AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-22, 12:09   Link #17601
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
I guess it has something to do with that "the Power of Love does not work that way" sort of thing.

If not Awakened Mikoto, how about "Esper-Mage Mikoto"?
are you serious mage and esper don't suit each other Aim and Mana or Aim and Telesma are against each other.

Mikoto can't awaken as of yet due to the whole awakening as of so far are for Kakine and Accelerator which has divine origin.... tvtropes has that listed or wikia. special cases are special cases and ordinary are ordinary

Kakine will be back!!!! but not as cyborg one but an immortal zombie You can't kill him like what happen to Biyouri.
Old 2012-03-22, 12:18   Link #17602
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Mikoto has the potential to "Awaken"? I know that Touma's is about to "Awaken" soon, but when or who said it's possible for Mikoto to do so?
Old 2012-03-22, 12:24   Link #17603
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Too bad then. It seems to me like she's being Chickified, I pray not.
Do you see Mugino doing anything much? She's on the same level as Mikoto except unrestrained....there's your yardstick
Old 2012-03-22, 12:33   Link #17604
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
So it's alright if we never see Mikoto curb-stomping anyone again?
Exactly why would Mikoto need to curb-stomp on any of the higher-class adversaries, short of fanatic gratification and Xenafication?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hao-sama View Post
why not? it's not like it has to come from a heel face turn or something.. wasn't kakine's a realization on his powers? i don't see how it'd necessarily destroy her character.
Yes, but at the same time Awakening is part of a process of transcending one's limitations and thus "maturing". Mikoto's character is based on ground-based reality, an anchor among all the insanity that surrounds her (which one of the Level 5s are normal?). While she did crack during the Sisters Arc, at all other times she was one of the sanest characters who set the standard for one's conception in reality.

Quote:
I guess it has something to do with that "the Power of Love does not work that way" sort of thing.
What the hell does that mean?

Quote:
If not Awakened Mikoto, how about "Esper-Mage Mikoto"?
Not going to bother with this one.....

Quote:
Too bad then. It seems to me like she's being Chickified, I pray not.
It's better than being Xenafied. Besides, Mikoto's powers are still adequate enough to take on conventional military forces, which in itself will be useful when a full-blown conflict happens. What people are missing here is that we don't need everyone to be some boss-level superpowers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Kakine will be back!!!! but not as cyborg one but an immortal zombie You can't kill him like what happen to Biyouri.
Destroy every part of his body (KI-HA-RA-KUN!!!!!!!!!!!), and you destroy Dark Matter.
Old 2012-03-22, 12:37   Link #17605
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deikan View Post
Mikoto has the potential to "Awaken"? I know that Touma's is about to "Awaken" soon, but when or who said it's possible for Mikoto to do so?

nope, she doesn't have any potential to awaken. That's what the clues and story so far conclude.

So far the only ones who can awaken with their wings are kakine and accelerator given that they are special.

Mugino is attack base and much stronger than Mikoto in FIRE POWER but still look at her state. Left behind in academy city Mikoto is level 3 because she has more control over her power and her use as electro master.

I won't be surprised if Aleister already turned a clone of her into level 5.

The clone of Mikoto just had various use than the other level 5. Plus easy to clone CLONES > ORIGINAL

WORST!> LAST ORDER!>>>>>>>>>>> IMOUTO!=/= MIKOTO

Touma is special but we are still not sure if his awakening was the same as esper because I can't classify Touma as esper at all.

Crimson wings of Index is more telesma based like spell and totally different from AIM wings of the esper and AIM beings. Though the structures and looks are the same. The particles that makes up for it are different.
Old 2012-03-22, 12:47   Link #17606
hao-sama

Send a message via MSN to hao-sama Send a message via Yahoo to hao-sama
misaka is one of the most popular characters in index. if aleister can clone level5's already (wouldn't be surprised if he could), she'd lose a lot of her value (and being one of kamachi's faves, i don't think he'd do that).

if not awakening, she needs another huge powerup badly before (or right after) that happens.
Old 2012-03-22, 12:50   Link #17607
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
if not awakening, she needs another huge powerup badly before (or right after) that happens.
Well, if this make you (and her other fans) feel better, Kamachi said Level 5's like her and below still have the Parameter List as a wall to get stronger.
Old 2012-03-22, 12:54   Link #17608
Sumeragi
Banned

I still can't really understand why Mikoto is considered underpowered..... I mean, she can probably defeat Kagun, Byouri, Enshuu, and Marian without too much a hassle. Is that being underpowered?
Old 2012-03-22, 12:55   Link #17609
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I still can't really understand why Mikoto is considered underpowered..... I mean, she can probably defeat Kagun, Byouri, Enshuu, and Marian without too much a hassle. Is that being underpowered?
I think you can understand when a fandom overrates their favorite character. Never is enough for them .
Old 2012-03-22, 12:59   Link #17610
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I think you can understand when a fandom overrates their favorite character. Never is enough for them .
Only problem is that I'm probably the most fanatical lover of Mikoto on this side of the Internet.
Old 2012-03-22, 13:08   Link #17611
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Only problem is that I'm probably the most fanatical lover of Mikoto on this side of the Internet.
Yet I don't see you complaining for every single thing about the novels when it doesn't involves her. Well, it depends on the person, there are no absolute similars afterall , that would be scary .
Old 2012-03-22, 13:09   Link #17612
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Yet I don't see you complaining for every single thing about the novels when it doesn't involves her. Well, it depends on the person, there are no absolute similars afterall , that would be scary .
Yes, although I wouldn't mind "retiring" Kuroko so I can take her place.....

*Hides the blood-soaked steel pipe behind her back*
Old 2012-03-22, 13:22   Link #17613
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
nope, she doesn't have any potential to awaken. That's what the clues and story so far conclude.

So far the only ones who can awaken with their wings are kakine and accelerator given that they are special.

Mugino is attack base and much stronger than Mikoto in FIRE POWER but still look at her state. Left behind in academy city Mikoto is level 3 because she has more control over her power and her use as electro master.
Mikoto is no 3 because she is fucking important....Radio Noise forms the basis of the AIM network. It's her genes that are important

Quote:
Defeat Marian, Kagun and Byouri? Really? She has no serious counter to any spells that fly her way....

Even Enshuu may be hard for her...you see what Frenda did? Enshuu is far deadlier.
Old 2012-03-22, 13:35   Link #17614
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Mikoto is no 3 because she is fucking important....Radio Noise forms the basis of the AIM network. It's her genes that are important

Defeat Marian, Kagun and Byouri? Really? She has no serious counter to any spells that fly her way....

Even Enshuu may be hard for her...you see what Frenda did? Enshuu is far deadlier.
I did say her clones are important right? and her clones made up the AIM network of Aleister. Heck the whole plan of Aleister rest in the hands of her clones/genes which is right.

Mikoto is strong but really.... I don't see her winning against any KIHARA and Marian..... want a chair or a table? Mikoto is too soft to hit the human furniture of Marian just like Maria can't disposed of them when she use it as human shields/tools and Kihara are hard based science genius. Just like what Kagun said. Bring Touma or ANTI-KIHARA Accelerator if you want to deal with them. Though that applies to the higher tier of Kihara.

fans fans fans can't get enough fun with debating with them

Quote:
misaka is one of the most popular characters in index. if aleister can clone level5's already (wouldn't be surprised if he could), she'd lose a lot of her value (and being one of kamachi's faves, i don't think he'd do that).

Did the author said she was his favorite? I knew the author was a sucker fan of Levinia and was really happy when he finally shows her in the main story in NT 1. The only thing I remember is comments from Orsola which is her ideal wife? Index? lover.... Mikoto friend.... not sure on that ones but Orsola was one he commented which is either lover or wife then Index was mentioned. Not sure on Mikoto

and really the FANS loves Mikoto
Old 2012-03-22, 13:39   Link #17615
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Dainsleif's scabbard alone equals Mikoto in firepower at the very least....combined with the body-warping...
Old 2012-03-22, 13:46   Link #17616
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:

Marian: Her power requires her to make contact with Mikoto short of using Dáinsleif, and let's face it, Dáinsleif was a hax in itself..

Kagun: Death by a thousand cuts.

Byouri: Let's see..... how long do you think Byouri would be able to survive a barrage of Railgun shots?

What restrains Mikoto would be her unwillingness to kill, but that's what characteristic of her. She has the power, but she wouldn't use it to kill (for now).
Old 2012-03-22, 13:50   Link #17617
tsunade666

Mikoto can also shock or paralyzed the meat tools of Marian so she can't use it for battle against her. her only weapon to go against Mikoto is really Dainsleif.

kagun and Byouri are both Kiharas. They knew more about science and knew their specimen. For me they are bad enemies for Mikoto because they aren't limited in the usage on how to attack. Be it physically or mentally or even countering her very ability. Those two are scientist. They are the ones who crated those abilities. Though for Ransuu is Misaki or rank 5 of the level 5. His techniques in mixing chemicals was based on Misaki's mental out.
Old 2012-03-22, 14:05   Link #17618
Ashaman

Quote:

Yeah, you guys are totally right. Mikoto has the same chance of beating someone like Byouri or Marian as Hamazura has against Mugino. Totally impossible.

Oh wait

It really pisses me off when you guys start talking in absolutes when it comes to battles. With the right strategy, Mikoto could beat Othinus, though the chances of that are 0.0000000000000000000001% 50/50

Of course, this applies to everyone else as well. With the right plan, Hamazura could beat Fiamma and Accelerator could beat Ollerus.

The chances of success are slim, but no battle is ended before the word go, even against monsters like the three I mentioned.
Old 2012-03-22, 14:18   Link #17619
tsunade666

Oh really..... Fiamma and Ollerus didn't rely on luck you know But I can see Hamazura curb stomping Othinus You can't just beat the king of luck that easily.
Old 2012-03-22, 14:29   Link #17620
Ashaman

Final battle - Hamazura versus Othinus.

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen