AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2012-09-30, 16:22   Link #1
Tran225

Blurry, Bad Color (MAC)

I have trouble playing some of the anime videos that I have. They are in MKV format and the problem is that when the video is playing, often times the video would have some bad colors. Everything else is fine, the subtitles sync with the video, there is no lag or whatsoever.

The 2 video players I am using is Quicktime (w/ Perian) and MPlayer OSX. Both have the same problem.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u...0at21929PM.png
Old 2012-09-30, 19:57   Link #2
sa547
*Author

Try checking other videos, play a DVD for color playback adjustment or it could be a botched/corrupted download which needs to be grabbed again.
Old 2012-09-30, 22:27   Link #3
Tran225

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Try checking other videos, play a DVD for color playback adjustment or it could be a botched/corrupted download which needs to be grabbed again.
its not just that file, there are other files that are like that too. But I also have ones that are okay too.
Old 2012-10-01, 18:15   Link #4
EBK

So, I'm just guessing here, but it seems very likely the problem is you're not using an up-to-date player that can properly play hi10p video. This is never going to work with Perian. If you're having this problem with MPlayer OSX Extended, I'm also guessing you're not using the beta version. You've got a few options here, depending on what you want to do:

1. Keep using your current player, but update it. First, go to the "general" section of the MPlayer OSX Extended's preferences and select "check for stable and beta updates," then update to the rev15 beta. Then, go here, download the second file on that list, then just double click it and it should install easily. All your files will likely play fine.

2. You can get this fork of MPlayerOSX Extended and install the file I mentioned in the first option. It will work the same way. The fork has some improvements and bugfixes.

3. I don't recommend it, but VLC would also play these videos correctly, if for some reason you don't like any of the other alternatives.
Old 2012-10-01, 19:04   Link #5
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBK View Post

3. I don't recommend it, but VLC would also play these videos correctly, if for some reason you don't like any of the other alternatives.
Why don't you recommend VLC? I have always gotten the cleanest, smoothest video from using VLC and it plays everything.
Old 2012-10-01, 20:12   Link #6
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

VLC can handle 10-bit files no problem. I would recommend it above all else. Give that a shot and see if it produces better results: if it doesn't, it might be an issue with the videos themselves.
Old 2012-10-03, 04:31   Link #7
Tran225

thanks problem solved