Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-10-25, 06:38   Link #561
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

@ Kyero Fox

I remember in a interview on the floor at blizzcon (with some guy and a girl) and the way they worded it was that there was another; though I might have just heard it wrong. Sadly can't find the video (probably been taken down).

Anyway,

Is there a class that can heal?
Is there a class that can buff?
Is there a class with auras?
Is there a class that can wear shields?

If the answer is "no" then we get another class either now or in expantions. Though it might not be called paladin. It might be called "Inquisitor" or "Templar" or "Which Hunter" or "Gladiator", etc.
Old 2010-10-25, 06:56   Link #562
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
@ Kyero Fox

I remember in a interview on the floor at blizzcon (with some guy and a girl) and the way they worded it was that there was another; though I might have just heard it wrong. Sadly can't find the video (probably been taken down).

Anyway,

Is there a class that can heal?
Is there a class that can buff?
Is there a class with auras?
Is there a class that can wear shields?

If the answer is "no" then we get another class either now or in expantions. Though it might not be called paladin. It might be called "Inquisitor" or "Templar" or "Which Hunter" or "Gladiator", etc.
Somehow with the way they are handling the health system I'd be surprised if they made a class that can heal. Have worked to remove easy healing and force characters to attack. So think any healing ability would be pretty limited if made at all. Also pretty sure the Barbarian can use shields so that is taken care of. Only real question is the buff/aura which likely will show up in an expansion at some point. Think they covered quite a few bases with the characters that they made so far. They should keep people occupied for whatever amount of time passes before they make an expansion.
Old 2010-10-25, 07:55   Link #563
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Maybe the monk can heal. I think everyone will get their own buff/aura .

I'm sure that an expantion will be announced later on as they did before .

Now i wonder if they'll keep their level auto setting points , i rather want to set them manually .
But would be great if they can do like DA system , you can choose auto assign or manually . Both people will be pleased then

Anyway , i hope that the monsters will be as great as the previous . I really liked those littles demons in Act 3 ^^ and the Demons T-Rex in last Act . Also would be great if they add Cow level too .

Edit : Currently Diablo 3 is finished on more 50% , we'll have a date for the closed Beta soon , yup ! And Diablo 3 will not support mods ...

Last edited by -Sho-; 2010-10-25 at 08:14.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 07:56   Link #564
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I kinda doubt barbarian can wear shields. o_O

But anyway, if they do remove any specialized tank class and healer class that would make for a much more interesting game. I play healer and tank a lot for no other good reason that its the only two classes where you actually risk death (or wipe), aka the "game over" motivation. The hole tank/healer combo pretty much makes every other class a silly button masher; the DPS can just sit on their ass and the party will still live.

@ Sho

I want equips to have very varied stats requirements. So you can't be say all dexterity and still wear heavy armor or use this <overpowered axe> and that <overpowered axe> with the same build. That was the most fun system for me.
Old 2010-10-25, 08:11   Link #565
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Unless they're the chinese version which are repeating but those are two-handed weapons.
Even these require two hands to operate:

Lets just say they are reloaded with magical arrows that appear out of thin air like pretty much every spell and ability in this game.
Old 2010-10-25, 10:05   Link #566
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Quote:
I kinda doubt barbarian can wear shields. o_O

But anyway, if they do remove any specialized tank class and healer class that would make for a much more interesting game. I play healer and tank a lot for no other good reason that its the only two classes where you actually risk death (or wipe), aka the "game over" motivation. The hole tank/healer combo pretty much makes every other class a silly button masher; the DPS can just sit on their ass and the party will still live.
Sure barb can wear shields. It was told everyone can pretty much wear anything they want, the effectiveness however is another thing to take into account. But of course, there will be class-specific weaponry, as D2:LoD introduced.

And about all this tank/healer stuff. Please, that fits a MMO-style game. This game needs to have every single class able to fend for itself, no matter the situation AND be fun/awesome in the process. Sorry, but playing a tank/healer doing no damage at all doesn't mean fun to me in a realm where you slaughter thousands of demons per minute. Make their damage better, you say? Yay, imba class!

