AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2003-12-15, 15:33   Link #21
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
Yea...and that really stinks....does the manga by anychance happen to continue on after the anime ends? If so, do you know where it can be purchased?
OFFSPRiNGCo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-15, 15:35   Link #22
Joe Dalton

yes the manga still going strong
and yes there will be a second season
Joe Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-15, 17:54   Link #23
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Where'd you hear about this second season Joe? The last info I had was that there WOULDN'T be a second season. Now if you got new info that's verifiable I'll consider it. But I have zero info pointing to a second season.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-16, 07:00   Link #24
Joe Dalton

muhahahaha i know all.... ofcourse if i would say how i know it... it wouldnt be as much fun anymore would it?
Joe Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-19, 10:57   Link #25
moonlightRonin

Get Backers?

WILL there be a second season of Get Backer? I like the series, it was funny. Plus is there another anime that is like Get Backers, if so what and where can i find it?

Last edited by Keitaro; 2004-02-11 at 22:47. Reason: Note: Merged thread with another thread with similar topic.
moonlightRonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-19, 13:18   Link #26
7thMethuselah

as far as I know there aren't any plans for a second season (even though there are alot of issues left to deal with). And there are alot of anime that deal with several different character all having one or more special powers and battling each other like Naruto, saint seiya, e's otherwise. You might even try inuyasha or kenshin, they are also action anime filled with quite some humor
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-19, 13:28   Link #27
xavier8200

I have heard rumors of a return for getbackers but the rumor said that the anime would be starting in december or january. Its obvious now that the rumor was false but I did have my hopes up. The show had soo much potential and i don't know if it will ever be truly realized. Sort of like Hajime no Ippo
xavier8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-19, 18:44   Link #28
Jn183

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier8200
I have heard rumors of a return for getbackers but the rumor said that the anime would be starting in december or january. Its obvious now that the rumor was false but I did have my hopes up. The show had soo much potential and i don't know if it will ever be truly realized. Sort of like Hajime no Ippo
Agree. I got into both anime and both pretty much at the same time got ended. Beside, there is no other rumor except that Dec one.
Jn183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-19, 21:24   Link #29
eLstar
(^_^)v

Yeah nothing confirmed as of yet. It's just a hopeful dream we GetBackers fans have.
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-19, 21:44   Link #30
kamij0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranz
Yeah nothing confirmed as of yet. It's just a hopeful dream we GetBackers fans have.
is it just me or i feel that it really deserves a 2nd season because the ending is just like another mission for them !! .. we really hope to see midou ban's real real real real power... ... well ... the last ending didnt really show much right .. hah
kamij0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-19, 22:20   Link #31
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
I would love a 2nd season. The Get Backers is one of my favorite anime's of all time....well, there is always the manga
OFFSPRiNGCo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-19, 23:01   Link #32
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Send a message via MSN to Asakura_Y0h
sadly.... the answer to this is... NO... a big fat no... I have hunted down every single getbackers site and gotten friends who can read and write japanese to tell me this... although there are thousands of rumours and speculations... there are no confirmed or official anouncements... however, there are some sites that are trying to start up a group to plead the creators for a second season...(not very effective cos no one seems to be doing much on those sites)

but if anyone does here of an official anouncement please post a new thread with a title in big capital letters saying "GETBACKERS IS BACK WITH SEASON 2!!!!" ... yah?
Asakura_Y0h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-20, 01:34   Link #33
EvoSpace

Send a message via AIM to EvoSpace Send a message via MSN to EvoSpace
Right, the real reason there can't be a season 2 is that the anime already catched up to the manga. And to at least give it a decent ending, they patched it with the anime's own stories making it difficult to continue on with the original manga storyline. (always happens in manga/anime conversion)

So... a 2nd season is impossible at this point, for at least a years or two until more is revealed in the manga. Our only hope for now is an OVA or a movie >.<
EvoSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-20, 01:47   Link #34
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Get Backers was a great show... but it's already done... even though there was stuff left un-answered and shit like that....... we don't really need to see more in terms of a series because we were given 49 alright episodes (which is long enough imo)... though an OVA or movie would be great to patch things up... another season would be overkill imo (the series had way too much filler imo)....

as someone already said... there's always the manga to read!

edit: grammar and typos!
Old 2004-01-20, 02:42   Link #35
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

well... even though a lot of things were left unanswered I still feel that Last Exile was worse..... actually come to think about it... GB only has two things... which is who's behind Babylon and Ban's connection with ... what's her name? Poison lady and her curse.. which is not so bad once you consider the unfinished endings of other animes...
Old 2004-01-21, 19:26   Link #36
pegasus

Send a message via ICQ to pegasus
ahhh Asakura_Y0h , i was just about to say that too
what ever was the curse, i never understood that part.
pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-22, 10:02   Link #37
PS2kid

Don't you think Jubei (one of MakubeX' henchmen) is very very similar to Ken from Weiss Kreuz ? His glasses, his hair style, his clothes, everything is so similar.
PS2kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-22, 17:23   Link #38
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Yah... I think Jubei does look similar to Ken... imo, Jubei, despite lookin bad-ass, is actually pretty gay ... and plus those needles are crap compared to the wolverine claws that Ken had...
Old 2004-01-23, 09:39   Link #39
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Chronics
Yah... I think Jubei does look similar to Ken... imo, Jubei, despite lookin bad-ass, is actually pretty gay ... and plus those needles are crap compared to the wolverine claws that Ken had...
Did anyone notice also that Jubei and Kazuki made a good combination... not because of some of the lovey dubby like scenes but hmmm.... needles and threads?? Hahahahaha..... but anyway... I feel that Ken was much better, I thought he was better looking too and had way better fighting sense
Old 2004-01-23, 21:17   Link #40
kamij0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakura_Y0h
Did anyone notice also that Jubei and Kazuki made a good combination... not because of some of the lovey dubby like scenes but hmmm.... needles and threads?? Hahahahaha..... but anyway... I feel that Ken was much better, I thought he was better looking too and had way better fighting sense

kazuki is way too gay in this anime, but he's 1 tough nut to crack ! One of the favourite characters in get backers, there's 1 scene in get backers he got to close to jubei and it seems like he's gonna kiss him. OMG
kamij0 is offline   Reply With Quote