AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2006-11-07, 09:32   Link #281
jfs
Aegisub dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianmak View Post
Besides, how this karaoke to be created ?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...21759128537443
Is this the one you say is "impossible" in ASS? Now, there might be some details I'm missing because of the low resolution and generally bad quality of the flash video, but it looks extremely simple to me.
One or multiple line(s) per syllable, depending on how detailed the movement of the characters should be, then just some \kf or dual-lines with animated box \clip magic. It looks extremely simple to me.

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 09:41   Link #282
adrianmak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchikatsu View Post
Well it can be done in SSA and depends if vsfilter can handle it...\org with \frz or \frz or \fry ---- or more so a simple \t'd bunch of \fs with \K ? And of course Alpha.

SSa would be easier than AFX for this one. This file here - in the 2nd set about 1min 10 to 3min 8 sec --- you could figure it out like that..since you'll see something similar to that effect.*shrug* Which is self-explanatory if you know basic functions.
the karaoke effect in the mtv video is great.
Could you explain more how to make these effects ?
adrianmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 10:01   Link #283
[darkfire]
Give them the What For!
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to [darkfire] Send a message via Yahoo to [darkfire]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfs View Post
Is this the one you say is "impossible" in ASS? Now, there might be some details I'm missing because of the low resolution and generally bad quality of the flash video, but it looks extremely simple to me.
One or multiple line(s) per syllable, depending on how detailed the movement of the characters should be, then just some \kf or dual-lines with animated box \clip magic. It looks extremely simple to me.
Im going to assume your watching the spanish op for zegpain. That was done in AFX
Old 2006-11-07, 10:07   Link #284
adrianmak

Quote:
Originally Posted by [darkfire] View Post
Im going to assume your watching the spanish op for zegpain. That was done in AFX
No. It isn't created by Spanish anime group. It is created by Chinese anime group
Old 2006-11-07, 10:18   Link #285
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

How about you people just WATCH THAT FLASH VIDEO?
And yes, what jfs said, it's extremely simple. \kf + \move + \fade once for each syllable, simple as that (for some lines later on it's \fade + \fscx\fscy + \kf)... one line of multi-template per effect, and you're done.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 17:01   Link #286
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianmak View Post
the karaoke effect in the mtv video is great.
Could you explain more how to make these effects ?
1. It wasn't mtv...it's japanese ? Unless there's a Japanese MTV.
2. \org - \frx - \fry - frz - \K \t($,$,X,\1c~ \3c~\4c~ etc. etc. - Really easy effect to make.
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 18:09   Link #287
adrianmak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchikatsu View Post
1. It wasn't mtv...it's japanese ? Unless there's a Japanese MTV.
2. \org - \frx - \fry - frz - \K \t($,$,X,\1c~ \3c~\4c~ etc. etc. - Really easy effect to make.
I mean the video you posted on ur last post

http://techman16.aviettran.com/Karao...r_vs._Uchi.avi
Old 2006-11-07, 21:57   Link #288
jfs
Aegisub dev

The first karaoke style in that video is clearly made with ASS. Look at the way the borders interact when the syllables "collapse" together after being highlighted, that's one of the small (imo really annoying) pecularities of VSFilter rendering. And it's not too complicated either.

The second one also looks like something rendered by VSFilter, and does have some very "ASS-like traits". Again rather simple, except for the lots of (probably manually placed) locations of words. (Later on, it also seems to use some randomness to decide in what direction etc. the syllables should fly off.)

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 08:23   Link #289
adrianmak

Ive a ass command not clearly understand
most of the time when doing moving syllables it always use \org and \fr x,y,z

I don't understand what's the relation between them.
Could body use a diagram to illustrate them
Old 2006-11-08, 08:34   Link #290
Devastator

/org sets the origin from which the /fr[xyz] set works from. The farther away from the origin, the straighter the motion appears. Most times that I've seen it used, the values (when set above / below 0) are usually in the thousands (ie. /org(25000,-25000)). If you use smaller values for /org, you will likely begin to notice the radial motion.
Devastator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 11:25   Link #291
Sylf
翻訳家わなびぃ
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Sylf Send a message via Yahoo to Sylf
I've posted this image a while ago, before the forum crash.

