AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 01 Rating
Perfect 10 49 28.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 40 23.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 45 26.47%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 12.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 4.12%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.18%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.18%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.59%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-04, 05:47   Link #281
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
However we can not allow Nanoha trio to go on all or even most of the mission, else there will be no chance for the new stars to shine. Still it very be very interesting to see how the producers balance all this out.
Quote from 'ANGEL' ...

"Okay, you two take the twenty-five on the left, I'll take the fifty on the right!"

... Problem solved!
Old 2007-04-04, 06:09   Link #282
Chi-no
Light & Dark User

Was actually quite impressed that she knows bind magic.... Thought Nanoha has mostly attacking magic.... But the when she save the kid, she uses Bind to hold the block ....

I like this show .... No matter how it turns out ... But notice the voice is a bit different when she talks normally but when she recites out the magic words, she still have the voice of when she is younger in the previous series .... ehhehhehe ...
Old 2007-04-04, 06:11   Link #283
Woden

Just because one does not go on all the missions does not mean that all of a sudden they are just "the wise mentor". That's my only major gripe, we seem to be tossing Nanoha, Fate, and Hayate into a slot almost as quickly as when that promo poster came out. It shouldn't be TOO hard to manage the protagonists, there are are about as many new and important characters now as there were in A's. This series is twice the size of A's. If the author plays his cards right, he should be able to balance it out.
Old 2007-04-04, 06:21   Link #284
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-no View Post
Was actually quite impressed that she knows bind magic.... Thought Nanoha has mostly attacking magic.... But the when she save the kid, she uses Bind to hold the block ....

I like this show .... No matter how it turns out ... But notice the voice is a bit different when she talks normally but when she recites out the magic words, she still have the voice of when she is younger in the previous series .... ehhehhehe ...
Nanoha has always known "Bind" magic. How do you think she managed to lock Fate in place while bathing her in Starlight Breaker during the first season?

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-04, 06:37   Link #285
Thisguy
Negikamo

Quote:
Well actually, bind magic was The first magic Nanoha ever used (except making BJ) against jewel, even before teh Pink-Cannon-of-Doom we know today .
Old 2007-04-04, 06:37   Link #286
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woden View Post
Just because one does not go on all the missions does not mean that all of a sudden they are just "the wise mentor". That's my only major gripe, we seem to be tossing Nanoha, Fate, and Hayate into a slot almost as quickly as when that promo poster came out. It shouldn't be TOO hard to manage the protagonists, there are are about as many new and important characters now as there were in A's. This series is twice the size of A's. If the author plays his cards right, he should be able to balance it out.

'Wise mentor' doesn't mean that they'll be sitting in a comfortable chair barking out orders (Unlike a certain character possibly).

It just means they're... well, wiser... And are mentors

Besides, if the opening was any indication, they'll still get some action... Combat action that is.
Old 2007-04-04, 06:47   Link #287
Chi-no
Light & Dark User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Nanoha has always known "Bind" magic. How do you think she managed to lock Fate in place while bathing her in Starlight Breaker during the first season?

Cheers.
Yes that is true .... did remember that too .... But she used that 'bind' to lock down that block.....

Also like that 1st esp. Reinforce is also very small like the A's last esp. and she is a chief sgt ? Wow..... Nice anime will look forward to the other esp. Like the 3rd season .... but really no news of Arf and Lindy as well as amy, right ?
Old 2007-04-04, 07:00   Link #288
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Also like that 1st esp. Reinforce is also very small like the A's last esp. and she is a chief sgt ? Wow..... Nice anime will look forward to the other esp. Like the 3rd season .... but really no news of Arf and Lindy as well as amy, right ?

We're all twitchy and jumpy about that...
Old 2007-04-04, 07:06   Link #289
Skane
Anime Snark

I am holding out for an OP&ED change in the second half of the season where Yuuno will make a reappearance.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-04, 07:16   Link #290
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I am holding out for an OP&ED change in the second half of the season where Yuuno will make a reappearance.

Cheers.
Ditto, among other characters as well.

It'll be nice if they toss in a new song too, but that might be too much to asked for...
Old 2007-04-04, 07:38   Link #291
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
However we can not allow Nanoha trio to go on all or even most of the mission, else there will be no chance for the new stars to shine. Still it very be very interesting to see how the producers balance all this out.
New stars will encounter something that will kick their arses in to oblivion > time for the old trio to move in I expect Nanoha/Fate/Hayate to play mentors who sit back most of the time, but will have to move out once crap starts hitting the fan.
Old 2007-04-04, 07:48   Link #292
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
New stars will encounter something that will kick their arses in to oblivion > time for the old trio to move in I expect Nanoha/Fate/Hayate to play mentors who sit back most of the time, but will have to move out once crap starts hitting the fan.
Don't you just love the deus ex machina effect in the animes, Through i really hope that this anime does not become like this.

