AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2023-05-29, 15:22   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 1085 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

It's that time! Credit goes to AP's Redon and co. for info:

-Chapter title is "Death of Nefertari Cobra". Splash features Franky.

-Continuing from last chapter... Imu finally speaks! They say that they have a couple statements and a question for Cobra. Alabasta's ruler, interestingly enough, recognizes the name "Imu" from among the WG's 20 founders, but he gets cut off when trying to press the issue. First, Imu explains that the "D" clan have been their enemy in the past, though their current descendants are unaware of the meaning behind the name. Secondly, they blame Lily for the fact that the Poneglyphs are spread throughout the world to this day. Next, as the elders point guns at Cobra, Imu asks him the name of the sender of that letter he mentioned. Realizing that his fate is sealed at this point, the king answers: NEFERTARI D. LILY.

-Upon hearing Cobra's answer, Imu (or one of their servants) shoots an arrow at the king, wounding him! Sabo, who was hiding nearby, exposes himself and shoots some flames at Imu, but the mysterious ruler transforms into some giant beast and swallows the fire! The elders follow suit, also transforming into giant creatures (all only shown in silhouette form, as well as Imu). Faced against so many powerful enemies, Sabo grabs Cobra and decides to escape! However, Imu is hot on their tail! As they run, Cobra tells Sabo to inform both Vivi and Luffy that they share the same "D" lineage....!!!

-Sabo has a brief flashback where he comments on Luffy and Ace sharing the "D" name. Ace playfully christens him with a D as well, calling him Sa D. Bo. Back in the present, both Sabo and Cobra got wounded, but the latter begins reciting the letter left behind by Lily. While part of it gets cut off from us readers, it says to protect the Poneglyphs and to raise the flag of "dawn" to the world. As Imu goes in for another attack, Cobra sacrifices himself to block the attack, giving Sabo a chance to escape! Unfortunately, this also results in the death of the benevolent ruler....

-As it turns out, there's been someone else bearing witness to these extraordinary events this whole time: WAPOL. He's been peeping in on the situation through a hole in the wall..... but Imu noticed him, causing the cowardly king to scurry off! Shortly afterward, a message is sent announcing that neither Cobra or Wapol will be attending the Reverie meeting. Meanwhile, Vivi is being held captive by CP0, who are discussing the current situation: After the attack on Charloss, Sai and Leo announced themselves as pirates under Luffy's banner! Also, it turns out that admiral Fujitora allowed the liberated slaves to safely escape (which Ryokugyu gets mad at him for, heh). SUddenly, in the middle of their conversation, Wapol bursts into their room! Vivi takes advantage of this distraction to escape from the agents, taking Wapol along with her! The chapter ends with the both of them running past Wapol's wife Kinderella, who's totally confused as to why the both of them are together....!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2023-05-31 at 16:16.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-29, 16:02   Link #2
Gerard07

Seen the spoilers; Vivi is a descendant of a "D", it was confirmed that the Goroise elders are apparently reasonably strong, and Wapol also saw Imu but... how could he get Vivi back from CP0?, wait for more spoilers!.

Last edited by Gerard07; 2023-05-29 at 16:46.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-29, 19:22   Link #3
WyrdMonger

I think we already figured out by now that Imu has been ruling the World Government since it’s creation.
But I always thought they were originally a member of the Great Kingdom the Twenty Founders defeated, and simply sold out their homeland to rule the world, since the ancient kingdom did have the three Super Weapons.
WyrdMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-29, 20:33   Link #4
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

So, I assume Vivi's full name was Nefertari D. Vivi, was it?

I wonder how Wapol can rescue Vivi from CP0 since we already know that she's with Wapol inside Morgans HQ when Egghead starts.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-30, 15:02   Link #5
marvelB

Summary updated, and boy, there is a LOT to take in this chapter. Not only does Imu finally speak (they apparently refer to themselves with a third person "Mu", BTW), but their power is revealed, as well.... or at least partly, anyway. Seems Imu AND the elders are all Zoans... maybe ancient or mythical type? All awakened, perhaps? Well, at the very least, this definitely confirms that Saturn is the arc boss of Egghead....

And damn, mad respect to Cobra for protecting Sabo like that.... it's just too bad the WG inevitably twisted the truth and pinned the blame on Sabo, instead. And speaking of, Ace may have been joking about his new name for his brother, but just watch Sabo actually make it official soon enough, you mark my words!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-30, 17:06   Link #6
Gerard07

Having seen the new spoilers, there was a little conversation between Imu and Cobra, the old men from Goroise are Zoan fruit users, Ace jokingly named Sabo a "D" XD, and Wapol escapes with Vivi, it's definitely a good chapter, though wait for more details.
Old 2023-05-30, 17:06   Link #7
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This sounds like an amazing chapter. Was Imu actually unaware that Lily was a D? He says he initially thought the spread of the Poneglyph was a mistake on her part but eventually started thinking it was intentional. I'm thinking she might have been a spy, or more likely took on the D initial as a gesture of rebellion (hence the scene with Sabo hinting it's not so much a lineage as a way of life) after realizing the horrible mistake she had made siding with those assholes.

