AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-03-12, 13:17   Link #2261
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
Nanoha and Raising heart NSFW....but with FATE's POV..... yes that's right, she's there too!

Spoiler for Nanoha and Raising Heart! NSFW:

As we should have excepted from you, Sata-nyan

Quote:
Nanoha crits you for 1337.
Nanoha falls over and pants
Fate sweatdrops.
Your find epic loot!
Fate rolls 76
Nanoha rolls 69
Nanoha recieves loot Raising Heart
Fate says: OMG ninja!
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 13:18   Link #2262
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

We totally need more WoW-themed randomness amirite?

And I wish I could foreshadow effectively.
Dunno how long until I update anything on my end either. I just... Haven't been able to get motivated to write... *sigh*

EDIT:
I still feel tempted to play the WoW card game
Old 2008-03-12, 14:02   Link #2263
toran
Kyonko Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Final vote count:

A:
B: IIIIIIIII
C: I
D: IIIIIII

Commencing writing.
Seems that I'm the only one who voted for C.

Quote:
Foreshadowing is foreshadowing :3

I know ^^

and......probably @_@

Nanoha crits you for 1337.
Nanoha falls over and pants
Fate sweatdrops.
Your find epic loot!
Fate rolls 76
Nanoha rolls 69
Nanoha recieves loot Raising Heart
Fate says: OMG ninja!
I thought Ninja Looting is getting to the loot in the middle of combat. Is Wow Looting different, in that if someone gets the rights, after a period of time, someone else can grab it? I can't remember. (Over a year since I've played.)

Quote:
Please make your votes bold and blue :3

Nanoha and Raising heart NSFW....but with FATE's POV..... yes that's right, she's there too!

At the end I couldn't help but be reminded of Rally Vincent and her guns.
toran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 15:08   Link #2264
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post

We totally need more WoW-themed randomness amirite?

EDIT:
I still feel tempted to play the WoW card game
WoW references are good references .

And the card game is fun :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
And I wish I could foreshadow effectively.
Dunno how long until I update anything on my end either. I just... Haven't been able to get motivated to write... *sigh*
Don't rush it. Take your time and I'm sure it'll come to you . Remember, unless it's fun and you have fun doing it, take a step back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toran View Post
I thought Ninja Looting is getting to the loot in the middle of combat. Is Wow Looting different, in that if someone gets the rights, after a period of time, someone else can grab it? I can't remember. (Over a year since I've played.)
Ninja-ing loot is the act of taking loot before people have the opportunity to see if they need it, taking loot when you didn't win it, or taking loot when others need it and you don't (can't use/have better).

Spoiler for NINJA!!!:
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 15:14   Link #2265
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
WoW references are good references .

And the card game is fun :3
I bet it is
They just don't have tournaments for it and my brother wouldn't wanna play with me so... @__@

Quote:
Don't rush it. Take your time and I'm sure it'll come to you . Remember, unless it's fun and you have fun doing it, take a step back.
What is this word "fun" mean?
I'm sure it'll come... Whenever I'm not just dying of stress.
Old 2008-03-12, 15:15   Link #2266
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by toran View Post
there is a roll system where you can click "need" or "greed". self explanatory. If someone clicks need when they don't need it, or if they agree to pass on an item and then someone waits till everyone passes and then needs it they are a ninja.

Anyway, on topic:

This is an idea for a small series of shorts. Fate's POV, canon timeline, senior year in school.
Spoiler for Week, part 1:
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 15:46   Link #2267
AshLikeSnow
potato
*Author

Send a message via AIM to AshLikeSnow
Quote:

Quote:
there is a roll system where you can click "need" or "greed". self explanatory. If someone clicks need when they don't need it, or if they agree to pass on an item and then someone waits till everyone passes and then needs it they are a ninja.

Anyway, on topic:

This is an idea for a small series of shorts. Fate's POV, canon timeline, senior year in school.
Aiii ~
Had a feeling that the RH one was going to be a tease as soon as we realise that the door was locked lol. Was still a good read though, and I can just imagine how flustered Fate would be after

New idea sounds good, except that Nanoha sounds a little bit too upbeat still for someone who is supposedly shocked. Still a good premise though me thinks

editness: no. I take that back. She can't really do much else in that situation but smile to try comfort her.
AshLikeSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 16:45   Link #2268
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:

:3 That was even better then if it had been what Fate thought it was (Fate you perv )

The new series of shorts interests me but I feel like I've seen the premise before (Fate (sometimes Nanoha) confesses she's gay and likes Nanoha (sometimes Fate) Nanoha (or Fate) has to think about it) so it's going to be what comes next that decides it for me.
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 17:21   Link #2269
Gillian
sitting on NxF bench

Quote:
Anyway, on topic:

cute short
looking forward to more

little offtopic:
did I read here somthing about an IRC -channel for Outer Cadia or I'm imagine things?
when I don't imagine things, then I ask next, is there also an IRC channel for the FF-thread?
Gillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 17:24   Link #2270
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

There is an IRC for the OC-thread, yes. It was done to keep the random chatter that has a tendency to apear in the thread to a minimum, and avoid that the risk of the thread being locked for off-topicness. I myself don't use it, can't spare the time, really. But seeing how the Fanfic thread is far less... ehm... sensitive to random chatter, I don't think its really necissary, don't you?

Besides, I'd hate to think people will start voting on my fics on a source I have no access to.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 18:07   Link #2271
Gillian
sitting on NxF bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
There is an IRC for the OC-thread, yes. It was done to keep the random chatter that has a tendency to apear in the thread to a minimum, and avoid that the risk of the thread being locked for off-topicness. I myself don't use it, can't spare the time, really. But seeing how the Fanfic thread is far less... ehm... sensitive to random chatter, I don't think its really necissary, don't you?

Besides, I'd hate to think people will start voting on my fics on a source I have no access to.
thank you for the information

and IRC is always fun*I'm on a chanel, only occupied by me, don't found others or they don't have time or feel like join the channel --> more fore me^^*

btw
can you tell me the data for the channel?
#name
#which server

thank you
Old 2008-03-12, 18:31   Link #2272
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillian View Post
thank you for the information

and IRC is always fun*I'm on a chanel, only occupied by me, don't found others or they don't have time or feel like join the channel --> more fore me^^*

btw
can you tell me the data for the channel?
#name
#which server

thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
I got it!

Go to Mibbit.com here (bookmark the link ). After that, leave the "connect to specific server" on mibbit.com, change the channel to #outercadia, your nickname to whatever, and set password to "nanoha" (all lowercase).

DO IT NAO. CADIANS, WE HAS IRC.

It's the OC channel, so please show respect to the topics discussed and remember that you are a guest in their channel ^^ but have fun!
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 18:49   Link #2273
Gillian
sitting on NxF bench

Quote:
It's the OC channel, so please show respect to the topics discussed and remember that you are a guest in their channel ^^ but have fun!
thx Satashi

Now I have to find out, how it works, but I thought it would be only to add one channel*sigh*(I use atm a IRC script, therefore I asked^^)
it seems, nobody can get everything
Old 2008-03-12, 19:26   Link #2274
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillian View Post
thx Satashi

Now I have to find out, how it works, but I thought it would be only to add one channel*sigh*(I use atm a IRC script, therefore I asked^^)
it seems, nobody can get everything
Just ask Kagerou, or possibly TShouryuu, because they were the ones who established the channel I believe, plus they seem quite fluent in the ways of the IRC Script, so they should be able to help you out :3

LOL And be careful, the discussions we Outer Cadians have can be quite...intense :3
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 20:49   Link #2275
AshLikeSnow
potato
*Author

Aheheh.. sorta done a one-shot

First time at it so I'm not really sure how well I done. I guess you could call it romance, but more along the lines of friendship.. omg this thing is hard to place haha.

Anyway, how bout giving it a read and letting me know what you think? :3

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4128040/1/
Old 2008-03-12, 22:23   Link #2276
Kourin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshLikeSnow View Post

First time at it so I'm not really sure how well I done. I guess you could call it romance, but more along the lines of friendship.. omg this thing is hard to place haha.

You had me fooled in the beginning. I guess I was expecting NanoFate so immediately I read it as that. shouldn’t judge before actually reading. Heh.

Quote:
He smiled at me then said he acts a lot like a brother or father figure would, and that since I had feelings like that for him, it meant I considered him a part of my family.
This sentence seems a little awkward. could be broken up into smaller sentences cuz otherwise, it feels too... long and heavy at the moment.

Quote:
A silence pierced after an eternity by a confession.
reading this sentence, i got confused as to which was the direct object. it took a few reads to get what you wanted to say. i'm guessing you wanted to end the sentence using 'confession' but might want to consider changing it a bit to read a little more smoothly.

Quote:
“And so after that he told me that he wasn’t the one for me. He told me that he wasn’t my most important person, someone who would be willing to give the world for me, and that I’m sure I’d find them one day, whoever or wherever they may be.”
did you mean "and that he was sure that I'd fine them one day--"?

and like this sentence, the parts where Nanoha recalled what Yuuno told her, there were a lot of 'told's and 'that' which made it a little difficult to read and no doubt for Nanoha to say. so might want to consider changing things up a bit more with sentence structure variations and maybe trim down a bit on what Yuuno said. or not have Nanoha recount everything Yuuno said and just talk about her feelings/reflections.

ok. done with the criticisms. I like your way with words, especially in the descriptions. The entire piece flowed nicely using Fate's POV. And seems like Yuuno has some interesting insights into Nanoha’s feelings. Though it might be the NanoFate goggles again. Overall, this was a pleasant one shot to read. Had a very natural slice-of-life kind of feel to it.

