AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sakurasou

Notices

Old 2012-11-12, 09:57   Link #781
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
By the way are you sure that this novel is gonna end at volume 12?
Unless the Author changes his mind- Yes we're sure.

Though technically it's Volume 10, since two of them are side stories.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 16:07   Link #782
kyouray
2D > 3D

Staff for upcoming episodes (6-9) though I haven't found any proof of this list found on 2ch (I updated with today episode 6's credits).
This 2ch staff list seems to coincide with today's episode 6 so I guess it may be safe to post it after all :
Quote:
Episode 6 :
Script : Michikou Itou
Episode Director & storyboard : Kaoru Suzuki, Atsuko Ishizuka
Animation Director : Hiroshi Tomioka

Episode 7 :
Script : Hajime Kamoshida (original creator & ep 3)
Storyboard : Shigehito Takayanagi

Episode 8 :
Script : Jukki Hanada
Storyboard : Atsuko Ishizuka

Episode 9 :
Script : Fumihiko Shimo (ep 5)
Storyboard : Yuuichi Nihei
There were 7 others animation directors for episode 6 but Hiroshi Tomioka was the chief animation director and it's kinda obvious with the gorgeous hair art this episode delivered :
Spoiler for Screenshots from episode 6:

Atsuko Ishizuka wasn't planned in this 2ch list but she was credited as episode director and storyboard with Kaoru Suzuki. Same for Hiroshi Tomioka for episodes 4 & 6 so maybe they're having some schedule problems... That would explain the number of 8 animation directors today. I think he may be involved in other episodes since episodes directors & animation directors aren't fixed yet.

Shigehito Takayanagi is doing storyboard of episode 7 (and maybe direction). He should be famous as The World God Only Knows director and he's well known for his great sense of comedy. He also has a good feeling of motion generally and he often worked with Atsushi Wakabayashi (one of the best episode director of Naruto with Toshiyuki Tsuru) who directed animation of some of his episodes from old series like Ninku or Popolocrois Monogatari. I expect something nice & fun.
Episode may be also interesting with Atsuko Ishizuka and a solid screenwrither who's Jukki Hanada.
Episode 9 is done by Yuuichi Nihei but I don't much know Yuuichi Nihei though I remember his Ano Natsu de Matteru episodes (2, 5 & 10) were pretty good and touching. He mainly did storyboards (nearly a hundred) and not much direction (his last episode was Shuffle 4) so we'll probably have an episode director since it's still undecided.

Last edited by kyouray; 2012-11-12 at 17:07.
kyouray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 16:49   Link #783
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
Staff for upcoming episodes (6-9)....
The hits just keep on coming. I am really admiring Ishizuka Atsuko's work. Episode 6 just seemed to flow smoothly by and was over before I realized it. Then I discovered she had been involved in the storyboarding and directing. Hard to say who's responsible for what, of course, but I so admired episode one, which she storyboarded and directed, that I have this idea that she has the subtle knack of managing a show's flow and rhythm to make it work. I'm really looking forward to ep8, when she will work with Hanada Jukki.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 16:58   Link #784
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
I think he may be involved in other episodes since episodes directors aren't fixed yet.
Yeah,I was thinking the same thing,they must be really on short schedule here.Hopefully that won't have too much of a negative impact.

As for Kaoru Suzuki and Atsuko Ishizuka being cocredited, Suzuki was also credited with directing Psycho-Passepisode 5 that just aired this week so maybe he was just too busy and Ishizuka had to step in and help out (that's just baseless speculation though).

Also after handling three of the first four episodes herself Okada is handing off episodes to other writers,nothing out of the ordinary for a two cour show though,but there's quite a good team of veteran writers working on this.
Old 2012-11-12, 17:34   Link #785
kyouray
2D > 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
The hits just keep on coming. I am really admiring Ishizuka Atsuko's work. Episode 6 just seemed to flow smoothly by and was over before I realized it. Then I discovered she had been involved in the storyboarding and directing. Hard to say who's responsible for what, of course, but I so admired episode one, which she storyboarded and directed, that I have this idea that she has the subtle knack of managing a show's flow and rhythm to make it work. I'm really looking forward to ep8, when she will work with Hanada Jukki.
I haven't watched yet this episode but I know what you mean. Atsuko Ishizuka is a talented director who has unique style and the first episode was sure great. She is an unusual director since she doesn't have the usual anime background, you may have already read it but this article introduces a little her past. Plus she seems to have good connections so maybe we'll have some nice guests. I hope she will do more episodes. Same for Katsushi Sakurabi though it's an other style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Yeah,I was thinking the same thing,they must be really on short schedule here.Hopefully that won't have too much of a negative impact.
As for Kaoru Suzuki and Atsuko Ishizuka being cocredited, Suzuki was also credited with directing Psycho-Passepisode 5 that just aired this week so maybe he was just too busy and Ishizuka had to step in and help out (that's just baseless speculation though).
Also after handling three of the first four episodes herself Okada is handing off episodes to other writers,nothing out of the ordinary for a two cour show though,but there's quite a good team of veteran writers working on this.
Yeah let's cross fingers but I have faith with this staff.
I haven't noticed for Psycho-Pass but that may explain indeed. You're right about writers, it's a competent team.
Old 2012-11-12, 18:08   Link #786
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

I somehow admire that kind of (anime) dedication about remembering what each production staff member did; same for the many different VAs Whenever I watch an episode all I pay attention to (other than the story) is whether it was entertaining or not, so I couldn't even state one name (in case of VAs) freely nor recognize the past projects/works of the staff members. Like a blank/white book

Anyway, I'm more interested in how much the show remains enjoyable over two seasons for me. I'm fine with new characters as long as they don't feel "forcefully" added just to have more (like for example with normal ecchi-harems where you think "all seats are full, so why was *insert character* added at this point/at all"). The heavily (negatively) biased pessimist in me might say: More characters = more drama = more facepalm. But, since I've been fine with the story elements so far I can "calmly" sit back and wait.
Old 2012-11-12, 18:10   Link #787
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Yeah,I was thinking the same thing,they must be really on short schedule here.
Unfortunately, iffy scheduling isn't uncommon for the studio these days. Last season, the same production producer was in charge of Joshiraku (first project in that position), which reached some extremes that I've never seen before. Also unusual for J.C.STAFF, every episode was produced in-house, although they recently did this for Ano Natsu de Matteru and Yumekui Merry too.

Perhaps problems on Joshiraku have impacted Sakurasou (the teams seem to share several of the same animation directors), or it's just how the producer is managing schedules.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 18:20   Link #788
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Oh cool I get an excuse to fanboy about Ishizuka Atsuko again (for like the 5th time in this thread!,never get tired of it)

She's the reason I really got intrigued in this,I was looking forward to her TV directorial debut but never expected it to be a LN adaptation at JC staff,I was expecting some experimental noitamina anime at madhouse

She's spent years at Madhouse leaning under the likes of Morio Asaka and Masayuki Kojima,she notably was assistant director of NANA.
Here's an interview about a Chihayafuru episode she storyboarded here and here

And here's her website: http://aaoxx.lolipop.jp/web/ where there's a part where she sometimes answers comments,looks like she said a while back she was really excited about ep 4,6 and 8

Last edited by totoum; 2012-11-12 at 18:34.
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 00:17   Link #789
starlol

Doesn't that mean ep7 is going to have some huge changes(creator in charge of ep7)?
Old 2012-11-14, 07:19   Link #790
kazzuya13

Then I can probably assume that this will be a 24 episode anime with a AOD episode. Just like Toradora
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 05:47   Link #791
totoum
Me at work

Preview time:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

That imouto has got some pretty wild imagination ,couple that up with Mashiro and I'm sure we're going to get some fun missunderstandings.
Old 2012-11-16, 05:58   Link #792
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Oh yeah, it's at that point Mashiro keeps referring to Sorata as her 'Kainushi' to everybody that asked about their relationship

"Dai~ suki na Onii~chan♥!"
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 10:06   Link #793
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

I'm going to post in here since I personally don't get quite enough out of this show to post opinions weekly.

Overall it's a charming series, and I can look over my dislike for "out-of-the-blue fanservice", since it's a less serious comedy show. As such though, the serious moments don't really connect with me, or at least to the point where I feel like I'm genuinely invested into what's happening.

Right now, I'm just enjoying it for what it is, nothing more.
Old 2012-11-18, 11:52   Link #794
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I recently picked up this show, and am through the first six episodes.

I admittedly do find it a bit too fanservice-heavy at times, but much like papermario, the generally lighthearted/comedic feel of the show makes those scenes less problematic for me. Plus, a couple of those scenes genuinely are pretty creative (such as the "modeling in boxers" scene from Episode 2).

The more serious elements of this show have a real nuance to them, and I can see the careful thought in the writing behind it. The show gives me that "cut or two above typical romcom" feeling, similar to what AnoNatsu did.

The show isn't my favorite of the season, but it's a nice compliment to other shows that I am watching. It's reasonably thoughtful and thought-provoking in its characters and presentation, but it's more down-to-Earth and relaxing than either Psycho-Pass or Shin Sekai Yori (my two favorite shows of the season). It also has more intellectual heft to it than Little Busters!, imo, at least so far.

So it has a good, overall balance between comedy and drama, lighthearted and serious, eccentric and down-to-Earth.
Old 2012-11-18, 18:26   Link #795
Itlandm
Porcupine

Actually, this is my favorite show this season. I don't watch much anime anymore, so it was by sheer coincidence I came across it. It made me smile so much. It is something I really don't understand, why the "pantsu" anime so often seem the most heartwarming. This is certainly the case here. This may sound really weird, but I feel a great deal of warmth, brightness and friendship from this show. It makes me want to bless the characters, if you will excuse the phrase. I wish I could give them a smile and tell them that they are doing well, at least. That's how it makes me feel.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 20:28   Link #796
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

I like to see what has people talking around mid-season, and choose a show or two to pick up. Sakurasou is unusual in that it is probably the first mid-season pickup I've ever done of a show I'd already tried, but dropped after a single episode.

The advice I got was "You need to get to episode 3, trust me." Had I not been told this, I can guarantee I'd never have made it that far. I have never seen a show that tried so hard to keep me from watching it. The first two episodes were like a moat, diligently protecting Sakurasou from... well... me, for one. It took me 2 evenings of start/stop viewing to slog through those two episodes, because I had to keep pausing to process how much I disliked the entire cast, and wanted nothing more than for awful things to happen to them. Was it just me?

Naturally, the story has a happy ending. After surviving that unforgiving barrier to entry, I have reached the warm, gooey center, and oh, it is delicious. I remain utterly baffled (from a marketing standpoint, at least) by how brutally unlikable the cast was portrayed as at the beginning, but all is forgiven now.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 02:21   Link #797
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

Put me on the "it reminds me of Toradora" like I'm sure it does for a few other watchers. I'm sold.
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 10:27   Link #798
kazzuya13

The only difference is the "Imouto" factor.
Old 2012-12-05, 05:32   Link #799
kazzuya13

How come this forum suddenly stopped. And it's not like the anime ended and it doesn't seem that unpopular.
Old 2012-12-05, 05:45   Link #800
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
[...]
I only disliked Sorata while he was in his what-am-I-going-to-do crisis. Once he finally overcame it the show started to feel much more natural. Now I'm looking forward to the inevitable Aoyama/Shiina drama over Sorata :3
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romantic comedy, slice of life