AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-01, 08:05   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Higurashi Merchandise (Figurines, Artbooks, OSTs, etc.)

Thread dedicated to Higurashi no Naku Koro ni related merchandise - including...

Art books, figurines, games, manga, bath towels, meat cleavers, CDs, OSTs, DVDs etc., or if you know where you can find such items, then please post here.

For music related items, please check the following sites
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp
http://www.animenation.com
http://www.yesasia.com

If you can read Japanese, then you can also try:
http://www.amazon.co.jp

Please note that this thread is for official merchandise only, no bootlegs or cheap illegal imitations!
Old 2006-05-01, 08:13   Link #2
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'm pretty sure kj1980's got this one, but i ordered the fan book to Higurashi last week - it'll probably spoil me, but i can't do without it. ^^

http://www.hlj.com/product/SDN01034

& then you have the set of figures from the game that shall be released in augest - this'll probably be a buy as well as the first limited edtion DVD.. if i'm right these figures also are going for sale of CDJapan.

http://www.hlj.com/product/MAX08023
Old 2006-05-01, 08:25   Link #3
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
Thanks again for the links. Here are images of the two items you mention.

Artbook

Figures (click on thumbnail to get larger image)

Those figures do look nice
Old 2006-05-01, 08:29   Link #4
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'll just point it out - but i'm sure you noticed, see the evil looking Rena? I'm sure no one's gonna mess with that. ^^;
Old 2006-05-01, 08:32   Link #5
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
& then you have the set of figures from the game that shall be released in augest - this'll probably be a buy as well as the first limited edtion DVD.. if i'm right these figures also are going for sale of CDJapan.

http://www.hlj.com/product/MAX08023
Wow, 15 choices and you get 8 in a box =o Seems like the company making them are relatively new to the TF scene as far as stuff on hlj goes, wonder if the quality's any good when you've got them there in front of you. Seems pretty good on those pics though.

RAAAA!
Old 2006-05-01, 08:34   Link #6
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I know it'll be a big price, but after august i'm gonna look around for the complete set - i'm sure i'm not the only one that understands that the whole set is worth it.
Old 2006-05-01, 15:53   Link #7
SpaceDrake
This Is Part Of The Plan

Spoiler:

Last edited by SpaceDrake; 2006-05-02 at 02:17.
Old 2006-05-01, 16:53   Link #8
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

I'm totally new to figure collecting, but I pre-ordered the Higurashi trading set that's coming out in August, as I really liked the designs they used (even though I don't particularly care for the game art!). Based on some close-up pictures I saw here (I found the link thanks to Riuva), the quality seemed quite nice. The characters' expressions are especially good.

I'm a little fuzzy on what I should expect to receive, since there seem to be so many possible variations and optional parts. Will certain optional parts come included with each girl?
Old 2006-05-01, 17:04   Link #9
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I must say thanks for the close up image - i think i might just have to print out a few of those images to go on my wall, you know untill the figures arrive. ^^;
Old 2006-05-01, 17:08   Link #10
Varion
殲滅天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX
I'm totally new to figure collecting, but I pre-ordered the Higurashi trading set that's coming out in August, as I really liked the designs they used (even though I don't particularly care for the game art!). Based on some close-up pictures I saw here (I found the link thanks to Riuva), the quality seemed quite nice. The characters' expressions are especially good.

I'm a little fuzzy on what I should expect to receive, since there seem to be so many possible variations and optional parts. Will certain optional parts come included with each girl?
Wow... thanks for the link =o Taken me from 'on the fence' to 'seriously considering', the quality of those *is* really good. Shame you can see the arm joints really obviously, but I doubt that'll be so bad unless you're looking up really close, and it seems a small sacrifice for that kind of quality.

Well, you'll get 8. Whatever's included in each figure will come with it, and you'll probably get at least one variation of each girl, then another 3 seen as they come in boxes of 8 (and there's 15 variations in total looking at the hlj link, so you won't be getting them all)

All these years of not buying anime merchandise and now I'll probably have 2 boxes of trading figures in the same month. Damn.

Quote:
I think i might just have to print out a few of those images to go on my wall, you know untill the figures arrive. ^^;
Hell yes. I am so printing one of that Rena with 'GET THE HELL OUT' below it to put on my bedroom door for 'do not disturb' moments.
Old 2006-05-01, 17:12   Link #11
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Do not disturb moments and a image of Rena.. that can only lead to one thing.

I'd do anything to make sure i'd get the one with Rena holding the knife like weapon.. if only someone up there loved me. ^^;
Old 2006-05-02, 02:21   Link #12
SpaceDrake
This Is Part Of The Plan

Actually, once I can scrape some dollars together, what I'd like to do is get a hold of both of the Rena models and do some conversion work. Ideally I'd like to get casual-clothes Rena with an angry face and the machete, and get school-clothes Rena with the happy-evil face. I'll have to remove and reattach some hair (or at least the hat), I know, but the end effect would hopefully be worth it.
Old 2006-05-04, 10:24   Link #13
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I bring more love from Winter Festival 2006, and i know some people including me are gonna love this~

Old 2006-05-05, 03:08   Link #14
paTKany
Aasu Ⅷ

Send a message via MSN to paTKany
Some info about the OP and ED singles:

OP: http://www.animate.tv/pv/detail.php?...sea=&tid=&rid=
ED: http://www.animate.tv/pv/detail.php?...sea=&tid=&rid=

First Press editions comes with a collectible card.
Old 2006-05-25, 13:29   Link #15
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Whoa, today I happened to be randomly in the local anime store (actually, my wife wanted Pocky and it was the closest place to get some). And I found Higurashi collectible figures.
I'll post a picture of the one I got later on. Their opened sample one was Mion sitting at what looked to be a school desk.

Last edited by rooboy; 2006-06-05 at 23:36.
Old 2006-05-26, 16:33   Link #16
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

There's a character image album in the works,
Kakeramusubi
The project is headed by Katakiri Rekka, who sung the anime's ED theme.

An image album is basically a collection of music tracks (vocal) composed with an image of something in mind. In a character image album, each track is composed with the image of a specific character in mind.

The official website should open in early June.
Old 2006-06-01, 06:45   Link #17
Zappster

Any info on what sort of extras come with the limited edition of the 1st DVD volume?
Old 2006-06-01, 06:56   Link #18
Varion
殲滅天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappster
Any info on what sort of extras come with the limited edition of the 1st DVD volume?
A lot of stuff It's all in the picture here (might be too big to post so I'll just link you to it) which basically includes:
1. 5 "collection playing cards" (as cdjapan calls them)
2. "Commemorative Starter book" (again, cdjapan - looks to be in black and white minus the cover)
3. Mini Soundtrack CD! (Not the anime OST, no idea what's on it)
4. TIPS (ie what's on this forum, although I dunno if it'll be something more substantial or just extra text in the DVD menu)
5. The DVD itself.
6. No idea. Shoved the kanji through altavista and got "Whole volume purchase benefit application ticket" - maybe you get one of these little things for every volume you can buy and do something with them afterwards if you get the lot? *shrug*

Well, there's what 1-5 are anyway >.>
Old 2006-06-01, 07:24   Link #19
Zappster

Thanks for that. I'm sorely tempted by it though not sure if I'll have the money after other recent DVD purchases I've made.
Old 2006-06-01, 22:26   Link #20
Varion
殲滅天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappster
Thanks for that. I'm sorely tempted by it though not sure if I'll have the money after other recent DVD purchases I've made.
Well, that and buying just one volume is a difficult thing indeed Can't see Higurashi getting licensed, either...
Closed Thread