Anyways, I hope people won’t hate me for saying this but since Fate and Nanoha is together in most fics, it seems like there’s temptation to give Hayate someone too. But without build up, I personally have trouble seeing Hayate with Yuuno. They barely even talked to each other throughout StrikerS and A’s. What’s wrong with leaving Hayate single?

Last edited by Kourin; 2008-03-12 at 22:48.
Kourin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 23:09   Link #2277
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
I never realized how a calm day, the sounds of water splashing, the sounds of the birds flying you, the sounds of daily life pass by, the beautiful voice (and body) of the tour guide as she rows your gondola across the Grand Canal can heal your tired body and soul...

Ahh... Neo Venezia is Bliss...

Spoiler for Fanfic Snippet: ARIA ~The Sonata~ | Mixed with a bit of Nanoha:

*rows gondola before Lowe/Liingo/Kha sees it*
Arisa and Susuka!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markesellus View Post
You know it's amazing how many pages get filled in the span of a couple of days on the forums. I read through the whole forum from beginning to end. So much time...
And you jsut joined? Wow!
I still don't pass from page 20 T_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam the Onion View Post
No backlog today as I'm pretty busy.

Spoiler for Scenarios 60 & 61:

Lots of words but only two scenarios

Quote:

Fate, you have some dirty thougs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post

Ninja-ing loot is the act of taking loot before people have the opportunity to see if they need it, taking loot when you didn't win it, or taking loot when others need it and you don't (can't use/have better).

Spoiler for NINJA!!!:

We need some Ninja pesticide T3T
Old 2008-03-13, 00:33   Link #2278
AshLikeSnow
potato
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kourin View Post
You had me fooled in the beginning. I guess I was expecting NanoFate so immediately I read it as that. shouldn’t judge before actually reading. Heh.

This sentence seems a little awkward. could be broken up into smaller sentences cuz otherwise, it feels too... long and heavy at the moment.

reading this sentence, i got confused as to which was the direct object. it took a few reads to get what you wanted to say. i'm guessing you wanted to end the sentence using 'confession' but might want to consider changing it a bit to read a little more smoothly.

did you mean "and that he was sure that I'd fine them one day--"?

and like this sentence, the parts where Nanoha recalled what Yuuno told her, there were a lot of 'told's and 'that' which made it a little difficult to read and no doubt for Nanoha to say. so might want to consider changing things up a bit more with sentence structure variations and maybe trim down a bit on what Yuuno said. or not have Nanoha recount everything Yuuno said and just talk about her feelings/reflections.

ok. done with the criticisms. I like your way with words, especially in the descriptions. The entire piece flowed nicely using Fate's POV. And seems like Yuuno has some interesting insights into Nanoha’s feelings. Though it might be the NanoFate goggles again. Overall, this was a pleasant one shot to read. Had a very natural slice-of-life kind of feel to it.

Anyways, I hope people won’t hate me for saying this but since Fate and Nanoha is together in most fics, it seems like there’s temptation to give Hayate someone too. But without build up, I personally have trouble seeing Hayate with Yuuno. They barely even talked to each other throughout StrikerS and A’s. What’s wrong with leaving Hayate single?
Wow, thanks for pointing those things out. I went back over and tried to fix those issues up. I must admit I didn't give it as thorough a check as I normally do because I was a bit proccupied. That should teach me to post things without scanning over a few times properly :x I'll reupload the corrected version when FFN finishes maintenance.

And ah yeh, I guess that I had planned to confused people a little about the confession things. Felt like giving people a tease lol

Regarding the Yuuno x Hatate thing though, in this fic I found it necessary for Yuuno to have someone he supposedly liked to increase the emotional impact on Nanoha. The thing is though that I had originally thought about putting Chrono, but then scrapped the idea because it seemed a bit random and hilarious in my mind, and it was meant to be a serious atmosphere. And so, with out many serious candidates otherwise, except pulling an OC out of my butt, I decided it would have to be Hayate. Not only is she the right age, she was in an ideal kind of relation to Nanoha for the implications to affect her... and I'm rambling again. lol

Anyway, thank you very much for your critique, it is very much appreciated. I'm glad you found my awkward writing enjoyable haha
Old 2008-03-13, 01:36   Link #2279
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Anyway, on topic:

O3O

Amazing! I can't wait to hear Nanoha's answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshLikeSnow View Post

Very cute I most confess, good work Amigo.
P.D. If i have Yunno in front of me, I strike him right in his Face
Old 2008-03-13, 02:34   Link #2280
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

I prefere to let my previus post just for replys and this for this story
Enjoy and I will be thankfull for some opinions

Spoiler for Hayate:

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha