AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-14, 16:15   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Guilty Crown - Requests for new threads

Since the Guilty Crown forum is limited (only Mods and Admin can create new threads), this thread serves as a way to request a new thread to be created.

Please post here if you wish to request a new Guilty Crown thread. Please bear in mind that we will only accept reasonable requests, we wish to maintain the focus within the forum and cut down on the noise (so no pointless threads cluttering up the place).

Don't forget that you may still post in existing threads as usual, the only restriction is that you may not create new threads within this particular forum.
Old 2011-12-15, 11:50   Link #2
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
How about a guilty crown/code geass comparaison thread?

They keep coming up so like that they wouldn't derail other threads and people wouldn't have code geass completely spoiled.
Old 2011-12-15, 11:53   Link #3
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

We do not make such cross series discussions thread, even when series heavily linked together might have such subject (Key series, Higurashi/Umineko).

The other issue with that kind of thread is that it would just justify that kind of discussion ad nauseam to the point it won't do any good. The whole point of the subforum is to expand discussion regarding the series alone, not starting a cross thread just for few similarities.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2011-12-15 at 13:14.
Old 2011-12-15, 12:56   Link #4
Nerroth
NePoi!

Could we have a thread for the upcoming Guilty Crown: Lost Christmas spinoff/prequel VN?
Old 2011-12-15, 23:31   Link #5
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
Could we have a thread for the upcoming Guilty Crown: Lost Christmas spinoff/prequel VN?
Yes we can. Can you please do a opening post with a brief summary of information that is availabe on it? You can submit it here once you are ready.
Old 2011-12-16, 16:37   Link #6
Nerroth
NePoi!

Guilty Crown: Lost Christmas is a visual novel spinoff being put together by Nitroplus (whose prior co-productions include the VN of Steins;Gate and the LN series of Fate/Zero). It is set for release in Japan in 2012, for 4800 yen.

At present, few details have surfaced for the game; it is reported to be set in 2029 (the time of the "Lost Christmas" outbreak itself) and include an alternate protagonist, Scrooge (who, like Shuu, seems to also possess a Void Genome) as well as Carol (the lead heroine, who looks supiciously like Inori) and Present (a mysterious girl who fate seems to be intertwined with the leading pair).

---

Sorry, I couldn't find too much more to go with right now.
Old 2011-12-17, 00:53   Link #7
monir
cho~ kakkoii

That's good enough! Thread created.
Old 2011-12-17, 02:03   Link #8
Nerroth
NePoi!

Thank you kindly.
Old 2011-12-17, 13:05   Link #9
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Could we have a thread for Shu ?

Last edited by Kusa-San; 2011-12-17 at 13:24.
Old 2011-12-18, 04:14   Link #10
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Could we have a thread for Shu ?
I think the show needs to develop his character a bit more before we can have a proper talk about Shu. All the views from fans on Shu thus far can be summarized in two sentences: "I hate him" or "He is just misunderstood." I'll wait at least a few more episodes before a thread on Shu, (or Gai and Inori for that matter) can be considered.
Old 2011-12-26, 07:02   Link #11
Morisato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
We do not make such cross series discussions thread, even when series heavily linked together might have such subject (Key series, Higurashi/Umineko).

The other issue with that kind of thread is that it would just justify that kind of discussion ad nauseam to the point it won't do any good. The whole point of the subforum is to expand discussion regarding the series alone, not starting a cross thread just for few similarities.
Well can the the general discussion thread be allowed to discuss Code Geass vs Guilty Crown again?

Or where can one openly discuss Code Geass vs Guilty Crown on Animesuki without mod intervention? These kinds of discussions are inevitable and I don't see any harm in it.
Old 2011-12-27, 01:59   Link #12
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morisato View Post
Well can the the general discussion thread be allowed to discuss Code Geass vs Guilty Crown again?

Or where can one openly discuss Code Geass vs Guilty Crown on Animesuki without mod intervention? These kinds of discussions are inevitable and I don't see any harm in it.
To put it bluntly, no such discussion will take place in any Guilty Crown threads or in any part of ASuki forum without mod intervention. I have zero faith in VS topic of discussion which I've seen devolved into utter silliness many times and turned seemingly intelligent posters into douchebags. I'm liking the current discussion as it is in GC, and I intend to keep it that way by any means necessary.
Old 2012-01-08, 12:04   Link #13
nfsac

Can we have a topic about character relationships?
Old 2012-01-09, 01:02   Link #14
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsac View Post
Can we have a topic about character relationships?
What's to say about those? They're incredibly underdeveloped and the most you can say about them are speculations. I guarantee that there will be a lot of complaints on how rushed they are (I'll be contributing to that as well ). But that's up to the mods.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2012-01-09, 04:46   Link #15
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
What's to say about those? They're incredibly underdeveloped and the most you can say about them are speculations. I guarantee that there will be a lot of complaints on how rushed they are (I'll be contributing to that as well ). But that's up to the mods.
I completely agree with you. There won't be much of a discussion. It will group the GC fans in two categories however: the ones that can't stand them, and the ones who feel the characters are simply misunderstood. The end result will be people trying to punch and kick and bite and scratch other people through internet.
Old 2012-01-10, 02:42   Link #16
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

^ Does it have to be a thread about romantic relationships?

I think there is quite a lot to talk about with regards to e.g. the relationships between Shuu and Gai, Shuu and Mana, Shuu and Haruka, Gai and Mana etc etc...

Though of course, a lot of that would still be speculation, and thus could go in the speculation thread...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2012-01-10, 03:09   Link #17
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I suppose we could do a general character discussion thread and talk about them there. If anyone is willing to write up a post by emphasizing the short comings of shipping and the type of discussion that we are looking for in such thread, then I wouldn't mind having a topic of this kind.
Old 2012-01-10, 13:49   Link #18
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
^ Does it have to be a thread about romantic relationships?

I think there is quite a lot to talk about with regards to e.g. the relationships between Shuu and Gai, Shuu and Mana, Shuu and Haruka, Gai and Mana etc etc...

Though of course, a lot of that would still be speculation, and thus could go in the speculation thread...
I was referring to all the relationships with my post. I don't think a single one of them was fleshed out very well. And that's a bit of a problem when your entire series revolves around the main character and his relations with people(and that's just the main). But aside from that, I can't think of much to talk about. Others might though.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2012-01-13, 06:32   Link #19
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Since nfsac isn't saying any more about it...

As noted in my previous post, I do think the speculation thread is probably still quite adequate, and it seems like the general thread is being used for character relationship discussion as well.

And after episode 12 - I'm glad I waited, because I figured that some of the questions I had might be answered then - I'm happy to leave it, unless there are others who want to start discussing character relationships, and the characters in general because of episode 12, of course.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2012-01-13 at 07:42.
Old 2012-01-13, 06:58   Link #20
HasuMasu
*Artist

I agree with having a general character discussion over making a new thread for each character like usual.