I don't want to see another hammerdin, thank you.
Old 2010-10-25, 10:08   Link #567
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
First person to get through Nightmare difficulty on Hardcore mode wins?

*still has nightmares of "Immune to Physical" *
Immune to Physical has a bug : poison.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 11:36   Link #568
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larthak View Post
And about all this tank/healer stuff. Please, that fits a MMO-style game. This game needs to have every single class able to fend for itself, no matter the situation AND be fun/awesome in the process. Sorry, but playing a tank/healer doing no damage at all doesn't mean fun to me in a realm where you slaughter thousands of demons per minute. Make their damage better, you say? Yay, imba class!
Maybe I didn't phrase it well... I said: the game would be better with them gone.
Old 2010-10-25, 11:40   Link #569
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Quote:
Maybe I didn't phrase it well... I said: the game would be better with them gone.
Oops, my bad. Sorry about that.

Still, lots of people have been asking for those "roles". Don't understand why. As if they were going to heal their enemies to death or something.
Old 2010-10-25, 12:05   Link #570
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

wasnt most healing done by potions? so there prob wont be any healer class in this one too.
Old 2010-10-26, 01:29   Link #571
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Potions? Only if you were a sorcy. If you were a zon or barb or combatdin or fighting druid, no. Lifeleech = wham instafull.

As for Demon Hunter...

I'd prefer the warcraft variety over the diablo variety in this case. Would be nice to go tearing around through demons with someone dual wielding giant double-ended katanas with all sorts of scary powers of darkness.
Old 2010-10-26, 09:16   Link #572
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well taking into account that in D3 , monsters will drop life instead of potions , i think heal won't be a really matter except against Boss's case .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 09:55   Link #573
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Well taking into account that in D3 , monsters will drop life instead of potions , i think heal won't be a really matter except against Boss's case .
...where you'll usually have destructible enviroment/respawning mobs who'll drop the orbs for you.
Old 2010-10-26, 15:39   Link #574
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larthak View Post
...where you'll usually have destructible enviroment/respawning mobs who'll drop the orbs for you.
I am hoping for "clever" boss designs, such that instead of just tanking the boss because you can't stop getting damaged, you can memorise the attack patterns and kill a boss while barely getting hit.

I am not saying bossfights will be easy or even short. The idea is that if you dodge attacks you will have lower DPS, so it will take longer. I am thinking of Boss Enemies like in Zelda, which is what Blizzard mentioned in their gameplay inspirations.

I mean, standing toe to toe with a boss and keep bashing it before it kills you is only fun the first time.
Old 2010-10-26, 23:47   Link #575
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Diablo on a Paladin using Thorns aura and Thorns gear was kind of fun. "Hit me damn it, hit me!"
Old 2010-10-27, 10:35   Link #576
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Diablo on a Paladin using Thorns aura and Thorns gear was kind of fun. "Hit me damn it, hit me!"
Try it on PvP.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 12:33   Link #577
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Never did Diablo II PVP...but then I never got muh beyong Nightmare Mode leveling either (I think I was in Act III somewhere last time I stopped playing). But not being able to do much damage to Diablo as a Paladin only to have Diablo hit himself for 10% or more damage everytime he hit me with his claws was awesome.
Old 2010-10-27, 13:08   Link #578
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Blizzard has once again said they will "discourage" offline singleplayer...
And they didn't even try to disguise the fact that it isn't about screwing us over.

I want to hurt somebody. Seriously. And if I ever met a Blizzard employee I will scream at them.
Old 2010-10-27, 13:27   Link #579
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

They want parties to do the deeds this time around I guess.
Old 2010-10-27, 14:25   Link #580
Xacual

It's just going to be the same as SC2. They want to limit as much as possible people using hacks or mods to play the game by avoiding online multiplayer. I'm betting the single player will be exactly like SC2, online with achievements and such.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler