AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-16, 12:29   Link #121
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
I wonder why in the Manga Nobue is a Blond but after chapter one she becomes a brunette?
The first chapter of the manga was (I believe) a one-off. It wasn't intended to be continued, but a couple of years later he went on with it. You can see some other more subtle changes in the art after the first couple of chapters.
Old 2006-11-16, 13:10   Link #122
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Rooboy is right - that bit of information was placed into the first volume. :3
Old 2006-12-02, 20:26   Link #123
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Old 2007-01-01, 05:55   Link #124
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziv View Post
Just wondering, how censored is the anime compared to the manga? Did they have to cut out panty shots or was it just minor stuff like nobue smoking even though she's 16? Also, were there any significant character or plot changes?
Minor quibble.. Nobue is actually a 20 year old college student.... she's lying when she says she's 16 in the introduction and admits it immediately.

Been kind of quiet on the western front, anyone have any recent info on the Ichigo Masimaru OVA that is supposedly due out "soon"? Release date? eh?
Old 2007-01-01, 07:23   Link #125
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Been kind of quiet on the western front, anyone have any recent info on the Ichigo Masimaru OVA that is supposedly due out "soon"? Release date? eh?
According to official site, release date for the first DVD is February 23rd, next volumes come out month apart.

Well, there is a Ichigo Mashimaro OVA discussion, if you didn't know.
Old 2007-02-23, 04:24   Link #126
Ziv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Minor quibble.. Nobue is actually a 20 year old college student.... she's lying when she says she's 16 in the introduction and admits it immediately.

As I understood, she's sopposed to actually be 16 in the manga, and she just says she's 20 in the show in order to meet Japanese censorship guidelines.
Old 2007-02-23, 15:30   Link #127
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
As I understood, she's sopposed to actually be 16 in the manga, and she just says she's 20 in the show in order to meet Japanese censorship guidelines.
That's partially true, they changed her age in the anime to 20 in order to meet censorship guidelines. Specifically it has to do with her smoking.
Old 2007-02-24, 02:40   Link #128
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

ahhhh.... wakarimashita. <laughs harder at censorship quirks>
Old 2007-02-24, 02:59   Link #129
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I have to agree with you there, on everything you say.

Many people won't go near it, mainly because of its very popular 'loli' theme, but if people can just look past that - then they'll see the great anime that many of us see.
I won't go near it even though I like Loli themes because of the character design. Something about the proportions doesn't click with me, its the same with Moonphase which I'm trying to watch right now (It's going meeeh!). I've seen the artstyle before and, I don't know. You know those old timey films where there were less frames so a hand gesture looked like it had about 5 frames in it, that's what it usually ends up like. Plus the blushing reminds me of frostbite which I'm suffering from right now and don't want to be reminded of in any way period for the time being. If somebody's doing the manga though than it wouldn't hurt to check it out though.

Ultimately, though if it depends on whether the Slice of Life aspect is Comedy based or Emotional based (I don't have emotions other than hilarity so it would just bounce of me making it a waste of time for someone like me). And I get it now finally, Popular Art/Animation=Whatever Doesn't Do It For Me (The opposite of everything I believe is true essentially). Perhaps I might even be wasting my time trying to get into these types of shows as an experience, since no matter how it goes I just can't seem to break my stiffness when comes to emotion to enjoy them (I don't know if there's an actual condition where you don't know what emotion you are supposed to be experiencing when a certain event happens, but something may be wrong in the old ticker again). I guess what it boils down to is I can't see anything on a level other than the logical progession of events (basically I'm a real downer at parties when I can't be funny) or as I say hilarity (constant excitement, easy amusement, life at mach 50). Okay this ones getting way too long so that's it.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-02-24 at 03:21.
Old 2007-02-24, 03:11   Link #130
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Try to watch the Moon Phase DVDs if you can --- there's a lot of broadcast snafus they cleaned up (like having to substitute still frames for action sequences that were so poorly done by outsourcing they couldn't use it).

The manga for Tsukuyomi Moon Phase has been picked up by Tokyopop - they're up to volume 5. The manga is a subtly different art style... but the story itself is much** darker. For the anime, the director Shinbo emphasized some of the whimsical elements to balance the dark tragedies. I'm kind of attached to the story simply because Hazuki and Kouhei 's relationship (and looks) exhibit disturbing similarities with my wife and I

Personally, I'm very anxious to see the OVAs -- I.M. is a massive crossover hit at our house. My wife, two sons, and both their girlfriends all love it (our tastes do not normally overlap that well).
Old 2007-02-24, 23:36   Link #131
Ziv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Hmm, you don't really get that many major panty shots - you should just watch to find out. :3

You do get a few.. though they just happen in a different order compared to the manga.. yet again something you'll have to see for yourself.
To clear things up, I've seen the anime. I'm just wondering how perverted the manga is. I definately didn't notice any panty shots in the anime (infact I noticed the animators doing a very good job of avoiding them) so I'm assuming that means there were some in the manga?
Old 2007-07-09, 17:44   Link #132
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Watched episode 0 and 1 today... just as I expected: brilliant. The humor is right on target.

I *knew* I should've gotten it when it first came out. Saw the manga in the recent issue of Dengeki Daioh I got, and then got pinged about it just a few days ago again. Ah, yes... another manga to add to the list of wants.
Old 2007-10-31, 04:49   Link #133
kevin13
Disabled By Request

Just finished it. Awesome show, I loved it.

I look forward to the DVDs
Old 2007-10-31, 11:11   Link #134
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickal555 View Post
Just finished it. Awesome show, I loved it.

I look forward to the DVDs
Now Watch Minami-Ke, it's like watching Miyu all grown up.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Old 2007-10-31, 11:16   Link #135
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
To clear things up, I've seen the anime. I'm just wondering how perverted the manga is. I definately didn't notice any panty shots in the anime (infact I noticed the animators doing a very good job of avoiding them) so I'm assuming that means there were some in the manga?
Except for very few exceptions, there isn't any panties shot in the manga (maybe twice or trice at most iirc, so that's not enough to say the manga was filled with panties shot).
Old 2007-10-31, 17:23   Link #136
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'd argue that it isn't really a "pantsu shot" in the ecchi sense unless the camera angle has to go out of its way to provide the view.... but what do I know, some people get excited over shoes....

Tags
comedy, loli, seinen, slice of life