AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-11-30, 13:22   Link #1
Acseru

Send a message via MSN to Acseru
Assassin's Creed

Brand new game from Ubisoft. I was wondering what u guys think about it. Its for X360 and PS3 (Early 2008 for PC too) I'm going to buy it next week myself.

For more information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin's_Creed
Acseru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-30, 13:45   Link #2
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Really bugged, until they patch it, its not worth it
Old 2007-11-30, 13:46   Link #3
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist

Do you really want to know what I think about it so far? Not finished with it yet, only on Memory Block 6.
Spoiler for WARNING SPOILERS:
Aka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-30, 16:56   Link #4
arcadeplayer987

I will get it for pc next year and I hope they will fix all the bugs until then
arcadeplayer987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-30, 17:19   Link #5
Ymor
20th Century Boy

Jade Raymond>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the game

Old 2007-11-30, 17:34   Link #6
GetBackers
Semper Fi

It got really boreing after doing the same thing over and over.

You go to a town, go to a boring headquarters, climb up some worthless viewpoints, do some boring eavesdrop/interrogate/pickpocket mini missions, then you kill the main guy. Sure being able to blend with the crowd is pretty fun, and climbing on buildings is fun too (spider-man), but that gets extreamly boring after about a day. The fighting/countering is cool and fun for about 5 hours, then gets boring after seeing the same animations over and over. The only thing that keeps you going, is how there are different cutscenes/styles on killing the main guy. They took the "It took us 4 years to make" claim too far. It feels like it could of been created in about a year or so. Playing the game, you can't really understand why it took them soo long to make Assassin's Creed.

Overall, it's a fun game.. But then after about a day, you'll just want to stop playing.
GetBackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 16:40   Link #7
arcadeplayer987

I hope the pc version will be better
Old 2008-01-16, 15:39   Link #8
arcadeplayer987

The PC version was delayed again for 25 March
Old 2008-01-16, 15:49   Link #9
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I've just got the limited edition that cost me 70 bucks. I hope to play it this coming weekend. It better blow me away or I'll be saying AND spraying all kinds of things.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 15:59   Link #10
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
I finished the game in a week. Storyline was downright awesome, though it pulled a Shana season 1 and ended in a cliffhanger. It does get a little repetitive at times, killing off people, climbing buildings, and yeah, it does get boring in between missions, but when you get to the end, just... wow. Love the way that it was executed.

And the end deserves to be discussed too:
Spoiler for The Eagle and the Apple - Visions of the Future:

I was borrowing it for a week and returned the game last weekend, so I don't remember much about what the markings said.
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 16:28   Link #11
.S2K
S2K is here.
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to .S2K
I'm geting it for PC, I plan to run it on medium high since I could do it with GoW (Gears of War) but the PC stuttering problem...pissed me the hell off it would be nice and smooth at 1280 high and then next minute, STUTTERING LIKE F**K!
.S2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 16:32   Link #12
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
bought it played like 3 times till i got all the weapons back and probably wont play again...boring
CeDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 13:09   Link #13
FireDetei
Online Gamer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
I finished the game in a week. Storyline was downright awesome, though it pulled a Shana season 1 and ended in a cliffhanger. It does get a little repetitive at times, killing off people, climbing buildings, and yeah, it does get boring in between missions, but when you get to the end, just... wow. Love the way that it was executed.

And the end deserves to be discussed too:
Spoiler for The Eagle and the Apple - Visions of the Future:

I was borrowing it for a week and returned the game last weekend, so I don't remember much about what the markings said.
Spoiler for End Game:
FireDetei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 13:28   Link #14
Fynal_Fyre
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDetei View Post
Spoiler for End Game:
Spoiler for Refs:
Fynal_Fyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 04:24   Link #15
Tiberium Wolf

Woah! Just finished today. The game was awesome but kinda repetitive. Pity that there wasn't no objects to interact with and can't get into houses(like GTA).
Old 2008-04-15, 11:14   Link #16
AnimesClub
A.C.A Team

I bought it before 2-3 weeks and played it for 1hr maximum (just wanna try it), and i'm gonna play it again when i get my HDTV (soon).

small advice: play it on HDTV.
AnimesClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 18:53   Link #17
OMchan
オムちゃん

It's been a few months since I've played this game since I finished it back in December (and sold it while its stock was still high ). Strangely, the repetitiveness of the assassinations didn't bother me as I actually enjoyed that aspect.

One of the things I really enjoyed doing was fighting on the rooftops and tossing the guards' bodies down onto the streets below to scare all the citizens, lol. Another was to grab one of those annoying beggar ladies and shove them into the merchant stands and have them collapse. There was this one time where a beggar blew my cover so I threw her into a nearby stand out of frustration and it collapsed, killing about 5 or 6 people. I actually "died" from doing that as the innocent deaths completely drained my synchro bar, lol.

As for the boring part of the game, for me it was doing all the stuff to unlock the achievements. I didn't mind the fighting ones but finding all the flags and Templars, especially the ones in the Kingdom, was really boring.
OMchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 04:01   Link #18
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Kinda like GTA, I spent more time goofing off trying different things in the world than I did trying to progress. I liked the story, but the flag gathering was boring beyond belief. And despite giving the illusion of being a giant sandbox world, you were still limited by "memory blocks" which felt kind of cheap and made the game feel linear.

Overall I felt like I was playing Prince of Persia and GTA mixed together. The title is deceiving, because you spend more time running across rooftops trying to find flags and high points than you do assassinating people. At least saving the citizens breaks up the monotony. And the production values are great.

If anything, it made me wish they had made this more like Hitman than GTA.

WTB Assassins Creed: Codename 47 Edition!
Old 2008-04-17, 06:57   Link #19
-RK-
WoW addict

Send a message via AIM to -RK- Send a message via MSN to -RK- Send a message via Yahoo to -RK-
I'm thinking of buying Assassin's Creed after I'm done with Lost Odyssey. Despite all the reviews here saying its repetitive, it seems like too fun of a game to miss out on. I've seen people play it and honestly it looks very enjoyable. I will post a critique after I buy and play it which prolly wont be for a month or so.
-RK- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 13:27   Link #20
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Kinda like GTA, I spent more time goofing off trying different things in the world than I did trying to progress. I liked the story, but the flag gathering was boring beyond belief. And despite giving the illusion of being a giant sandbox world, you were still limited by "memory blocks" which felt kind of cheap and made the game feel linear.

Overall I felt like I was playing Prince of Persia and GTA mixed together. The title is deceiving, because you spend more time running across rooftops trying to find flags and high points than you do assassinating people. At least saving the citizens breaks up the monotony. And the production values are great.

If anything, it made me wish they had made this more like Hitman than GTA.

WTB Assassins Creed: Codename 47 Edition!
Well if you ignore the flags that still leaves assassinating Templars, archer rooftop challenges, information assassination challenges, and anyone else you feel like assassinating. Flags are boring.

But yes you must play this game in DX10 or HDTV.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote