AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-18, 10:07   Link #1941
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Which would work with Iwase, who's an author and not an artist. Except (yes, I like arguing both sides...):
- his figure drawing isn't up there, apparently.
- she's not looking for a yes-man. She's looking for someone smart enough to argue with her on the literary merits of her stories.

So, hm, Iwase x Niizuma OTP?
Well, from the way I understand her character, she wouldn't want someone who agrees with her at every turn (a yes man, as you say), and she'd much rather work with someone who'se upright, and certainly more ambitious than Nakai (who would work with any girl who'se hot and that's how far his ambition goes). Niizuma is perfect like that tho
Old 2011-04-18, 12:03   Link #1942
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
So, hm, Iwase x Niizuma OTP?
Do Want

Too bad he's not interested in romance
Old 2011-04-19, 02:33   Link #1943
blade82

did Hiramaru wear the famous Bruce Lee's yellow suit
Old 2011-04-19, 10:37   Link #1944
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Nakai's probably the most annoying person in Bakuman. But he's so real. He portrays those people who give up easily once they fail hard and don't achieve high.

On the other side of things though, I love Hiramaru. He portrays those who's passion started burning again and how age doesn't matter if you want to do something. It was really awesome when he got Aoki. Please don't tell me Nakai will have a chance with Aoki anyway cus that's disgusting.

Aoki's very mellow in the manga now huh? In the anime when she first appeared, I totally forgot how she was so Iwase-ish.
Old 2011-04-19, 11:31   Link #1945
Xagzan

She's one of the biggest character development recipients in the series. Takagi totally helped melt her ice queen shell and that opened the way for Hiramaru to swoop in in his porsche.

Iwase got some development too, but I still wanna see her with Nizuma
Old 2011-04-19, 11:33   Link #1946
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

IIRC, Nakai'd been trying for about 15 years when we first saw him... He's got a lot of flaws, but I don't think it's fair to accuse him of "giving up easily".
Old 2011-04-19, 11:43   Link #1947
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
- she's not looking for a yes-man. She's looking for someone smart enough to argue with her on the literary merits of her stories.

IwaseXNanamine

Though I doubt that will actually happen
Old 2011-04-19, 14:06   Link #1948
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
Nakai's probably the most annoying person in Bakuman. But he's so real. He portrays those people who give up easily once they fail hard and don't achieve high.

On the other side of things though, I love Hiramaru. He portrays those who's passion started burning again and how age doesn't matter if you want to do something. It was really awesome when he got Aoki. Please don't tell me Nakai will have a chance with Aoki anyway cus that's disgusting.

Aoki's very mellow in the manga now huh? In the anime when she first appeared, I totally forgot how she was so Iwase-ish.
When a guy shows up drunk in front of your door screaming that it's your fault for no apparent or logical reason, I highly doubt you'd give him a chance (I know I wouldn't anyways), so I highly doubt someone as upright and intelligent as Aoki would do the same, especially when someone else, even tho he's in costume (epic win for the Bruce Lee outfit ), would come rushing in to protect you from said drunkard. Just sayin'
Old 2011-04-23, 04:11   Link #1949
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Chapter 129:
Old 2011-04-23, 05:18   Link #1950
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I wonder how the Hiramaru x Nakai team will fare. Will they make each other better, or will they just enable each other in their vices? It seems to be starting with the latter, with Nakai fully intent on mooching as much as he can from Hiramaru...
Old 2011-04-23, 06:11   Link #1951
Tiberium Wolf

Disgusting and creepy ch 129. That's all I have to say.
Old 2011-04-23, 06:42   Link #1952
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Not pleased in the slightest...Nakai's still a bastard.
Old 2011-04-23, 08:40   Link #1953
ryuusei

For someone like Nakai I don't know if he deserved this sort of ending, even if only temporary. Just kinda shows he didn't learn a thing about being independent and can only leech off other people. Disappointing end.
Old 2011-04-23, 08:46   Link #1954
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Well, realistically, he did need some help getting back on his feet (since he was already homeless...)

But yeah. He did seem rather shameless.
Old 2011-04-23, 08:48   Link #1955
Freeter
beyond

Spoiler for 129:
Old 2011-04-23, 08:54   Link #1956
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Spoiler for 129:
Spoiler for stuff:
Old 2011-04-23, 10:45   Link #1957
kakakka

ROFL about Nakai/Hiramaru development. It won't end well.
Old 2011-04-23, 11:54   Link #1958
Xagzan

That was...weird. Weird chapter. Not sure what else to say about it. Hiramaru always seems to throw us really unexpected turns of events. First he actually gets Aoki, now this out of the blue.
Old 2011-04-23, 15:34   Link #1959
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I hated the development in this chapter, but it was oh so hilarious. Hiramaru is the man. It seems like Aoki is seriously starting to fall for him. He should graduate from being a simple tea friend soon.
Old 2011-04-23, 16:15   Link #1960
AcroDave
Go Chrome or Go Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
That was...weird. Weird chapter. Not sure what else to say about it. Hiramaru always seems to throw us really unexpected turns of events. First he actually gets Aoki, now this out of the blue.
I don't know where this manga is going anymore... is it even going anywhere? Feels like the plot has just been meandering around lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
As for the ever useless Ashirogi, is Mashiro no longer interested in Azuki? When was the last time she ever got a mention?
Haha. Yeah, for the supposed 'heros' of the story, they sure spend a lot of time standing around watching other characters doing the interesting stuff.

The 'romance' (can you even call it that?) with Azuki is the biggest fail of this series. At least they finally acknowledged it (somewhat) in this chapter with Mashiro thinking about 'the essence of youth'.

I really hope when he goes to this class reunion and sees all his old friends married and getting on with their lives, that he starts to question this retarded decision. The whole idea that you have to put the rest of your life on hold while you pursue your dream just makes me head-desk. Especially now that he is a successful manga artist. ARHGHGH..
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, shounen