Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2013-05-02, 21:01   Link #3881
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceaco View Post
I just started watching maoyuu anime and they remind me of kirito/asuna for some reason..
Cause OP male lead and adorable female lead?
Old 2013-05-04, 13:27   Link #3882
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Sword Art Online Progressive Novel Gets Manga in June

Interesting.
Old 2013-05-04, 18:00   Link #3883
sky black swordman

^ That's great news, I'll be looking forward to the manga.
Old 2013-05-05, 06:21   Link #3884
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

“Obviously. …Rath’s plans likely had the Human World forming up a mighty army capable of opposing the Dark Territory right about now. Their usage authorities for equipment and sacred arts would increase by continuously battling against the minor but incessant raids of goblins, while working out swordsmanship styles and group tactics applicable for actual combat. Howeever, as you know as well, that is far from the present situation. Swordsmen don’t experience actual combat even once, pursuing nothing but the appearance of their styles, and the army commanders, the higher class nobles, are wallowing in extravagance. The entire state of affairs is one brought about by Administrator and the integrity knights she created.”

"Listen here… even if a ruler like Administrator did not appear and the world continued down its originally planned track, the opposite would happen instead; the humans would have built up a mighty army, invaded the Dark Territory, and subjected the inhabitants of that country to the limits of atrocity as they massacred them to the very end!”

Lol Alicization is definitely a Civ and Philosophy simulation. But yeah reading this part, it pretty much summarized the initial RATH plan for the Underworld.

Also Vol. 12 got updated by Tap.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 06:29   Link #3885
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Spoiler tags, Netto. O :
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 08:36   Link #3886
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

I COULD agree, but this is an LN thread, where LN spoilers are expected. XD
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 22:32   Link #3887
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Yeah... I'm pretty sure spoiler tags are only required for things that haven't been published in Light Novel form...
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 22:49   Link #3888
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Ah well. Not as if we didn't know about that anyway.
Old 2013-05-07, 08:10   Link #3889
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

There wasn't any reason for those who read the LN up to the latest ep to not check WN anyway, but still, WN spoilers to be on the safe zone, eh?

Anyway, with the pacing going on, we'll most likely be finished......in Volume 16, not 15. XD
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 10:44   Link #3890
M.A.D

There are people who do that, really. They're only interested in reading the novel, so they didn't look much into it and don't even know that there exists a WN. And then they stumble onto this forum and got spoiled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Cool! Seems that the artist they picked this time is better than the previous two, but still not as good as Minami Juusei. If only she would do the main series...
M.A.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 05:45   Link #3891
Lusol

Hi. I was wondering since you're all discussing the web novel it seems, could someone PLEASE mail me a link to the English version. I want to read it since finishing up the LN to taps latest translation of Volume 12.
Lusol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 08:52   Link #3892
Awrya
U mad?

Web Novel summaries are all in this thread, but scattered everywhere.
I think they started like ~50 pages ago and I don't think someone has compiled them into a single post.
Old 2013-05-18, 09:31   Link #3893
l.kostas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusol View Post
Hi. I was wondering since you're all discussing the web novel it seems, could someone PLEASE mail me a link to the English version. I want to read it since finishing up the LN to taps latest translation of Volume 12.
Look at the links at the first post of this page, iceaco's signature.
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 21:46   Link #3894
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Web Novel summaries are all in this thread, but scattered everywhere.
I think they started like ~50 pages ago and I don't think someone has compiled them into a single post.
As l.kostas have mentioned, iceaco has them archived in his sig. Another version is in my sig as well, and M.A.D have his own version somewhere too.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 22:17   Link #3895
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:
Don't think you can find an english version...
The summaries mentioned, are just that.. summaries from the Chinese translations...
Old 2013-05-19, 17:59   Link #3896
M.A.D

Quote:
Latest translation of volume 12 is the latest (lol, see what I did there?).

Anyway, there's no one other than Tap translating it, so PLEASE wait patiently and don't forget to thank him for doing a good deed. (It's not even a "good job", since he's not getting paid).
M.A.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 07:40   Link #3897
Yami no Ou
まおう

thanks Flere bro for the summaries of the web novel
Old 2013-05-23, 06:40   Link #3898
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Really is Eternal September, ain't it?

I think Tap reads but doesn't post here, so I'll speak on his behalf:

Lusol, it seems that you've made an account specifically to ask this question, so I'll answer you to the best as I can too. The WEB novel available in only two languages: the original Japanese version, and the Chinese translations, which Flere821 spent about two weeks reading and summarising for us. As you can see from iceaco's compilation, that was a huge, high-levelled summary. That's the closest to a translation as one can get for now.

(While I do see a WEB novel section on BT, it's been unchanged for over a month now, so I'm just taking it as an interest to translate, as opposed to a translation project.)

As for the parts of the translators, it really is voluntary. Let me emphasise that as clearly as possible. Voluntary. We translate as a hobby/side project, it's not us translating for a living. Teh_Ping or js06 would be rich now if they did.

If it draws any parallels to you, I myself confessed I too want fast translations. But, once I figured I can do so by contributing, I stopped whining to myself and went to pick up V5, V11, and V12 of Accel World. If you are familiar with Chinese, at least, then I could understand if you want an English version for reference to read. However, it's pretty likely you're a fan reader, so I ask again: exercise patience. Pick up another hobby, find a way to keep your mind in shape. (aka, study. ) When translations come out, they will.

I foolishly wish this is the last time I or another translators need to state this fact.
Old 2013-05-23, 10:30   Link #3899
l.kostas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusjecht View Post
(While I do see a WEB novel section on BT, it's been unchanged for over a month now, so I'm just taking it as an interest to translate, as opposed to a translation project.)
Someone has posted this at a Baka-Tsuki forum just before that section was created:
Quote:
by 746939454
Hello. I would like to use currently available SAO's english translation of published version on bakatsuki plus some self-translated text from Chinese fan-translated web version to English in order to produce an English translation of web version of SAO.
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 13:18   Link #3900
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Looking at the other versions on Baka-Tsuki, and how English is the only one that has everything almost up-to-date, makes me want to translate the spanish one, but then I remember that my spanish spelling is horrible XD

Would be nice if other people would be willing to translate to other languages though...

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality