tomoyo.

The most funny moments Ryou is present, and she is the winner of avatars here, I think.
Old 2007-12-19, 10:51   Link #17
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I loved her since her first scene in episode 1, they crammed so many cute little actions in that 2 minutes. I've rewatched that part for the most number of times for my Clannad rewatching count.

She's similar to Nagisa, my favourite main, Ryou being my favourite side character. She's shy and innocent like Nagisa but approaches others and isn't too afraid to speak, moderated better than Nagisa. Just that she has to be a side character.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2007-12-19, 12:24   Link #18
Kristen
*Author

Quote:

Exactly. Watch School Days, you'll learn all about that.

It's a shame the Ryou will probably never get much of a chance with Tomoya, since she isn't a lead.
Old 2007-12-20, 07:22   Link #19
Chi-no
Light & Dark User

Too bad she isn't a lead in this anime. Very cute and innocent type-like ... Hehe.. Very interesting character.
Old 2007-12-20, 08:32   Link #20
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
Exactly. Watch School Days, you'll learn all about that.

It's a shame the Ryou will probably never get much of a chance with Tomoya, since she isn't a lead.
It's an insult to Tomoya putting him on the same level as that "human scum", despite him being an unorthodox "delinquent" and "human scum" is just your generic male schoolkid protagonist.

Spoiler for tagged just to be safe:

Finally, a thread for our beloved younger Fujibayashi twin. Ryou-chan is the sort of girl that just melts your heart everytime you see her have any reaction to anything.

And like her sister, she is equipped with over-the-knee stockings that further destroys brain cells, enhancing her moe aspects.

Negima fans would recognize her seiyuu Kanda Akemi (Asuna).
Closed Thread