What I would like to see is the Nanoha trio and the new stars will take to the field at same time and fight with enermies which is in their own respective league. But I guess only time will tell what path does this series is going to take.

Last edited by Darco_emp; 2007-04-04 at 08:07. Reason: errors errors even more errors
Old 2007-04-04, 08:00   Link #293
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
That would be a very bad move as it would belittle the meaning of Subaru and co's existence. I have enough of shows where they introduce new characters just to make the old ones look better.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-04, 08:11   Link #294
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Shouldn't the fact that non of the new characters are capable of flight combat be enough of an indicator that they and the old cast wouldn't be sharing the same combat fields?

Besides, considering how none of them seem to have extremely long distance combat capabilities...technically, even 9 year old Yuuno and Shamal should be enough to beat them.

And we want them to be facing opponents who will match Nanoha and co. in combat? That's craziness.

I'd expect Subaru to be able to fly by episode 25/26...but that's a long ways off.

Most likely, Subaru and co. will deal with non-flight able opponents. The problem behind this line of thought is that, it demeans the presence of the enemy, since they won't compare with the S, SS rank level enemies, and without some solid semblance of fighting drama balanced out, it'd really make Subaru and co. feel cheap.

one vote for Yuuno in a hopefully 2nd OP. Another one for Dark Yuuno.:P

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-04-04, 08:16   Link #295
BoyO_O

may i know when is episode 2 coming out?
Old 2007-04-04, 08:18   Link #296
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
That would be a very bad move as it would belittle the meaning of Subaru and co's existence. I have enough of shows where they introduce new characters just to make the old ones look better.

Cheers.
In that case, I can only see (At the moment) three possible types of villian...

1) They would 'attempt' to balance them so that that the difference in power between the old and new characters wouldn't matter too much. After all, does it matter if a machine is destroyed by whichever girl's divine buster, as long as it's destroyed?

(Granted, it's difficult to pull this off and still make it look good...)

2) They would make 2 groups of villians, one for the rookie and one for the more experienced. That way, each of them would have their share of balanced fights.

("You two take the 1000 on the left, I'll get the big dragon!")

3) The power difference between the two groups wouldn't matter cause they'll be facing a villian so leet, that any help is welcomed...!

(This is where all the insane number of 'S' comes in...)
Old 2007-04-04, 08:36   Link #297
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
I thought a lot of people knew why they choose close combat mages or physical damage mages(Tiana's gun has a shotgun bullet) over pure magic power types. So only few people actually read the manga of nanoha?

because I think that they(Nanoha and co.) would choose more experienced mages(physical types are rare) over rank B and C mages.
Old 2007-04-04, 08:37   Link #298
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatAttack View Post
*sigh*

Looking at the poll... 'Perfect' really doesn't mean what it used to.

I think a lot of people are blinded by 'fan frenzy'.
The rating system is going to suffer from depreciation..
if you give out 'Perfect' scores too easily, they lose their value.
It can be argued that the opposite is true. If people take "Perfect" with its true meaning, then no episode will ever get it. It'll then lose its meaning as a choice.

As for the power difference between the old and new characters, we'll probably see the two groups do different things. Also, in the opening we see the four new characters working together. With the teamwork, they can probably make up for the power difference with just that.
Old 2007-04-04, 08:38   Link #299
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
~ 3) The power difference between the two groups wouldn't matter cause they'll be facing a villian so leet, that any help is welcomed...!

(This is where all the insane number of 'S' comes in...)
So long as the "final boss" doesn't become a whorefest of target-practice galore. I kid, I kid... sort of.

Actually, amongst the old guard, I am looking forward to Hayate's style the most. We already know more or less what Nanoha and Fate's fighting style is like, but Hayate is still relatively unknown. Tri-Beam Ragnarok Breaker aside.

Still entertaining the thought that Hayate's Unison-Transformation will be a parody of all those small robots merging to form a big robot shows.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-04, 08:44   Link #300
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Well, Hayate will be, imo, a ranged type. She doesn't strike me as some one who would like to get up close and personal with the enemy. (Much like Nanoha).

Quote:

Cheers.
Well, technically - they are better

Not that i want to see it going this way, it is just that i can easily see it happening.