AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 63 52.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 30.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 10.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 5.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.83%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-24, 03:33   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Toradora! - Episode 13 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Toradora!, Episode 13.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2008-12-24, 05:40   Link #2
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Whatever made Ryuuji's demon face appear as it is in this episode, this episode is the moment of revelation. Let's wait for it =D

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2008-12-24, 08:04   Link #3
typhonsentra

I've been meaning to ask about this but always forget: Why does this show have such an awful time slot? I know it's not abnormal for anime but looking at this show I thought it looked like it looked like a pretty "Mainstream"-looking program being based on a popular book series and everything, not particularly ecchi either.
Old 2008-12-24, 08:20   Link #4
wistfulloner

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
I've been meaning to ask about this but always forget: Why does this show have such an awful time slot? I know it's not abnormal for anime but looking at this show I thought it looked like it looked like a pretty "Mainstream"-looking program being based on a popular book series and everything, not particularly ecchi either.
It seems the more convenient time slots are left for the more "popular" titles like Clannad and such. Moreover, I don' think the novel is widely known the world over.

Over here in Singapore we have the Toradora! episodes a week later than Japan and it airs at 11.30pm. I feel your pain, brother.
Old 2008-12-24, 11:09   Link #5
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
wistfulloner, uhm who cares about it being not widely known worldwide again? It is constructed for japanese market and thats what matters the most. No one gives a shit if its known worldwide or not, as long it is in japanese market. But it is true that other, more proved shows take the space.

Novel is very popular in Japan but popular novel does not mean a popular anime, specially since it is made by JC Staff, studio which is known to screw up popular novels/games before, so the best time is given to more proved titles rather than Toradora.
Old 2008-12-24, 11:20   Link #6
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Novel is very popular in Japan but popular novel does not mean a popular anime, specially since it is made by JC Staff, studio which is known to screw up popular novels/games before, so the best time is given to more proved titles rather than Toradora.
Unless it was by Ghibli... it doesn't matter who made it... this would air at late night anyway... and to whoever brought up Clannad it airs late at night just like Toradora. Popularity with Otaku does not equal mainstream popularity people...
Old 2008-12-24, 11:43   Link #7
wistfulloner

Quote:
wistfulloner, uhm who cares about it being not widely known worldwide again? It is constructed for japanese market and thats what matters the most. No one gives a shit if its known worldwide or not, as long it is in japanese market. But it is true that other, more proved shows take the space.

Hey watch it bro, I was just answering a question, not complaining about the time slot. No need to get all worked up.

@Westlo: Not really, my TV station airs Clannad at least 2hrs earlier than Toradora!. Not sure for other places.

My best bet is to watch latest Toradora episodes on youtube, but thats not necessarily a bad thing. Wikipedia only shows a Singapore TV station airing Toradora; pardon my ignorance, but did Wikipedia leave out other country's TV stations airing the show too?
Old 2008-12-24, 13:21   Link #8
rg4619

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Regarding Japan, it depends on how much the companies are willing to pay. Toradora isn't as big of a property as other shows, so the production committee won't spend extra money securing the best slots.

Quote:
specially since it is made by JC Staff, studio which is known to screw up popular novels/games before
On the contrary, J.C. Staff's stuff has proven to be rather lucrative, which is probably why they keep getting so much work. Consumers might not buy as many DVDs, but where character marketing is concerned (that's where the money really is for production committee members, who sell character CDs, music, figures, more copies of the source material, etc.), they're still among the best. Since J.C. Staff is so closely tied to the committee model, the ability to appease sponsors is a leading measure of success.

Companies don't finance three seasons of Tsukaima (with roughly the same formula to boot) if they don't think it's like printing money.
Old 2008-12-24, 13:34   Link #9
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by wistfulloner View Post
Not really, my TV station airs Clannad at least 2hrs earlier than Toradora!. Not sure for other places.
Like it's country of origin, for instance?

Old 2008-12-24, 13:50   Link #10
wistfulloner

Heh, does it air the same way over there?

Quote:
As the saying goes: is a studio only as good as their worst work?

Anyway, will be looking forward to the next Ep. Youtube will probably have one up any minute now.

EDIT:

Seems its already out!

Spoiler for Ep13:

This is all I could scrutinize from this episode without subs. A word of advice: watch this episode (in fact all episodes) with a good speaker or headphones to understand the emotions best.

Last edited by wistfulloner; 2008-12-24 at 15:10.
Old 2008-12-24, 15:43   Link #11
typhonsentra

Taiga looked/sounded so different during that final scene, it was like a totally different character.
Old 2008-12-24, 16:00   Link #12
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Yes!! Looks like Ryuuji finally learned his lesson.

What's Toradoras time slot anyways?
Old 2008-12-24, 16:21   Link #13
ani_d

It sucks there's no new episode next week. ^^ The race was uber hilarious. I love it when Ryuuji behaves like a Yankee. 12:05 fits him so and everyone's calling him yankee-Takasu. That was funny. His sentiments towards Taiga was adorable though. Taiga kinda matured in this episode.

Maybe I heard wrong but did Minorin just tell Ryuuji that she may like women? The way this series do couple swaps reminds me of Kimikiss. Kitamura seems to like the student council president too.
Old 2008-12-24, 17:40   Link #14
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
Maybe I heard wrong but did Minorin just tell Ryuuji that she may like women?
Yup yup yup. It was something like "'I prefer women more' is what I had thought, but..."
Old 2008-12-24, 17:56   Link #15
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Can be better, but not bad. The path of their relationship upgrade is hinted in this ep.
Old 2008-12-24, 18:13   Link #16
typhonsentra

So.... what are the odds of CoalGuys having subs before Saturday?
Old 2008-12-24, 20:54   Link #17
Peanutbutter

Spoiler for Ep 13:
Old 2008-12-24, 21:21   Link #18
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.

Seen a little bit of screencaps, and some reviews by the people who watch the raws is telling me this episode is going to fork out lots of Taiga's and Ryuuji's awesome.

Spoiler for What I see for now:

Now this episode is making me look forward for subs more. Some people were literally crying as how Peanutbutter said it while watching this episode, not a good call for me, I don't usually like tear-jerking moments even if it feels good to do it but literally it does mean this episode is that awesome.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2008-12-24, 21:47   Link #19
Voitan

Spoiler for Ep 13:
Old 2008-12-24, 21:49   Link #20
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Any Ami moments?