That's what's happening when you set the \org set far off to the side (the the left in the example), and rotate the sub by 2 degrees along the z axis. That 2 degree would be a rather big jump on the screen. If the \org point was further out, the jump will be even bigger.

If you rotate the sub along the y axis, the sub will shift horizontally. If you rotate along x axis, it'll just rotate along x axis in spot - it won't make the sub move.
Sylf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 18:25   Link #292
adrianmak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylf View Post
I've posted this image a while ago, before the forum crash.

That's what's happening when you set the \org set far off to the side (the the left in the example), and rotate the sub by 2 degrees along the z axis. That 2 degree would be a rather big jump on the screen. If the \org point was further out, the jump will be even bigger.

If you rotate the sub along the y axis, the sub will shift horizontally. If you rotate along x axis, it'll just rotate along x axis in spot - it won't make the sub move.

Thanks for illustrated thru a diagram and I'm closing to fully understand. Ive following questions
1. x,y axis is refer to the x-y coord system on a plane then what is z-axis refer to ?
2. I still can't imagine in my mind why rotating y axis will shift sub horizontally, x axis will come out no movement and z axis will move sub up/down vertically

Last edited by adrianmak; 2006-11-08 at 19:36.
Old 2006-11-08, 19:48   Link #293
Sylf
翻訳家わなびぃ
*Fansubber

1. X and Y axis are, as you guessed, runs horizontally and vertically. When you add the Z axis, that adds the 3rd dimension to the graph - it's the depth.

Code:
[Script Info]
ScriptType: v4.00+
PlayResX: 800
PlayResY: 600

[V4+ Styles]
Format:  Name, Fontname, Fontsize, PrimaryColour, SecondaryColour, OutlineColour, BackColour, Bold, Italic, Underline, StrikeOut, ScaleX, ScaleY, Spacing, Angle, BorderStyle, Outline, Shadow, Alignment, MarginL, MarginR, MarginV, Encoding
Style: Default,Arial,36,&H00FFFFFF,&H0000FFFF,&H00000000,&H00000000,0,0,0,0,100,100,0,0.00,1,2.00,0.00,5,20,20,20,0

[Events]
Format:  Layer, Start, End, Style, Name, MarginL, MarginR, MarginV, Effect, Text
Dialogue: 0,0:00:00.00,0:00:03.00,Default,,0000,0000,0000,,{\org(400,300)}{\pos(400,300)\frx0\t(0,3000,\frx720)}Rotating Along X-Axis
Dialogue: 0,0:00:03.00,0:00:06.00,Default,,0000,0000,0000,,{\org(400,300)}{\pos(400,40)\frx0\t(0,3000,\frx720)}Rotating Along X-Axis
Dialogue: 0,0:00:06.00,0:00:09.00,Default,,0000,0000,0000,,{\org(400,300)}{\pos(400,300)\fry0\t(0,3000,\fry720)}Rotating Along Y-Axis
Dialogue: 0,0:00:09.00,0:00:12.00,Default,,0000,0000,0000,,{\org(400,300)}{\pos(80,300)\fry0\t(0,3000,\fry720)}Rotating Along Y-Axis
Dialogue: 0,0:00:12.00,0:00:15.00,Default,,0000,0000,0000,,{\org(400,300)}{\pos(400,300)\frz0\t(0,3000,\frz720)}Rotating Along Z-Axis
Dialogue: 0,0:00:15.00,0:00:18.00,Default,,0000,0000,0000,,{\org(400,300)}{\pos(400,40)\frz0\t(0,3000,\frz720)}Rotating Along Z-Axis
Load that script in some 4:3 clip, and watch what happens. It really should explain what's going on.

2. As you saw in the second example of Y-axis rotation above, when you rotate text in such manner with a very large \org displacement like 10000, (against the virtual screen size of 800 width), a small Y-axis rotation causes the text to move in horizontal direction without warping the text too much like you saw in the example.

It's the same principle as how people used to think that the earth was flat.
Old 2006-11-08, 20:24   Link #294
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

In ASS, the X axis is horizontal (left to right), the Y axis is vertical (top to bottom) and the Z axis is perpendicular to the image - that is, imagine it as "sticking out" of the screen and "going into" it.

Normally, the origin of the rotation depends on the alignment of the line, in the same way as \pos. If we think of the line of a box, \an5 will place the center of the rotation in the middle of the box, and thus a rotation around the Z axis by 90 degrees will make the "box" vertical instead of horizontal. Observe:

(The other alignments place the point of rotation in different corners of the box, yielding different results.)

Similiarly, \frx and \fry with \an5 will make the text rotate around the other axises, like so:

Now, things get interesting. For a 640x480 image, the \org of an \an5 line obviously defaults to 320,240, but the \org override allows us to modify this. If we move the origin of the rotation, the line will be "positioned" in the same place as before, but now rotate around ANOTHER point than its center. With \frz, this produces the effect that it rotates in a circle (with the radius defined by where the \pos coordinate is) on the image, around the invisible point specified by \org. If you place the \org really, really far away (outside the image), you get something like in Sylf's picture, where a small \frz moves the line a considerable distance. For vertical movement, place the \org outside the image's left or right borders, and for horizontal movement, place it outside its top or bottom borders. If you place it sufficiently far away, the small "tilting" of the line won't be noticeable.

As for \frx and \fry... This is where stuff starts to get difficult, because now we have to think in 3D, despite the image only having two dimensions.
Moving the \org of a \frx rotation will (similiar to \frz) cause the line to rotate around the X axis, but with the center of rotation somewhere else than the line's center. If you place the \org's Y coordinate on the same Y coordinate as the original line but move the X coordinate in either direction, this will merely have the effect that the line rotates around itself, but kind of "slanted" in the direction you moved the X coordinate. The interesting things start to happen when you move the Y coordinate as well. Then, the line will rotate as if its top or bottom border was glued to an invisible cylinder lying horizontally across the image, with its radius decided by how far from the orginal position the \org's Y coordinate is.

\frx works in a very similiar fashion, only around Y axis.

\frx and \fry may both also be used for movements by abusing \org; figuring out in what direction you should move the \org coordinates is left as an exercise to the reader.

EDIT: ah, Sylf was faster, and had a simpler explanation to boot. :/
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 22:43   Link #295
adrianmak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylf View Post

2. As you saw in the second example of Y-axis rotation above, when you rotate text in such manner with a very large \org displacement like 10000, (against the virtual screen size of 800 width), a small Y-axis rotation causes the text to move in horizontal direction without warping the text too much like you saw in the example.

It's the same principle as how people used to think that the earth was flat.

as you said, I modified the 2nd example of Y-axis . I set the org to \org(10000,300)
however the text disappeared on the screen.
Old 2006-11-09, 02:18   Link #296
Sylf
翻訳家わなびぃ
*Fansubber

when you set \org(10000,300), even \fry1 can move the text so much that it can make it disappear from the screen. Start with \fry0.00001 and increase or descrease as you see fit.
Old 2006-11-09, 04:45   Link #297
zeldAIS

I'm having a problem with a karaoke i made. The effect of the karaoke would be that a single syllable will get bigger (of course, using one of aegisub's trusty lua script) and get smaller again. but the problem is - the following syllable will get in the way of the syllable that will get bigger. How will i solve that? sorry if it's a simple question but i've been wracking my brains out for days figuring it out...
zeldAIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 07:58   Link #298
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

You probably used the line-per-syllable.lua --- and if each syllable has it's own line if one grows the syllable following(or next to it won't move out the way or anything( Since it's placed after the 1st it's on a "layer" above it? I really don't understand what your getting at here ...which lua did you use?
Old 2006-11-09, 08:01   Link #299
EragonJeriel
heh

Uchikatsu, ur here too?
EragonJeriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 08:03   Link #300
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

Sup Jeriel and please don't ask that in a thread..you could pm me about it: so in light of this i must contribute 2 more cents for this thread;

--It's just a matter of how the syllables were placed. But you may want to have a 2nd opinion on this.

Tags
fansubbing, karaoke, software