AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-03-19, 13:00   Link #2001
Plas

a cartoon from the 80's

There's a weekday afternoon cartoon I remember watching as a kid, but I cannot recall the name. I've asked everyone else my age that I know, and they don't know what I'm talking about
According to my memory... this show had things that were like machines, or at least, I think they had wheels. But these things were produced from giant bulbous plants, as if these things were the "fruits" that dropped out of the plants.
Does anybody know what I'm talking about? I think this show came on around the same time as Thundercats and Transformers. Thanks in advance for your help!
Plas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 13:25   Link #2002
Cythraul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plas View Post
There's a weekday afternoon cartoon I remember watching as a kid, but I cannot recall the name. I've asked everyone else my age that I know, and they don't know what I'm talking about
According to my memory... this show had things that were like machines, or at least, I think they had wheels. But these things were produced from giant bulbous plants, as if these things were the "fruits" that dropped out of the plants.
Does anybody know what I'm talking about? I think this show came on around the same time as Thundercats and Transformers. Thanks in advance for your help!
Heh, someone asked about this recently on anime planet's forums. Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors
Cythraul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 13:26   Link #2003
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plas View Post
Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors. I missed that show too. :3

[Edit]: Nuuuuuuu~!!! Beaten by Cythraul. ;__;
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 13:48   Link #2004
Plas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cythraul View Post
Heh, someone asked about this recently on anime planet's forums. Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors
Wow, thanks. I'll need to revisit this show, too. Seems like all the specifics of the plot just more or less went over my kiddie head back then.
Plas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 17:36   Link #2005
darkscythe

where is this character from?

http://img461.imageshack.us/img461/5652/testet8.jpg
darkscythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 19:31   Link #2006
pontikaras

Exclamation I really need your help!!!

I am trying to identify an old anime. This is what I can remember...

There were two children born, twins. They were seperated at birth, one grew as a prince or something like that, one as a beggar (the girl). Many years later they meet each other and combine forces against the machines that are trying to take over their world. There was a Female Goddess statue that was worshiped which was the Goddess of Machines or something like that. The machines were trasforming humans into machines. Anyway, The boy and the girl both had a power. They stretched their hands in front of them and a ray of some kind of magic (?) emerged from them. In the end their mother, the queen volunteraly becomes a machine as well and the boy and girl take a spaceship and eventually land at the bottom of an ocean or sea in another planet. I really need to find this so if anyone has any idea about what I am talking please reply...It's been on my mind for almost 4 years and still can't remember the names or anything else...
pontikaras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 13:20   Link #2007
Norris

Hello, I run a recommendation section on my FFXI Linkshell boards, and my section had other peoples shows on it as well. Unfortunately, for various reasons I lost all the information on that board, Ive worked through I.D'ing the majority of the shows that the other folks recommend with the obnoxious exception of 2. The person who recommended these are in military and I have no way of contacting them for months, so:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...ters/10551.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...sters/1527.jpg

Thank you all in advance ( --)/
Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 13:28   Link #2008
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris View Post
Hello, I run a recommendation section on my FFXI Linkshell boards, and my section had other peoples shows on it as well. Unfortunately, for various reasons I lost all the information on that board, Ive worked through I.D'ing the majority of the shows that the other folks recommend with the obnoxious exception of 2. The person who recommended these are in military and I have no way of contacting them for months, so:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...sters/1527.jpg

Thank you all in advance ( --)/
Power Stone

Cheers.
Old 2007-03-23, 19:07   Link #2009
tastek

robots, telepathy

The theme is fighting robots. They controlled by computers. Controllers could be children or adults. They controll the robots with laptop looking computers. The arena could be open streets or a lunapark. The child we focused on is young one and in one of the fights he lost the sight of his robot. And there was a band over his wrist. White something nothing special. But his grandfather or father gave this to him. In that moment he has no chance then something strange happenned this bracelet glowed and he has telepathically communicate with the robot. He think the attack robot did.
It was amazing. It might be series. I am not good with names and places. I am sorry i can't remember a thing. Can you call what that anime could be? 10 years old maybe
tastek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 02:22   Link #2010
hooliganj
Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris View Post

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...ters/10551.jpg
I'm reasonably sure that's Boys Be.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 03:24   Link #2011
Norris

WOOT, thank you hooliganj and Skane, It would have taken me forever to find those, you have my utmost thanks!
Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 08:20   Link #2012
RedEvilVampira

Exclamation Could anyone tell me what anime this is?!

Hey,
I've seen an AMV on Youtube.com, but it didn't say what anime it was...
Here are some images:

Please tell me if you know
RedEvilVampira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 08:43   Link #2013
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

^ That is La Corda D`Oro ~primo passo~
Old 2007-03-24, 16:29   Link #2014
Dyzalott

Exclamation 1980's shown on TMC space train movie?

Hi I have been trying to figure this one out for over twenty years.

Back in the early-mid 80s on "the movie channel" they played a movie (may have actualy been a series played all together in one showing) all I can recall was a lady and a boy? traveling together on a space train. This train would start down a track over land and then up a ramp of tracks till it would fly away into space and off to it's next stop on another world. The style this was done in was relistic along the lines of Big-O or Inuyasha.

At one such stop the kid with the lady asked a person sitting against a lamp post in a duster type long coat and large floppy cowboy(ish) hat a question and the only reply was the person lifting thier hand and flicking open a switch-blade knife.

Much later in the film the woman who has been traveling to cure? some problem goes to the clinic? and splits off from the kid when he sees her again she is looking down into one of many glass squares in a street setting. The kid is not sure if it is truly her at first, as she has had her soul transfered into a silvery body, thus curing what ever it was that was wrong with her. (possible that this was not a cure as much as a way to become immortal) She is looking down at her old body as are many other people milling about in this area, looking at thier own given up humanity. The scene was potent in now that she has this new body she understands what it is she has given up. She has lost being able to feel the simple touch of a hand on her flesh or return the love of a friend.

On the movie channel this played as a movie but I seem to recall that during the playing you would see " And now part 3 of ___________" The only reason I think this is I seem to remember thinking damn don't you dare stop mid story on me! I have never seen it again after this one showing in the early or mid 80's (could have been as late as '89 but doubt this very much)

Thank You for any help and consideration of my mystery.

Last edited by Dyzalott; 2007-03-24 at 16:44. Reason: typos
Dyzalott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 16:33   Link #2015
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

I'm guessing it's Galaxy Express 999.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=1361
Old 2007-03-24, 16:50   Link #2016
Dyzalott

Solved

OMG OMG OMG that was so freaking fast OMG that link showed the guy from the lamp post though with a gun this time etc... OMG THANK YOU!!!!! now to buy them all OMG ha THANKS!
Dyzalott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 19:47   Link #2017
baubuke

i'm not sure..but..

i dunno how to start..well i was browsing the web,and found this image..
i wonder if it is an episode from any anime??
or if its not, than maybe somebody knows the artist who paint it?

any info pleaseeeeee??

i have already asked in few other forums..but people just spam the treads whith replies like "wow nice image" af....

any clues please?
baubuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 21:12   Link #2018
LunarSun

can anyone tell me the name of the anime this character is in

the pink haired girl thats sometimes in the banner
wearing kimono with the red umbrala
LunarSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 00:29   Link #2019
CaiSter21

can anyone seem to remember a super robot anime where the robot would rise out of a school pool?
CaiSter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 03:51   Link #2020
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaiSter21 View Post
can anyone seem to remember a super robot anime where the robot would rise out of a school pool?
My hunch says it's Zettai Muteki Raijin-Oh.
Opening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26yz7wUzn5g

Tags
#unknown, anime, anime figure, comedy, ecchi., fantasy, find, game, gender bender, heroes, higurashi, identification, manga, movies, quotes, search, secret, tv shows, visual novel