Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-07-19, 08:03   Link #481
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
One day, there's got to be a fanfiction deconstructing the Sachi survives. Assuming Kirito ends up in the same position as Alicization, Bad End may well be quite likely. And of course, it's an ALO Bad End.

And Real Estate Deal is a rather interesting Euphemism.
You write it, I'll read it. My writing leans more towards mil-SF ;p

I got that from reading Starship Troopers. Throughout the novel, troopers dying is refferred to as "bought the farm", following from USMC parlance. The main character, on his OCS graduation excercise, is told that his high school teacher, who was a Lt. Colonel, asked that he wear his old 3rd Lieutenant pips. The OCS Commandant regretfully informs him that he'd normally agree, but the pips are unfortunately unavailable, due to a real estate deal.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 08:07   Link #482
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
You write it, I'll read it. My writing leans more towards mil-SF ;p

Put's idea into the queue list.

I'm about to get quite busy IRL, and there's two ongoing fanfics I'm doing on Spacebattles, so... we'd see. Perhaps in a year's time.

Anyway, this is a little off-topic.

Braces for SAO Episode 3. Anyone starting a countdown yet?
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 08:09   Link #483
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Countdowns only prolong the wait...
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 08:16   Link #484
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Put's idea into the queue list.

I'm about to get quite busy IRL, and there's two ongoing fanfics I'm doing on Spacebattles, so... we'd see. Perhaps in a year's time.

Anyway, this is a little off-topic.

Wait, you're on SB? I'm there as Whiskey Golf. Tried to login as Wild Goose but someone else snapped that up...

As for countdowns, meh.it'll be there when it's there. ;D

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 09:35   Link #485
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
At the very least take Cradil out and WTF was that make look heroic thing!
Misdirection, same as with Heathcliff -- it'll be several episodes before we find out he's a baddie, so why not string the audience along.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 09:52   Link #486
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Misdirection, same as with Heathcliff -- it'll be several episodes before we find out he's a baddie, so why not string the audience along.
^ What he said. We're not supposed to know that he, nor Heathcliff, are really bad guys when they first show up. Only the novel readers will know that.
Old 2012-07-19, 11:44   Link #487
willx
Nyaaan~~

Man, because of the discussion in here, I went back and re-read RNR.. God damn, I'm not gonna lie, I teared up! I know this is going to utterly break my heart when I see it animated (if it's done properly)
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 12:23   Link #488
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
^ What he said. We're not supposed to know that he, nor Heathcliff, are really bad guys when they first show up. Only the novel readers will know that.
I don't think Cradil ever be a good guy though
Hmm.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 13:18   Link #489
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmm.... View Post
I don't think Cradil ever be a good guy though
Anime viewers won't know that until they see him.
Old 2012-07-19, 14:32   Link #490
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Anime viewers won't know that until they see him.
I dunno, he does have that I'm-obviously-a-bad-guy face...
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 15:01   Link #491
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
I dunno, he does have that I'm-obviously-a-bad-guy face...
And his stalker-tendencies don't help initial impressions either...
chad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 16:19   Link #492
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Was looking at the "Red Nose Reindeer" preview and look at what I found:

HELLO ARGO!!! XDD

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 22:51   Link #493
Hmm....

What sadden me most about OP is that are we that lack of male characters ?. Heathcliff is great choice because he's such a uber character, great for trolling anime viewer as well. But Cradil ? He is such a cheap grade villian. Don't we have any better male character to put there ? Even Kibaou may be better than him, at least he honestly aim to clear the game, he is one of the clearers. Or that stupid sergeant from an army, come on ! give an army some more love !!
Hmm.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 23:28   Link #494
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
What sadden me most about OP is that are we that lack of male characters ?. Heathcliff is great choice because he's such a uber character, great for trolling anime viewer as well. But Cradil ? He is such a cheap grade villian. Don't we have any better male character to put there ? Even Kibaou may be better than him, at least he honestly aim to clear the game, he is one of the clearers. Or that stupid sergeant from an army, come on ! give an army some more love !!
Yes, but as far as I can recall Kibaou only shows up in Aria. Those are the most reoccurring males characters in SAO. Cradil may be a villain, but he is part of a critical moment in Kirito and Asuna's relationship so he is important to the plot and whatnot.

I rather hope that battles don't feature so many still shots in the future, though it wouldn't surprise me if there were. At least give us the full ride on some of the big battles like Kirito vs. Heathcliff.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 23:30   Link #495
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
The main story arc for SAO had a very tightly knit storyline that revolved around only a few characters. Beyond that are female-centric side-stories. Even Klein ( who had an OP shot) only has sparse moments throughout the story.

In many ways, it can't be helped that there's a lack of male characters because the story never ever explored those elements. None of the other Clearers, none of the other Unique Skill users (assuming they've discovered them), etc.

It says something when Eugeo is probably the first major male protagonist-side character aside from Kirito. ( Sorry, Klein, but you're in no way a major character... )

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 23:38   Link #496
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Yes, but as far as I can recall Kibaou only shows up in Aria. Those are the most reoccurring males characters in SAO. Cradil may be a villain, but he is part of a critical moment in Kirito and Asuna's relationship so he is important to the plot and whatnot.

I rather hope that battles don't feature so many still shots in the future, though it wouldn't surprise me if there were. At least give us the full ride on some of the big battles like Kirito vs. Heathcliff.
Kibaou was mention in "morning dew girl," he stage coup against The Army Guild leader. He was also responsible for sending that idiot squad against the Floor 74 Boss.
Old 2012-07-19, 23:38   Link #497
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Yes, but as far as I can recall Kibaou only shows up in Aria.
No, he's also the guy who takes over the Army and turns the Starting City into a police state in Morning Dew Girl.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 23:40   Link #498
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Kibaou was mention in "morning dew girl," he stage coup against The Army Guild leader. He was also responsible for sending that idiot squad against the Floor 74 Boss.
Oh jeez, I completely missed that. He never made an actual appearance in that story so I sort of dismissed him I guess.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2012-07-20, 04:06   Link #499
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
If I remember right there were only 3 big battles in Vol 1 (74th&75th boss+Heathcliff). 74th will probably be animated full (Dual Blades debut), 75th may be short in favour for Heathcliff.
Otherwise there will be a few short/mid lenght fights for the side stories and Kirito grinding
Old 2012-07-20, 14:47   Link #500
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
If I remember right there were only 3 big battles in Vol 1 (74th&75th boss+Heathcliff). 74th will probably be animated full (Dual Blades debut), 75th may be short in favour for Heathcliff.
Otherwise there will be a few short/mid lenght fights for the side stories and Kirito grinding
Hmm, I honestly think that having an episode end with Kirito revealing Heathcliff would make for a nice cliffhanger and then the next episode they could do the final battle and the aftermath.