AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-03-26, 00:20   Link #2761
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Which is also my main complain about it. How low it get. I read the Spanish translation and they are up to chapter 44 so I know how the tournament arc ended already.
Old 2013-03-26, 00:37   Link #2762
Old_Iron
. . .
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Old_Iron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
Which is also my main complain about it. How low it get. I read the Spanish translation and they are up to chapter 44 so I know how the tournament arc ended already.
Ahh. Gotcha. Well, no spoilers for us please. XD

But give it a few more chapters and hope things pick up. if not... Well, it'll be an unfortunate end to your ViVid experience most likely.
Old 2013-03-26, 00:40   Link #2763
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Well, you seem high spirit about it but I am not. I will admit however that the new thing that seems to be going is a lot more interesting but only by comparing both scenarios. Between nothing and a little something I pick the latter. I just want to end it to get it over and I hope it ends soon enough even when I am afraid it will go on for another 3 years at least.
Old 2013-03-26, 00:49   Link #2764
Old_Iron
. . .
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Old_Iron
Quote:
Well, you seem high spirit about it but I am not. I will admit however that the new thing that seems to be going is a lot more interesting but only by comparing both scenarios. Between nothing and a little something I pick the latter. I just want to end it to get it over and I hope it ends soon enough even when I am afraid it will go on for another 3 years at least.
Some improvement is better than none. But here's hoping for more of the better. =3
Old 2013-03-26, 07:13   Link #2765
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
To me the whole idea of the Adult Form is really... stupid.

Adds nothing but odd visuals and adult fanservice with the loli fanservice and we can use two characters to do both! Efficiency, I love it.
It's double fanservice. Not just for the boobies, but because there's a lot of fans of Kaiser Vivio's character designs (me being one of them). Adult form gives people like me Kaiser Vivio without doing a massive timeskip.

Quote:
Well of course ViVid is nothing new on any way you look at it but that is kind of the problem. It is so… lazy. With the story having non sense of focus over anything or anyone characters come in and out without rhyme or reason so I really know where I am going or why should I care.
So far every character that came and went did so for logical reasons, so this complaint really strikes me as grasping for things to complain about.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 07:56   Link #2766
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

Reading the new RAW snippets without a translation, I have now concluded that Lutecia ships Einhart/Sieg. ┐(゚∀゚)┌
Old 2013-03-26, 08:21   Link #2767
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamura Mamoru View Post
Reading the new RAW snippets without a translation, I have now concluded that Lutecia ships Einhart/Sieg. ┐(゚∀゚)┌
That's because if she can't have Erio or Caro, she's going to grab Vivio and make the little clone hers.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 11:37   Link #2768
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
It's double fanservice. Not just for the boobies, but because there's a lot of fans of Kaiser Vivio's character designs (me being one of them). Adult form gives people like me Kaiser Vivio without doing a massive timeskip.
I don’t mind Kaiser Vivio that much I am just going with the fact that, when you really think about it, the adult mode doesn’t add anything but fanservice. Even if it isn’t for the loli or boobs service, that part was a joke but I will not be surprise if that ends being true, is just because they wanted to have both Vivio’s and really nothing more comes out of it, so I consider the idea stupid really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
So far every character that came and went did so for logical reasons, so this complaint really strikes me as grasping for things to complain about.
No, you don’t get me. What I mean is that the characters introduction and exit from the main spot is really free. I can take anyone in or out and will make as much sense as taking others. For example if I were to remove the Wolkenritter, Nanoha or Fate from their scenes in A’s I could not do it without affecting them. In ViVid I can remove any character at any time and barely notice the difference. The reason being that in matters of story the absence of a character is feel if this one is important but if it isn’t then doesn’t really affect things if he or she is there or not. So when I say they enter and leave without rhyme or reason I mean that they can enter and live at any time because, in the end, it doesn’t matter.
Old 2013-03-26, 12:03   Link #2769
Justin_Brett

We went over that before; you really can't. Just like you can't remove Graham without strongly affecting the story in As, as Movie 2nd proved.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 15:41   Link #2770
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

And Graham has nothing to do with this series. Why bring that up again?
Old 2013-03-26, 15:46   Link #2771
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Because you're arguing the same concept and we've already proven to you that what you're saying doesn't work the way you swear it does.

And before you start up your usual spiel, yes we know you're going to argue that it's not true, while ignoring everything we say, so don't even bother.
Old 2013-03-26, 16:42   Link #2772
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

You ignore what I say when I respong to what you say and poting out why I think my argument holds, despite your reclaims. You see just because you respond doesn't mean the debate is over.
Old 2013-03-26, 16:52   Link #2773
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
The same thing will happen anyway.
Old 2013-03-26, 17:34   Link #2774
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

But we will not need to found ourselves with closed Threads because the discussions get out of hand that often.
Old 2013-03-26, 18:15   Link #2775
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
We didn't have a problem with closed threads until you joined the forum, Sansker. Whether you realize it or not, you pretty much have gone to war with most of the forum.

And before you say it, we have no problems with opinions. You get to have opinions all your want. Many of us here already disagree with each other on the basis of opinions. But while you are entitled to your own opinions, you are not entitled to your own facts.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 18:20   Link #2776
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
No, you don’t get me. What I mean is that the characters introduction and exit from the main spot is really free. I can take anyone in or out and will make as much sense as taking others. For example if I were to remove the Wolkenritter, Nanoha or Fate from their scenes in A’s I could not do it without affecting them. In ViVid I can remove any character at any time and barely notice the difference. The reason being that in matters of story the absence of a character is feel if this one is important but if it isn’t then doesn’t really affect things if he or she is there or not. So when I say they enter and leave without rhyme or reason I mean that they can enter and live at any time because, in the end, it doesn’t matter.
There's a few side-characters you can take out without affecting the story too much (barrier girl springs to mind) but those are but a handful. Many of the others are too important to simply remove. Want to remove Harry? Whelp, you just removed Rio's entire fight. Miura then? Nnnnope, that'd blow up Vivio's fight. Victoria? Surely she's done noth- oh, critical part of Sieglinde's background. Right.
Old 2013-03-26, 18:24   Link #2777
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

But those elements aren’t connected. Remove some of the fights and the others don’t suffer at all from that. No emotional bond is lost because there is almost none, character development is mostly talk on flashbacks that can happen anywhere and the relationships between the characters aren’t interesting. Their dynamics are very similar and boring or they feel force because how they had this past thing that wasn’t mention before all of the sudden taking importance. In the end, there is no real connection in these fights other than they happen in a sequence.
Old 2013-03-26, 18:28   Link #2778
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
I don’t mind Kaiser Vivio that much I am just going with the fact that, when you really think about it, the adult mode doesn’t add anything but fanservice. Even if it isn’t for the loli or boobs service, that part was a joke but I will not be surprise if that ends being true, is just because they wanted to have both Vivio’s and really nothing more comes out of it, so I consider the idea stupid really.
I won't call it a fact since i don't have the source right now but as far as i remeber the Kaiser Armor was powered by the relic isn't? I remeber Quattro smugly mocking RF6's effort of rescuing the Helicopter saying Vivio could survived the explosion and crash completely unharmed anyways. Maybe her armor got damaged after Nanoha took her down with SLB x5?

As far as the Adult Mode goes i found it to be an amusing idea since it's functionality is sort of justified (allowing Vivio to fight iwth her body's full reach and potential at any age, that alone is a great advantage in terms of training and developing techniques). What i don't like is that, as Sansker says, is mostly used for pointless fanservice. Also, i've found interesting when they said the adult mode was an inherent ability of Vivio, that gave her sort of a unique trait, then Einhart comes out with another but you could then tie that to the fact she's connected to Olivie's past ...but then Rio and Miura ...two commoners also have their own adult modes as well ...so yeah, mere excuse for lame fanservice. Another example of Tsuzuki wasting the great potential of an idea/event exposed by him xDU

Quote:

In that exclusive respect, i agree with you, most of the ViVid cast is very expendable, the're there just to give some false sense of plot developement ...but i don't think that mean they're necessarily bad characters themselves. I like some of them very much (Sieglinde! xD ...VICTORIAAA!!! *O*) and i find other amusing, interesting or at the very least fun to watch. Again, to me Tsuzuki is a man who frequently comes up with interesting ideas but fails horribly with their execution xDU

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 18:42   Link #2779
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
But those elements aren’t connected. Remove some of the fights and the others don’t suffer at all from that. No emotional bond is lost because there is almost none, character development is mostly talk on flashbacks that can happen anywhere and the relationships between the characters aren’t interesting. Their dynamics are very similar and boring or they feel force because how they had this past thing that wasn’t mention before all of the sudden taking importance. In the end, there is no real connection in these fights other than they happen in a sequence.
Bolded part is subjective. You keep throwing these things in as fact.

But back to the rest, yes the fights are isolated from the other characters. That doesn't change that if you remove -for example- Rio's fight entirely, you've also erased much of her screentime and made her following scenes weird and lacking in depth as you suddenly have a character who lost... but never got to see that fight. Poof, new plothole.

And the whole past shebang has been part of the story ever since Einhart was introduced.
Old 2013-03-26, 18:51   Link #2780
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Everything is opinion based to be fair there. However the fact remains that in the end the results are what matter. For the little impact they have on the others we might as well just be told what happen because things are deal really fast. You example doesn’t work when you consider Rio’s small role that can be apply to any character actually. Outside from the small time they spend in the front they return to the background and do pretty much nothing there so taking they spot light parts doesn’t create much of a plot hole but just adding more insignificance to those characters.

Also no, it hasn’t. The whole past thing was brought out at the begging, forget about during the tournament, bring back again in a really force manner and is now important all of the sudden when they never seem to consider it like that in the first place. I’m just saying that if the Blekan past thing was the theme of the series they did a pretty good job hiding it.

Tags
vivid