AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/Zero - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 65 58.56%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 32.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 4.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 2.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.80%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-04-19, 19:26   Link #141
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Looked good, story is good, acting is good... but these do not change the fact that I am watching:
  • a stubborn idiot chopping a giant squid
  • a possessed jet hunting a flying golden throne
A Couple things:

1. Who's the stubborn idiot? Anyway, Saber and Rider kept fighting the giant squid because they had to keep it from reaching shore, remember? So even if their attacks aren't proving effective, it's not like they can just ignore the squid.

2. A possessed jet hunting a flying golden throne is highly creative and fun! This isn't hard sci-fi, so I don't know why viewers would judge it by the standards of hard sci-fi. Fate/Zero explicitly has magi and magic in it. I'd be more disappointed if Fate/Zero didn't have "far out there" combat like this. If you're going to have fantasy action in your show then you might as well have some fun with it!
Old 2012-04-19, 20:05   Link #142
giorno

wait...you mean...there is someone out there who didn't like gil vs 'zerker goin' top gun?!?!?!?!?!
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 20:09   Link #143
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Finally caught up.

That was a really fun episode. Animation quality was superb as always. The scene where Saber used Excalibur was just awe-striking due to the effects. Not to mention, the creators managed to sneak in a short scene of Jeanne. She did look similar to Saber, no wonder Caster was totally convinced that he found Jeanne at last.

Last edited by Silvance; 2012-04-19 at 20:16. Reason: deleted the question since it's been answered
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 23:10   Link #144
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
wait...you mean...there is someone out there who didn't like gil vs 'zerker goin' top gun?!?!?!?!?!
I guess so. Not much beats a good ol' arial dogfight though IMO. Definitely was one of the most exciting and well animated arial combat scenes I've ever seen in anime.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 02:49   Link #145
Crontica

I see a lot of posts got moved, anyway i went to read the typemoon wiki and a lot of things started to make sense of course taking care to avoid spoiling my self on the current fate/zero anime, these authors really put a lot of care into this fate universe, i'm almost tempted to play the fate novels but i'm still foolishly holding on to the possibility that they will do a complete anime adaptation of the entire franchise.

I didn't think Tsukihime, Fate/staynight/zero and all the other type moon titles where so interconnected until i read the wiki, It also made me see Fairy Tail in a new light as if it wasn't awesome enough already.

Alas i cant even utter a peep without even spoiling most of the object proprieties in this fate/zero anime, just be assured that it is going to be an awesome ride.
Old 2012-04-21, 22:44   Link #146
SJCrew
Anachro-Romeo

A few interesting things happened in this episode. For one, I am beginning to like Lancer. He is more or less a male version of Saber, which is why they hold such a mutual respect for each other. Saber stuck by Shirou even when Rin was her master, and Lancer holds the same loyalty to the master that summoned him. What he had to do in order to allow Saber to destroy Caster only confirms what I thought about him all along. He's much less overbearing about his knighthood than Saber, though.

Rider needs to give Saber a little more credit. I agree with most of what he says about the way she lived, and that it was wrong, but the way he continues to berate her even after their exchange in episode 11 sort of rubs me the wrong way.

"The light comes from her having taken all of her peoples' hopes onto herself."

No shit, sir. That's what a leader does. They don't have to sacrifice their entire lifestyle to do what Saber did, but if you don't approve of her as a person, at least acknowledge that she had noble intentions.

I award this episode a 7/10.
SJCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 09:05   Link #147
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

15th War: Golden Shine

Without spoiling Fate/stay Night I saw the beginnings of Archer (Gilgamesh) becoming such a jerk towards Saber after bearing witness to the light Saber carries; the light of all those dying and entrusting their hopes to their King.

Rider should give Saber more credit, that's true, however, regardless of the thorny path she chose in her life and ended being consumed by her ideals, Rider acknowledged the pain that Saber bore in life. This is unlike Gilgamesh, who derives sweet pleasure from other's misfortune and tragic continuities.

He starts to get smitten to Saber only because he found that Golden Shine too sweetly painful, so painful that for him was so much fun and entertaining to watch, much to Rider's disgust.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 02:35   Link #148
Touko

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJCrew View Post
A few interesting things happened in this episode. For one, I am beginning to like Lancer. He is more or less a male version of Saber, which is why they hold such a mutual respect for each other. Saber stuck by Shirou even when Rin was her master, and Lancer holds the same loyalty to the master that summoned him. What he had to do in order to allow Saber to destroy Caster only confirms what I thought about him all along. He's much less overbearing about his knighthood than Saber, though.

Rider needs to give Saber a little more credit. I agree with most of what he says about the way she lived, and that it was wrong, but the way he continues to berate her even after their exchange in episode 11 sort of rubs me the wrong way.

"The light comes from her having taken all of her peoples' hopes onto herself."

No shit, sir. That's what a leader does. They don't have to sacrifice their entire lifestyle to do what Saber did, but if you don't approve of her as a person, at least acknowledge that she had noble intentions.

I award this episode a 7/10.
Noble intentions or just pure foolishness?

An analogy is that, everyone has a glass vase. Sabre offered to carry EVERYONE's glass vase, all 100 of them. The idea is nice and all, but she bit off more than she could chew. Eventually, Sabre dropped all 100 vases, and thus she failed. And now, she still refuses to accept that her effort was futile.

Rider simply pointed out Sabre's futility, even though he acknowledges the thoughts are nice (nice on paper, since she failed catastrophically in the end anyways).

Gilgamesh? He just enjoyed pointing and laughing at Sabre's failure. And finding Sabre's flailing about cute.
Touko is offline   Reply With Quote