AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-05-06, 03:40   Link #21
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Like one poster said, it's going nowhere. I'm still going to watched it if it is subbed, though. That's why I asked about it.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-31, 16:09   Link #22
Tsubie
L-E Staff Translator
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Tsubie
Hello people,
We, Live-eviL, have just released another episode of Gallery Fake with Ideology fansubs. Please download it via BT and tell us what you think about it in here and/or in our forums and look forward to episode 5!

Now for the negative part, we're currently lacking translation aid for this series. Gallery Fake is one of those series with lots of vocabulary about art and legal issues so it's necessary that we have a translator with exceptional skills in the language of Japanese. The translation demand being high, the translator not only needs to have an extremely solid grasp of the language, with knowlede beyond normal 2nd or 3rd year Japanese at college, but must have some previous experience in translating. S/he must also be willing to do the necessary reseach required for accurate translation.

We also need other staff like timers, editors, etc. to continue the series, but those posts could only be filled provided we have a dedicated translator to continue the series. If you are a Japanese speaker who meets the above criteria or if you know someone who does and would like to see us continue subbing beyong episode 5, please lend us your translation aid. In that case, you may contact our leader gumbaloom:

Forum name: gumbaloom
AIM: gumbaloom
mail: gumbaloom@live-evil.org

Or you can talk to him in our IRC channel: #live-evil@enterthegame.com. He's normally there by the name of Professor_Goomba.

Please keep note that if help isn't found by the time we release episode 5, we plan to drop it.

Thank you for supporting us all this time.

-Tsubasa
(Live-eviL Staff Translator)

Last edited by Tsubie; 2006-08-01 at 04:12.
Tsubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-18, 19:43   Link #23
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

When I saw the torrent for the English sub of Gallery Fake episode 05 yesterday morning, I almost did a spit-take while sipping my mug of coffee. It's been almost seven months since I saw the previous episode of Gallery Fake (the ep04 sub by spectre-anime on my harddrive was created in January 20th 2006)! When I first saw this anime over a year and a half ago, I commented I liked it, and after episode 05, I still do. I see this anime as the adventure and intrigues of Mr. Fujita & Ms. Halifa in the world of art and culture, and the episodes are their stories. It's interesting to see the sharp wits of Fujita at work in the tales so far. And Sara-chan is cute, thanks to the VA's performance. I have a strong disdain for the vast majority of anime openings and endings, or more specifically, of their music. But this is one of the exceedingly rare animes with an opening (1st OP) that I actually am willing to experience more than once. I like the OP because it is fresh, and also partially because it significantly differs from the usual fare that consists of excessively bright and sentimental lyrics often about the overly chosen and hackneyed subject of love. Ugh, I so immensely loath that kind of music. Anyways, I'm bummed when I saw at Live-eviL's front page that episode 05 just might be the last Gallery Fake sub they'll do. I sincerely wish the best of luck to your group in finding a fitting translator for the job, hopefully sooner rather than later, if ever.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 04:06   Link #24
Grv
宜しく
*Fansubber

Gallery Fake Episode 06 now released from MUJI, the Gallery Fake revival project.

Take a look for it on the front page
Old 2007-05-10, 17:22   Link #25
el
Slave to the D:

And, along with the above, ep 7 as well is released.
el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 18:10   Link #26
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
This brings back memories of the season where Jinki Extend, Xenosaga and...uh...Sukisyo aired. I was going to try it, but since it wasn't being subbed, I sort of forgot about it. I may try now, though.
Old 2007-05-25, 18:08   Link #27
mashimaro_boy

I love the drama of this series!

Thanks MUJI for picking this up, thanks Live-eviL and Ideology for all the past episodes <3
mashimaro_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 13:37   Link #28
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

I had to do a double take when I saw Gallery Fake was moving again.

I'll be looking forward to future releases.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-30, 06:33   Link #29
Blue_Mage
Editor and QCer of d00m
*Fansubber

Except for episode 9, because it's terrible. Terrible I tell you. -_-
Blue_Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 01:09   Link #30
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

9 is terrible? What about 8? It appears that the animation team was replaced by gorillas. And the writing staff was replaced by chipmonks.

And it wasn't even about art!

Now you tell me that 9 is also going to suck? I'm depressed.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 07:34   Link #31
Blue_Mage
Editor and QCer of d00m
*Fansubber

No, it's not going to get better yet. The story—if you could call such a haphazard construction an actual story—was terrible, implausible and frequently wrong. It made me cry. I think it made the ancient Mayans cry. Or Aztecs. Because they're apparently the same group of people...

And runpsicat says 10 isn't going to be much of an improvement.
Blue_Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 00:06   Link #32
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I am very unhappy to hear that the animation studio was replaced by trained animals.

Were these episodes original to the anime or was the mangaka replaced with a chimpanzee?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 21:59   Link #33
runpsicat
Engrishator
*Fansubber

Both are from the manga. 32 volumes of it were published, so they don't really have any reason to invent their own episodes. Who knows why they chose such works of staggering mediocrity over the more worthy ones...
Old 2007-09-15, 16:25   Link #34
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Just wondering but does the quality from the opening few eps get back on track ep 10 onwards? Or did they leave the zoo in charge?
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 07:11   Link #35
runpsicat
Engrishator
*Fansubber

Ah, you posted with good timing. Episode 11 was a lot better, with nary a blue jade dinosaur statuette to be seen. Episode 12 looks a little suspect (likening Fujita to Ophelia?), but we'll see. ^^; I finished my exams, so the project should begin moving again. Sorry for the hiatus.
Old 2008-08-24, 09:27   Link #36
strategos

Hmmm, I was checking the new episode list, and saw this. IT has already been sub to episode 20. How good is it so far?^^

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-28, 19:42   Link #37
Aquillion

I haven't watched it in a while (I've been meaning to catch up), but from what I saw it reminds me slightly of Phoenix Wright, only focused on art instead of law. If you like that then you might like it.

Apparently it sort of collapses later on, from what other people are saying, but I haven't watched up to that point yet...
Aquillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 00:33   Link #38
Lady_Noremon

Send a message via AIM to Lady_Noremon Send a message via MSN to Lady_Noremon Send a message via Yahoo to Lady_Noremon
I just wanted to say that I really love that you guys took-up fansubbing this :3

I also wanted to suggest updating the [MUJI] website address in the Anime-Suki group information ^^;
Lady_Noremon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 12:51   Link #39
ricaryx

ZOMG! An update!! Thank you Muji subs!!
ricaryx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 09:15   Link #40
Grv
宜しく
*Fansubber

Gallery Fake now complete!

On a related note, I love runpsicat!