AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-16, 21:47   Link #1921
Sixth
Hu Tao

Nakai must be the writer's favorite character to humiliate. Nakai progressively became worse and worse in each chapter. Do he really think that a hot girl would fall on him when he has no look or money?

Last edited by Sixth; 2011-04-16 at 22:02.
Old 2011-04-16, 22:00   Link #1922
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

...did Hiramaru just ditch his Porsche when it was still running?
Old 2011-04-16, 22:13   Link #1923
Xion Valkyrie

Well, he has to hit rock bottom.
Old 2011-04-16, 22:16   Link #1924
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Well, he has to hit rock bottom.
rock bottom is when hits the bottom of tokyo bay in a pair of brand new cement shoes.
Old 2011-04-17, 01:27   Link #1925
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Honestly, this chapter really made me facepalm. Nakai getting worse and worse, getting beat up like that, now calling out Aoki drunk and leading to some battle-manga cliched ending with the opponent spewing your typical "I won't let you lay a hand...." yada, yada, yada. I felt this was good until the mid-point. Then it just tumbled downhill. The authors just completely me took me out of the manga with that last ridiculous scene.
It made sense to me. Nakai tried his best in the beginning, only to have nothing work while everyone around him enjoyed a pretty steady rise. Having gathered the courage to return, he then had his own conscience, which took a lot of courage and time to reappear, lose him his job and privileges. In that sense, it's not like he's totally pathetic this time, the Nanamine thing was almost just a bad thing happening to a sort-of-good person. The only thorn that's still annoying me was his horrid sexism. It's also quite understandable for someone so used to failure to be fatally opportunistic.

Hiramaru is a totally inexperienced idiot with no sense of romance or sociality, while Nakai is just plain drunk and out of his mind. Of course they'd act silly.
Old 2011-04-17, 01:35   Link #1926
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Fukuda offered him a chance to rise again, or at least regain his former status, and he turned him down sooo easily
Quote:
Nakai must be the writer's favorite character to humiliate
I've been thinking this a lot lately :P
Old 2011-04-17, 01:40   Link #1927
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
It made sense to me. Nakai tried his best in the beginning, only to have nothing work while everyone around him enjoyed a pretty steady rise. Having gathered the courage to return, he then had his own conscience, which took a lot of courage and time to reappear, lose him his job and privileges. In that sense, it's not like he's totally pathetic this time, the Nanamine thing was almost just a bad thing happening to a sort-of-good person. The only thorn that's still annoying me was his horrid sexism. It's also quite understandable for someone so used to failure to be fatally opportunistic.
It wasn't his conscience that lost him his job. It was his going behind his boss' back to pathetically plead the net to let him keep his position by performing better. Not that he was going to last long anyway. Nanamine'd already lost, by that point.

Quote:
Hiramaru is a totally inexperienced idiot with no sense of romance or sociality, while Nakai is just plain drunk and out of his mind. Of course they'd act silly.
Yeah, the inside of Hiramaru's mind must be a strange place. Makes me wonder how he lasted so long as a salaryman.
Old 2011-04-17, 01:43   Link #1928
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:

well it is a manga and in these are the sort of actions that earn character brownie points in the romance dept.
Old 2011-04-17, 04:53   Link #1929
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Did we read the same chapters? Nakai has been consistently pathetic and obnoxious since he came back. The only reason he even came back wasn't to pursue his dream again, it was to get it on with some cute assistants. He accepted to work for Nanamine only after hearing there'd be female assistants working under him.

As Anh_Minh already said, he lost his job not because of his conscience (which quickly disappeared after eating some pizza), but because he went behind his boss' back. And why did he go behind his back? Because he was scared his current life of eating pizza and ordering girls around all day would come to an end. He is not a sort-of-good person anymore. He's a total dirtbag now.
Old 2011-04-17, 09:42   Link #1930
Otani-kun
Beta Tester

Send a message via MSN to Otani-kun
Nakai's been getting fatter, more obnoxious, and even more obsessed with girls. The writer made him completely unredeemable. xP

He's now a character that you love to hate, you just want bad things to happen to him because he cant make the right choice anymore anyway. Still, I hope they'll move on from this soon and back to manga. Nakai's pathetic, we get it already. ;<
Old 2011-04-17, 10:35   Link #1931
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

The worst thing is, we can't even wish for him to be a mangaka again either, 'cause you know he'll only be worse if he's the actual boss. A sexual harassment case waiting to happen.
Old 2011-04-17, 11:01   Link #1932
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Anyone think Mashiro will try to persuade Takagi that Nakai can become good again, with a Naruto/Sasuke argument? Just thinking about it makes me
Quote:
Still, I hope they'll move on from this soon and back to manga.
Apparently PCP's really good, although my interest in it has dropped the past month or two.
Old 2011-04-17, 11:06   Link #1933
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Well, there's still that second series they've got to try.
Old 2011-04-18, 03:31   Link #1934
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Nakai got what he deserved in this chapter. I hope we don't get to see him again after Hiramaru kicks his ass (and I hope more than anything else that he and Aoki get together after this cuz he really deserves it).
Old 2011-04-18, 03:45   Link #1935
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Rereading Bakuman, I remembered a plot thread... Iwase wanted a second series, about romance. And she was rather interested in Nakai. Maybe she could keep him in line? Then again... probably not. Plus, as antagonistic as she's been in the past, I rather like her, and I can't see Nakai being anything but a major pain.
Old 2011-04-18, 04:01   Link #1936
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Rereading Bakuman, I remembered a plot thread... Iwase wanted a second series, about romance. And she was rather interested in Nakai. Maybe she could keep him in line? Then again... probably not. Plus, as antagonistic as she's been in the past, I rather like her, and I can't see Nakai being anything but a major pain.
I'd rather not see, hear or know anything about Nakai after Hiramaru kicks his ass He reduced himself to being a drunkard stuck in the past and proved it when he went after Aoki after he hit the lowest point of his misery. I'm quite certain that even Iwase would be turned off by the sight of him. She wants someone who'se brilliant and upright, like Takagi. Nakai's the polar opposite: unaccomplished, obese, untalented and now a drunkard.
Old 2011-04-18, 07:28   Link #1937
Otani-kun
Beta Tester

Send a message via MSN to Otani-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
untalented
Nakai? How many times has it been that people said his backgrounds and art is one of the best?
Old 2011-04-18, 07:30   Link #1938
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otani-kun View Post
Nakai? How many times has it been that people said his backgrounds and art is one of the best?
I meant that in the sense that he's not good when it comes to creating his own work. He's a talented artist, but not very good at storytelling/making his own work so as a mangaka, he's got a lot of holes that need filling up.
Old 2011-04-18, 08:01   Link #1939
Xagzan

Quote:
I meant that in the sense that he's not good when it comes to creating his own work. He's a talented artist, but not very good at storytelling/making his own work so as a mangaka, he's got a lot of holes that need filling up.
I think they've all been filled up with cheese and pepperoni by now
Old 2011-04-18, 09:58   Link #1940
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Which would work with Iwase, who's an author and not an artist. Except (yes, I like arguing both sides...):
- his figure drawing isn't up there, apparently.
- she's not looking for a yes-man. She's looking for someone smart enough to argue with her on the literary merits of her stories.

So, hm, Iwase x Niizuma OTP?
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, shounen