AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-04-21, 22:41   Link #101
Spiggy
Invisible

Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
my next door neighbor did that once... ... and the picture quality went waay the hell down (even if the actuall screen is the same size) i dont really think it is worth it

unless he fucked up the setup (not that far beyond the realm of imagination.)
That may be the reason...hmm, fansubbed anime or just subbed anime in surround sound....*drools
Spiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 13:51   Link #102
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
you know... this title reminds me of a song..

Spoiler:

Quote:
just subbed anime in surround sound....*drools
hehe. my friend's speaker system for his computer far outshines the one for his TV.

(he has found the resonant frequency for his room....)

unfortunatly his screen sucks the big one, so i dont watch stuff at his house.
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 22:25   Link #103
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

I have been having trouble with my DVD drive not running my DVDs, or anything else. I just tried again, and when I ejected my DVD after it failed again, it spit out two disks...
Slade xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 22:46   Link #104
Sakaki
Watakushi wa heiki desu!

Send a message via AIM to Sakaki
Wow, that must be one of those new fangled DVD copiers.

Not too long ago sombody at work wanted me to reformat and restore thier computer, so while I was doing so, it kept asking for the windows cdrom, which was in the cd drive. I kept opening it and looking at it, untill about the 3rd time when I realized that the windows cd had another cd stuck to it. Poped them apart and everything seemed to work beter.
Sakaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-23, 10:43   Link #105
Taboo
Riceball!

Send a message via Yahoo to Taboo
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
alot of you seem to connect your PC to ya TV... why?
My video card has a DVI output and the quality is still awesome with the LCD screen TV. In fact, when someone comes over that hasn't seen the TV before, and they want to see how the picture is, I often choose a fansub from the comp since the picture is so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiggy
hmm, fansubbed anime or just subbed anime in surround sound....*drools
*nods* My reciever can simulate surround but its not as good. The Metropolis DVD has actual DTS on the Japanese audio and it was great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade xTekno
YOu have never watched anime in your underwear? Shame...
T-shirt and panties fairly often. I can admit it.
Taboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-23, 11:04   Link #106
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo
*chokes*

Quote:
My video card has a DVI output and the quality is still awesome with the LCD screen TV. In fact, when someone comes over that hasn't seen the TV before, and they want to see how the picture is, I often choose a fansub from the comp since the picture is so good.
i personally would chose D eve Misaki chronicles from AF-F. they recorded in 1024x768. may not be a great series but i believe that that is the best quality you can find...
Old 2004-04-23, 12:13   Link #107
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade xTekno
YOu have never watched anime in your underwear? Shame...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo
Since both my monitor and television are situated so that I can watch both from bed, I'd say about 75% of the time I'm in bed while watching anime (warm, comfy blankets...) Given that, the underwear thing is kinda easy.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-23, 14:29   Link #108
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

hehe... my computer is downstairs, and my bed upstairs.

i watch with a sweatshirt if it is cold. in socks if it is really cold.
Old 2004-04-23, 16:25   Link #109
Sakaki
Watakushi wa heiki desu!

Send a message via AIM to Sakaki
It would be really cold if all you have on are socks.
Sakaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 19:31   Link #110
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

So how do you watch your anime? With or without headphones? Lights off or on?

Just wondering if anyone's like me or how the watch their anime...Generally I watch all my anime with headphones on...For as long as I remember I've always lived or been in places where watching anime extremely loud on speakers wasn't something I could do freely...Whether it was in college because I had roomates or in my apartment (or family home) where really loud music could be a prob with neighbors I pretty much strap on the SONY or MAXWELL air-tight earphones and rock-it...I'd love to listen to it on surround sound super-loud (which I have done on occassion especially when I have company over), but really can't like I want to so being able to blast my ear-drums off with headphones is what I do the most(Remember connecting straight to the cpu sucks...even powered speakers can be too low at times...I use a reciever and amp most times with powered headphones to boot)...

As for watching anime I'd say I watch 80% of everything in the dark (Besides being simply better to me...It makes the colors more vibrant...I doubt that I'm the only one who enjoys this thus dispelling the freakyness of watching so much in the dark) Now I watch anime on TV in the daytime at random, but all the new series I watch each week I usually watch them at night before I goto bed...(Don't think I've ever watched a Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Gundam new episode not this way)...When I'm by my friend's house I find it irritating when watching anime programs with a
2000 watt light-bulb scorching my retinas...Often times I just act like an a$$ and turn them off anyways without permission...I'm really a complulsive when it comes to this...sometimes I'm even shocked by how much...

So basically tell me how you like to watch your anime and the little nuances that makes your way the most enjoyable...Headphones or not, Light or Dark?
Old 2006-01-31, 19:33   Link #111
Rachy
Disabled By Request

No headphones and dark, always.

But day time TV anime .. of course its light >.>
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 19:42   Link #112
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Lights on, headphones on.

Unless it's in a club, in which case it's lights off, large speakers.
Old 2006-01-31, 19:43   Link #113
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

I always watch with the lights on and I don't use headphones. I usually sit on a chair when watching subbed anime since it's easier to read and watch that way, but it doesn't matter when I'm watching a dubbed one.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 19:57   Link #114
techiet
Shiori~

Send a message via AIM to techiet Send a message via MSN to techiet
Sitting down on a chair in the dark with headphones on~
Sometimes with the lights on. It's like I'm in my own little world~
Old 2006-01-31, 20:01   Link #115
jedinat

Lights off, with my rather nice 2.1 speakers. I cover up the annoying LED lights on my desk and sit in my computer chair, reclined. Watch it on a 22 inch monitor from about 2 feet away.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 21:02   Link #116
Vicke

Headphones in the dark or with some daylight, I cant stand having a reflection on the screen.
Vicke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 21:15   Link #117
ayyo

Light on always. Speakers 99% of the time unless for whatever reason I want to hear it loud, then headphones.

I have that screen protector thing or whatever that supposely minimizes the damages to your eyes. I don't know if its that or something else causing it but when I have the lights off, the glare from screen hurts like a bitch.
ayyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 21:49   Link #118
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat
Lights off, with my rather nice 2.1 speakers. I cover up the annoying LED lights on my desk and sit in my computer chair, reclined. Watch it on a 22 inch monitor from about 2 feet away.
Heh, that's just about exactly the opposite of the warnings at the beginning to most anime

Anyways...depending on when I watch...

Either sitting in my semi-comfortable computer chair with the lights on, or in my bed with the lights off. It's also dependant on if I am watching fansubs or my actual DVDs, if it's subbed it'll probably be in the chair, dubbed in my bed :P
Old 2006-01-31, 22:09   Link #119
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^I never pay-attention to those warnings...I actually would welcome a seizure...If an anime can mess me up like that it would immediatley enter my top 5...

BTW i know all about those semi-comfortable chairs...they become less comfortable the longer you sit in them ...

Wow alot of people like the light...Guess I'm a vampire...
Old 2006-01-31, 22:19   Link #120
ImperialPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayyo
I don't know if its that or something else causing it but when I have the lights off, the glare from screen hurts like a bitch.
Yes same. =( I need the lights on or else the screen just burns.

And earphone too cause at dorm in my little closet room with paper thin walls. -__- At home it's speakers tho. (missing it already)
ImperialPanda is offline   Reply With Quote