AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-11-11, 00:24   Link #41
Byakou

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I dare you to say that after watching CBS' Elementary. .
It's actually pretty decent. I almost dropped it after ep 1 but I decided to keep going and it paid off. It's definitively not as good as sherlock but it's still a solid 7/10 show that will you keep you entertained enough.
Byakou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 08:27   Link #42
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Awesome series. Pays respects to the original stories but tries new things without ruining the content.

Heard the recent news that S3 was going to be delayed six months, that's a shame. They left it on such a strong note too.
Old 2013-04-20, 21:14   Link #43
TheDoctor
Timelord Victorious

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Awesome series. Pays respects to the original stories but tries new things without ruining the content.

Heard the recent news that S3 was going to be delayed six months, that's a shame. They left it on such a strong note too.
They started filming on March~
Old 2013-04-20, 21:45   Link #44
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Now, if David Tennant had a role too, that would be groundbreaking. Two of my favourite British actors together; Benedict Cumberbatch and David Tennant.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 22:10   Link #45
TheDoctor
Timelord Victorious

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
Now, if David Tennant had a role too, that would be groundbreaking. Two of my favourite British actors together; Benedict Cumberbatch and David Tennant.
At least David Tennant is coming on Doctor Who for an EP
Old 2013-04-20, 22:25   Link #46
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, the reunion between Tennant and Billie Piper is something I have been waiting for. Meanwhile, I will just satisfy myself by watching Broadchurch....
Old 2013-04-21, 00:07   Link #47
TheDoctor
Timelord Victorious

Quote:
Yeah, the reunion between Tennant and Billie Piper is something I have been waiting for. Meanwhile, I will just satisfy myself by watching Broadchurch....

IT"S SOMETHING I"VE BEEN WISHING FOR!! However, is Broadchurch good? I've seen many gifsets on my dashboard (tumblr) and I have not had a chance to watch it. I know Rory is on it...
Old 2013-04-21, 00:23   Link #48
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoctor View Post
IT"S SOMETHING I"VE BEEN WISHING FOR!! However, is Broadchurch good? I've seen many gifsets on my dashboard (tumblr) and I have not had a chance to watch it. I know Rory is on it...
Definitely worth watching. I know some people grumble because they feel that the writer is dragging out the story, but I think it is important for the viewers to explore each character carefully and to mislead us with the use of red herrings. The acting is superb (it goes without saying that Tennant is fantastic as the detective), I could feel the intensity of their acting in each episode, even from the younger actors! Too bad there is only one episode left, but I can't wait to know who the killer is. I have my own theories, but I have always sucked when it comes to guessing killers. Never did well with Agatha Christie and Holmes.
Old 2013-04-21, 00:30   Link #49
TheDoctor
Timelord Victorious

Quote:
Definitely worth watching. I know some people grumble because they feel that the writer is dragging out the story, but I think it is important for the viewers to explore each character carefully and to mislead us with the use of red herrings. The acting is superb (it goes without saying that Tennant is fantastic as the detective), I could feel the intensity of their acting in each episode, even from the younger actors! Too bad there is only one episode left, but I can't wait to know who the killer is. I have my own theories, but I have always sucked when it comes to guessing killers. Never did well with Agatha Christie and Holmes.
Did..you..say..Tennant...the detective...????///??///////? Well, I guess there's another series I'm going to be watching. I've seen a few other actings of his with my brilliant Catherine Tate.
Old 2013-04-21, 00:37   Link #50
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoctor View Post
Did..you..say..Tennant...the detective...????///??///////? Well, I guess there's another series I'm going to be watching. I've seen a few other actings of his with my brilliant Catherine Tate.
They definitely have chemistry with each other. I watched them in Much Ado About Nothing and in Dr Who as well. There was this special episode of Tennant and Tate as Lauren Cooper in the classroom. It's so funny I have watched a number of times, each time laughing like a maniac.

Anyway, I fear we may be talking out of context (it seems like we are fangirling about Tennant here), so here's one of my favourite videos on Sherlock. I lost it when Moriarty's phone rings and out comes Bieber's music!

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-07-01, 08:28   Link #51
walkofshane

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post

I thought it was brilliant too. I re-read the books after I finished season 2 for a bit of comparison and contrast.
They have a pretty solid cast (except for the girl who played Kitty Riley -- I didn't like her very much)

Have you seen the unaired pilot too? It was a good thing they decided to redo episode 1. It was more fast paced, the characters more livelier and the music was generally better.

Quote:
I read somewhere that David Tennant was considered for the role of Sherlock. Although I am not sure what happened. Maybe it was because of Doctor Who?
walkofshane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 10:02   Link #52
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

watched both seasons of it, and it just blew my mind, it was just so awesome, any idea as to when the third season might come out
Old 2013-07-18, 13:03   Link #53
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Finally read the 7th and last chapter of the Sherlock - A Study in Pink Manga.

I love it. Great mystery, the characters and the comedy.

I hope they'll do another manga on another episode and possibly release the manga in English.
Old 2013-07-18, 14:24   Link #54
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

This is by far the best rendition of Sherlock Holmes! Extremely well written and acted. And it also has excellent production quality. The best show I've seen on TV in a long time!

Benedict Cumberbatch is an actor to keep an eye on in the coming years. He going to hit it big!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
any idea as to when the third season might come out
We don't have a date yet.. But I think it'll air in December or early 2014.
Old 2013-07-19, 13:04   Link #55
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post

We don't have a date yet.. But I think it'll air in December or early 2014.
it's really not fair they take entire year to make it we get only 3 episodes, okay the episodes are 1 hour but still they should produce more, it's so damn good that you keep wanting to see more
Old 2013-07-20, 12:19   Link #56
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkofshane View Post
I thought it was brilliant too. I re-read the books after I finished season 2 for a bit of comparison and contrast.
They have a pretty solid cast (except for the girl who played Kitty Riley -- I didn't like her very much)

Have you seen the unaired pilot too? It was a good thing they decided to redo episode 1. It was more fast paced, the characters more livelier and the music was generally better.
I did see the unaired pilot, but it was actually after the first episode, just so I could see what was different.
Old 2013-07-20, 12:55   Link #57
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
This is by far the best rendition of Sherlock Holmes! Extremely well written and acted. And it also has excellent production quality. The best show I've seen on TV in a long time!

Benedict Cumberbatch is an actor to keep an eye on in the coming years. He going to hit it big!
Although I also love this version (mainly for Benedict and Martin's performances) the old Jeremy Brett version is really great too, especially if you want a more classic take on the Holmes stories.

And although I haven't seen it myself I also heard great things about the Russian version of Holmes. In fact even the Queen endorsed that version.
Old 2013-07-21, 08:16   Link #58
walkofshane

I loved the Jeremy Brett version too but I am very biased toward Benedict now

When I get the chance to visit London, I am really going to lie down in front of St Bart's for a picture. XD
walkofshane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 18:32   Link #59
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 06:33   Link #60
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

There's just one word to describe the teaser;sexy. Oh Sherlock, how I have missed you.

One thing that worries me is that I am no longer in the UK, which means access to BBC dramas will be quite troublesome given that I could no longer watch them on tv or iPlayer. Oh well, I will just have to resort to other methods.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help