Sa D. bo sounds hilarious though. Buggy D. Clown soon.
Old 2023-05-30, 17:15   Link #8
cyberdemon

So why did someone of the clan of d decide to help create the world government? Even if she later refused to join herself.
Old 2023-05-30, 17:48   Link #9
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
So why did someone of the clan of d decide to help create the world government? Even if she later refused to join herself.
Like I said, she most likely took on the D initial when she decided to rebel against them. The Sabo scene is a very not so subtle way of telling us that.
Old 2023-05-30, 19:38   Link #10
Rainbowman

So basically, “Emperor” Imu was the Nefertari Cobra’s murderer and I feel that Cobra’s wife Lily may have met the same fate at an earlier time. And the biggest revelation is that the Nefertari family has the D middle name. I find it funny that Sabo was about to be christened as Sa D Bo. 🤣 Would like to see a picture of those silhouettes to try to figure out what we’re dealing with.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-30, 21:31   Link #11
Gerard07

After seeing the spoilers (again), I had the following question; why hasn't Wapol told Morgans what really happened, about who killed Cobra and about the Secret Ruler ("Imu"), knowing Morgans, surely he would be happy to tell the world that news, Wapol is even keeping the information for any reason?.
The other thing, how come Imu managed to live 800 years? What seems more possible to me is that a previous user of Ope-Ope no Mi made "Imu" immortal, which is why that fruit is so highly prized by the World Government.
What do you all think?.

Last edited by Gerard07; 2023-05-31 at 13:46.
Old 2023-05-31, 00:10   Link #12
Hoodspirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
So basically, “Emperor” Imu was the Nefertari Cobra’s murderer and I feel that Cobra’s wife Lily may have met the same fate at an earlier time.
Small correction: Titi was Cobra's wife, Lili was a Queen living 800 years ago.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-31, 03:32   Link #13
patnam

so the D is the enemy of Imu and the World Government, the only answer of all these will be in ONE PIECE treasure…
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-31, 10:33   Link #14
grecefar

who would've know that wapol was that good?, he escape the gorousei and cp0 in the same day.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-31, 17:58   Link #15
WyrdMonger

I guess Wapol can kiss his marriage goodbye.
WyrdMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-31, 23:45   Link #16
patnam

Wapol gonna be MVP moment...?!
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-01, 06:36   Link #17
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The translation made me even more confident in my interpretation, though I can't discount the possibility Lily was an undercover D. all along. There's the Sabo flashback too, I think it'd be much cooler if the will of D. didn't have to do with bloodline.
Old 2023-06-01, 14:17   Link #18
Gerard07

After having seen the chapter, Imu finally spoke, the Cobra King died but not before giving a message to Sabo, Imu and the Goroise elders apparently are users of the Zoan fruits, Wapol saw everything and is scared but still saved (apparently without knowing it) to Vivi who was captured by CP0, to wait for the next chapters.
By the way, can you clarify something for me, when Sabo attacked Imu, was it Imu who turned into a strange creature or was he one of the 5 elders who rushed up to protect Imu and turned into a monster?.
Old 2023-06-01, 17:54   Link #19
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I know it's meant to be consistent with the photograph in the papers, but Sabo turning his back on his enemies and Cobra made no sense. Dude thought he was in Jojo and had to pose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard07 View Post
After having seen the chapter, Imu finally spoke, the Cobra King died but not before giving a message to Sabo, Imu and the Goroise elders apparently are users of the Zoan fruits, Wapol saw everything and is scared but still saved (apparently without knowing it) to Vivi who was captured by CP0, to wait for the next chapters.
By the way, can you clarify something for me, when Sabo attacked Imu, was it Imu who turned into a strange creature or was he one of the 5 elders who rushed up to protect Imu and turned into a monster?.
It's hard to tell, but Imu probably transformed.
Old 2023-06-01, 21:31   Link #20
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard07 View Post
Sabo is doing an area attack with Fire Fist, which would affect Gorosei and Imu. They transform to brace the attack. As for CP0, it's a surprise that Kalifa and Jabura were caught off guard, not realizing that Vivi was taken away by Wapol.

At this point, Wapol could become one of the valuable allies after witnessing the darkness in the government.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote