Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2014-09-17, 23:47   Link #21
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus54 View Post
I'm not very far into the show yet but the show makes no sense to me from several points militarily. Why did they not build their fortress across a body of water and or a mountain? A mountain and water would leave the titans far more vulnerable, especially to cannon fire. A mountain would've prevented titans from getting running momentum to break down the wall as well as keep titans from using both hands. Why don't they have traps set outside the walls? Why are there no underground shelters to protect people and protect supplies such as the gas? As well as tunnels to transport by the walls? Also, tunnels could be used to ambush the enemy. Why do the soldiers scream when they attack; do they want to be heard and die? What happens at night? Do Titans sleep, can they not see well at night?
1) That assuming if they can safely get the workers there in the first place to built the fortress and as well as lived to finished it.

2) Traps are used but primarily for capturing live titans, setting them outside will be just a waste of resource.

3) There is a underground place but I won't go into details about since it'll be spoilers for you. Also that underground place is not what you think it is.

4) Why do they screams? Well rules of cool indicate so.

5) Tunnels in the walls? Bad idea because [spoilers].

6) Titans used sunlight as their energy, so no sunlight equal the titans being less active.
Old 2014-09-18, 00:56   Link #22
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus54 View Post
I'm not very far into the show yet but the show makes no sense to me from several points militarily. Why did they not build their fortress across a body of water and or a mountain? A mountain and water would leave the titans far more vulnerable, especially to cannon fire. A mountain would've prevented titans from getting running momentum to break down the wall as well as keep titans from using both hands. Why don't they have traps set outside the walls? Why are there no underground shelters to protect people and protect supplies such as the gas? As well as tunnels to transport by the walls? Also, tunnels could be used to ambush the enemy. Why do the soldiers scream when they attack; do they want to be heard and die? What happens at night? Do Titans sleep, can they not see well at night?
There isn't a lot we can tell you without heavily spoiling things, especially if you're an anime-only viewer.

I will say though that the traps wouldn't be very cost-effective, for one thing there's the risk of going out of the walls to set them up in the first place. Then you have to realize that resources are limited and while the traps might kill a few Titans I doubt they would be able to make enough of an impact on Titan numbers to justify the risk and cost of using them.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
attack, titan